Bailey, Chloe and Zuri

Well the girls showed up in San Marcos to play for the South Texas State title...at stake a chance to advance to the Region 3 finals in Tennessee to face the best teams in the 13 state region.

First game was against Lone Star North the #1 WDDOA seed but the weaker of the two coming from the west.

We draw first blood.. with a goal in the first minute and with the wind for the first half this is very important.. wind was blowing 25mph from left to right and definitively had a influence on what the opposing team could do with the ball. 12th man for real!!!

We scored another goal... and went in 2-0 at the half.. comfortable but not secure.

They also capitalized on the wind advantage  and scored two to equalize... final 2-2. Not what hope for but satisfactory.

Next game was against the 800 lb gorilla the Lone Star Red #16 in the nation.. we are ranked 92nd.
last meeting was a 5-0 blowout. This time they had the wind for the first half and they scored 2.. which I considered a win for us because it could easily been more.. Not that we played bad.. we actually played very well ... but they are just too strong and tooo deep. I was confident that we could do something now that we had the 12th man in our favor... but I was wrong we conceded another goal to finish 3-0... believe it or not quite admirable. Again you are facing a team that is TRULY Stacked ( with players going to North Carolina, Texas and A&M to name a few... our combination of North and South... would do good to hold them to 10!) heck they would probably beat the boys South Team and a combo of the two. NO kiddin.

Well we are not going to Tennessee but we do have a chance to go out on top with a win over the EDDOA #1 seed Eclispe Black and a team that had beat us 2-1 in the prelims to get to State.

We are off to a good start by winning the coining toss  and we have the wind advantage for the first half... Lets bury them early.. and we get a goal in the first couple of minutes... then we play the rest of the first half to a 1-0 lead.. NOT GOOD.. NOT Comfortable.. They now have the wind and some big legs that can score from mid field.. heck their goalie was actually punting the ball nearly the full field.

We come out the 2nd half and do the impossible and score another goal going into the the force field wind.. and now I am feeling a little better.. not relieved but better.  

We held Strong (Bailey with some unbelievable saves... just as she did in  the North/ South game.) and it made the difference... Chloe threatened the goal on a few occasions and even contributed to one of our goals I believe... very solid play.  And Zuri was her usual self.. out jumping most of the defenders to give us an advantage on most throw-ins and playing some good threw balls and winning some 50/50s.

I am very proud of our South East Texas girls... they showed up an played very well... They helped their team to a 1-1-1 record and finish 2nd in a very competitive field (outside of Lone star Red) !

I thought it was over for Zuri on the club level.... but the girls were texting on the way home and said they wanted to form a U19 team for next year ( do not know all the details) but the girls said the Lone Star team was going to do it.. so they said heck... why do not we.... That dried my "last club day" tears up real quick and gave the old man some hope!  

See ya soon around someones soccer field.. RIP

Oh I forgot....the best part for the girls anyway.. the Super Team Mom Kathy Petmecky(who's daughter left to play for Rice a year earlier... now how many folks would have hung around toting ice chest and canopies to every Fall and Spring game for the full year after your kid had split) Gave each player (18) a hand made shawl of all different patterns that matched each girls College choice school colors!  Now that blew me away.. her husband said he had been doing the cooking and cleaning for the full year it took her to meet her objective!

Speaking of Husband Robert... go to You tube and put in AHFC or Houtex pilot and see how he committed his time the past few years.. making game footage of every game ... complete with soundtrack.... talk about really cool... our girls will forever live on in cyber space and my daughter can tell her grand children... look what maw-maw could do when she was your age... Super Coool!

Yeah if you are a team mom or soccer dad.. you are going to have to step up your game to catch the Petmeckys.... Real Christian Spirit!

That is VERY IMPRESSIVE!  I will also have to state that I can attest personally the dedication of a couple of local dads!  Rory and Matt ...thank you from the bottom of my heart on letting Chloe catch rides with each of you to and from practice and games!  Each of your dedication to your daughters allowed mine to be able to step up to the next level of soccer!  There would have been no way otherwise with the schedule I run with my two younger boys.  Thank each of you again....

[quote name="sharkstooth" post="1015970" timestamp="1307051572"]
That is VERY IMPRESSIVE!  I will also have to state that I can attest personally the dedication of a couple of local dads!  Rory and Matt ...thank you from the bottom of my heart on letting Chloe catch rides with each of you to and from practice and games!  Each of your dedication to your daughters allowed mine to be able to step up to the next level of soccer!  There would have been no way otherwise with the schedule I run with my two younger boys.  Thank each of you again....
[/quote]

No Problem... is Chloe in for the U19 team if it forms?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder