Big 12 Tourney/Aggies win!!!!

Guest UHCoog14
At this point, UT could care less about the Big XII tourney. It's always good to win, but there are bigger fish to fry down the road.

They have a regional locked up safely. They could use a win or two to lock up a super regional. Still might get one anyway even if they lose tomorrow.

A&M also has a regional locked up. They still have an outside chance to get a super regional if they win it all this weekend.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1014128" timestamp="1306359270"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=84552.msg1014118#msg1014118 date=1306355312]
Final,  6-4  Mizzou.   >:( >:( >:(
[/quote]

;D
[/quote]

Don't make me put the voodoo hex on those Brenham Cubs.  ;)

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1014267" timestamp="1306423700"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=84552.msg1014128#msg1014128 date=1306359270]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=84552.msg1014118#msg1014118 date=1306355312]
Final,  6-4  Mizzou.   >:( >:( >:(
[/quote]

;D
[/quote]

Don't make me put the voodoo hex on those Brenham Cubs.  ;)
[/quote]

Lol.  Don't you do it!    :D

Everyone does realize that the Big 12 tournament is a round-robin style tournament.

A team controls their destiny by going 3-0... but tie-breakers go to the highest seeded team in each bracket to determine who plays in the championship game.

Sorry, I've seen "Baylor eliminated" - which is true, and then I saw someone post "Aggies get the winner of such and such"

Big 12 designs it that way for cinderella 6/7 seeds to make the big dance each year, and also lets the top dogs control their own destiny for hosting super regionals/ regionals.

Big Mizzou alumn, went to nearly 200 games in college (road, home, and every year to OKC)

Guest UHCoog14
They switched back this year to a  brackets with double elimination in each bracket. The two bracket winners will play for the championship in a best of 3 I believe.

You are correct that they switched back to a double elimination format... I will promise you the final game will be winner takes all and not a three game series!

Good call, that's a lot of baseball for two weekends...

UH looking solid, they get to lose to Rice again (what 22 out the last 25)??? Coach had a huge "come to Jesus" meeting with the Coogs, wouldn't let them into the clubhouse two weeks ago after game 1 loss to southern miss. Now they're on fire.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="ljeicp08" post="1014569" timestamp="1306506299"]
You are correct that they switched back to a double elimination format... I will promise you the final game will be winner takes all and not a three game series!

Good call, that's a lot of baseball for two weekends...

UH looking solid, they get to lose to Rice again (what 22 out the last 25)??? Coach had a huge "come to Jesus" meeting with the Coogs, wouldn't let them into the clubhouse two weeks ago after game 1 loss to southern miss. Now they're on fire.
[/quote]

You are correct. 1 game Championship.

Aggies 9-Kansas State 8. A&M to the championship game. Down 8-4 in the bottom of the 8th, A&M tied the game with 4 in the 8th, and won it in the bottom of the 11th with a bases loaded no outs single. With Stilson out for the year and not able to pitch at all in the tourney, A&M will be way down into the pitching depth chart tomorrow.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder