Lamar and SHSU invited to the WAC?

I wonder what SFA is thinking. SHSU would not be allowed to play at SFA and SFA won't only play at SHSU.
Without that game SHSU already low attendance will drop further unless some huge names play at SHSU.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1004845" timestamp="1304352733"]
I wonder what SFA is thinking. SHSU would not be allowed to play at SFA and SFA won't only play at SHSU.
Without that game SHSU already low attendance will drop further unless some huge names play at SHSU.
[/quote]

I doubt the SHSU side of this "Rumor" is true.  I was at the Football Dinner/Auction last month where Bobby Williams stated the plan is to become the best FCS football team we can be while preparing to become an FBS school in the "Future".  Also when he showed the slides for their presentation to potential FBS conferences he specifically said "this is a small part of our presentation we will give when we are asked"  not that He has already given...as to the SFA game it is scheduled to be played at a neutral location for the next 4 seasons so the home and home issue may be a mute point, but Im not sure how that works exactly....

I think it's pretty funny that Lamar has had a program again for 2 years now, and is getting more respect about moving up than a program like Sam Houston that has had a program in place for so long now. lol

[quote name="AJ25" post="1004878" timestamp="1304357362"]
I think it's pretty funny that Lamar has had a program again for 2 years now, and is getting more respect about moving up than a program like Sam Houston that has had a program in place for so long now. lol
[/quote]

Lamar should get more respect (With regards to moving up) but not because your program is leaps and bounds better than SHSU, but because your school has more money, has a stadium that basically meets the bare minimum of attendance already, your attendance is night and day different than SHSU and probably most importantly your administration and fans desperately want to make that move and are willing to do what it takes to make it happen and SHSU's is maybe 50/50 split on the idea at best...I personally think it would be an utter disaster for our program if we made this move at this point.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="1004876" timestamp="1304357274"]
Nothing is official until there is a press release, press conference, etc. The source coachacola referenced to has thrown tons of crap against the wall with most of it not sticking. That's a credible response from me!
[/quote]

I saw it on the internet so it must be true!  ;D

I think LU would want SHSU in the WAC with them.  That helps cut down travel expenses and gives them a rival which is part of the criteria Dr. Simmons was looking for in a FBS conference.  FCS football (along with the SLC) is dying a slow death so there's not much point in staying put.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was pressure from the TSUS to have all 3 schools FBS.

The budget crisis is Louisiana won't be as bad as first predicted. It will hurt the La schools, but they should manage to hold on.
The SLC is not dying, it looks to be getting stable. The schools that want out is leaving and those who want stay will join those who want in; UCO and ACU.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1005053" timestamp="1304389344"]
The budget crisis is Louisiana won't be as bad as first predicted. It will hurt the La schools, but they should manage to hold on.
The SLC is not dying, it looks to be getting stable. The schools that want out is leaving and those who want stay will join those who want in; UCO and ACU.
[/quote]

Don't forget Tarleton, they're an option as well. Solid facilities and winning programs across the board.

[quote name="AJ25" post="1005375" timestamp="1304455958"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=83855.msg1005053#msg1005053 date=1304389344]
[/quote]

Don't forget Tarleton, they're an option as well. Solid facilities and winning programs across the board.
[/quote]Tarleton talked about moving up, but they seem to be backing off. West Texas might attract some from the Amarillo market especially if they move a few home games to Amarillo.

Good read, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/478345-southland-conference-expansiontime-to-consider-some-options

[quote name="UNLV" post="1005546" timestamp="1304517191"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=83855.msg1005375#msg1005375 date=1304455958]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=83855.msg1005053#msg1005053 date=1304389344]
[/quote]

[/quote]Tarleton talked about moving up, but they seem to be backing off. West Texas might attract some from the Amarillo market especially if they move a few home games to Amarillo.

Good read, http://bleacherreport.com/articles/478345-southland-conference-expansiontime-to-consider-some-options
[/quote]

They could compete for an SLC Title year one... Those guys up there can play some football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics