Goose Creek Memorial vs. Baytown Lee Game Thread/Lee wins/Comments

Guest Ranger83
Hackney is a good baseball guy. He's been HC there for the last 3-4 years.
rel definately has GCM's number.

Time for GCM to right the ship and go to work!

Guest Ranger83
GCM-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---0-6-1
REL--0-0-0-2-0-0-x---2-5-1

What game was your scorer watching? This is why baseball needs an "official scorer".

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1004102" timestamp="1304171372"]
GCM-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---0-6-1
REL--0-0-0-2-0-0-x---2-5-1

What game was your scorer watching? This is why baseball needs an "official scorer".
[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing and I'm not very liberal when it comes to scoring a game.  My book shows:

GCM    0-5-2
LEE    2-4-1

Imagine how these kinds of liberal "interpretations" reflect in kids batting averages from team to team.  It's kinda like when one teams fans whine at the umpire for calling pitches 6 inches off the plate and low against their teams batters and hollers what a GREAT pitch it was when the other team is at bat.

Guest Ranger83
That's my point. 1 or 2 hits here and there can turm any kid into Ted Williams. It may not sound like a big deal, but it does matter.

Did it effect the outcome of the game? Heck no! The play that had the biggest impact could not even be ruled an error (even though in my book, not catching a routine fly ball is always an error).

Bottom line is that the UIL needs to employ independent score keepers for ALL varsity baseball games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder