Only One Athlete Tests Positive In State Wide Steroid Testing

C'mon Jag.....have you ever seen how those tests are handled.  Would be very hard to "rig" the test and I d not know many coaches willing to put their careers on the line for that.  If you go back to when this all started and see the root of the push, you will understand how rediculous it was for this to ever be mandated.  On REPUBLICAN congressman's cause because he blamed the school for his son's steroid use and eventual suicide.  He was on a witch hunt and now is no longer in congress.

Who chooses the athletes to be tested? If the schools pick the athletes than the testing is flawed. My kids have been drug tested multiple times in HS. The school knows they will test negative, therefore they get a clean bill and meet all requirements. Politics at its best. 

The selections are random.  It is against state law, not education law, to hand pick testers.  If you have an administrator willing to risk his career then that is his problem.  I agree, there may be some that contribute to a flawed system but overall, you get a good selection and even though I am sure more than 1 athlete in the state uses steroids, I still be it is less than 1%.  I can assure you that none of ours use them.  I can look at them and tell.

I do believe it is flawed and I agree that for the cost it probably should be ended but I think the implementation of the test has slowed down the use of roids with just the fear of being caught just as the drug test have .

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder