BH and Dayton steam roll through New districts

BH96

Well son, you're right about that. However, I have found that there "is a lot of hateing" on everybody on most threads. For the most part, it's alot of overzealous and misrepresented pride in a program, team, or child. However, there is also a lot of "loveing" going on with props all around and I for one would much rather see that. But, talk nasty about MY school, and I'm not letting it go - not anymore. I'm not denegrating the program from which the vile comes, but when someone speaks untrue facts, I'll correct them. I will not however, correct and opinion as that's what it is and we're all entitled.

Thank you for recognizing the hateing, but recognize for all, not just one program.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Are you implying that BH is not competitive? Careful now, there are a whole lot of people watching how you answer this and you don't want to look anymore moronic than you already do. Go read your record books or for that matter, the stats that WOS87 has posted. I think it proves that BH competes year in and year out.

2. Are you saying that a school like BH, who by the way, with a population pool of those 4 small towns you so eloquently waxed on about, equal about 6000 at the most, are on an equal talent pool level with Beaumont with a population 113,000+? Careful again, the numbers are not with you here.

3. Do you, in your honest opinion, feel that BH has some sort of "inside" connection at the UIL, which every two years places BH with a bunch of drug store cotton soft schools (whatever in the h@#$ that is)for the sole purpose of breezing through a regular season??? "ooooh, it's a conspiracy!!!" BH has no more control of what district it's put in than you do, so don't fault BH for being in a "weak district". It's based soley on geography nothing more my friend. I know, how about you get a job with the UIL and then you can have some real pull with where BH gets placed.

Finally, not a question but a comment. I have never intimated that Central is a bunch of un-disciplined kids that run amok, not once! I do think everybody on here from BH realizes how strong/talented Central is and realize that it could get real ugly, real fast. However, we also are proud of our kids and the program and realize that ANYTHING can happen on a given night. That's why we play the games on Friday night. No, we don't have the thoroghbreds that your Beaumont schools have. We don't even have the thoroughbreds that Dayton has for that matter. (Gosh, I wished I knew where their speed comes from year in and year out), but we do have a stable of quarter horses with heart and desire. And I'll tell you another thing SFA85, I would much rather have a team of over-acheivers with heart and desire that gives me 110% everyday than a team full of talent and the egos that go with it. Now don't get your panties in a wad, I'm not saying Central is a team like that, but I AM SAYING that BH is the previous! Less talented, over-achievers, with hearts and desires the size of Texas!

Let me see if I can address all of your points:

1. BH is competative. They do damn well for the talent level and of course I have personal experience with the Hill and as being a moron, well stupid is as stupid does.....

2. Numbers are irrelevent for a 1 school town. Quality coaching will maximize the talent base in the area. I wish someone would maximize the talent in PA but that's another talk show.

3. No, I don't think BH has the UIL on speed dail. They just can't read a map. They did the same thing to Anahauc the last 2 years they were in 3A making them go east when they had a district much closer. Maybe they UIL will learn to read a map next time

The drug store cotton comparison well let's see. Huffman is having a 4A hangover, FB hasn't been the same since Homes left to GBall, GP is just now becoming more consistant, of course Crosby and C. E. King are the most consistant from 21 4A. Dayton would've made the district stronger but they were but in 22 which made this district even stronger. Smiley---well haven't done anything since the 80's. NC has been anything since Adam Dunn left.....

So that's where I get the cotton soft comparison

I've been on these message boards for some time now and it's always implied or said outright that majority Black schools are just a rouge bunch that I guess just do their own thing night in night out. I hate that. If there were that bad, School in densely population areas such as Maine and Vermont wouldn't go to the Hood looking for the next big thing. So yes I get sideways when I see those type of comments but there's nothing I can do about that. I will say that often Urban schools tend to underachieve but I think it's because it's hard to get and keep quality coaches. For example, just in the last 5 years Central has had 3 coaches, 2 good ones and 1 well they went 1-9. Stowers' contract is up in the spring and I hope he stays but you can't blame him for leaving. If there's a 1 school town or a better opportunity out there, I can't be mad if he leaves.....

I do not remember anyone from BH saying that black schools are a rouge bunch are even implying it. Many have said that BH is disciplined but that is not meant to be racial. WOS is a disciplined group of football players.

Discipline can win ball games. Talent can win ball games. Coaching can win ball games. Chemistry/teamwork can win ball games. If you have all four you have something special.

do not remember anyone from BH saying that black schools are a rouge bunch are even implying it. Many have said that BH is disciplined but that is not meant to be racial. WOS is a disciplined group of football players

The statement should've been, "I've been on several sports message boards" implying not just this but others which this topic about discipline players and all

Man' date=' it seems like all season Barbers Hill fans have been posting with such confidence. They have been talking about how they were not the "weak" district. After reading some the the recent posts, it's seems as though you have already been beaten by Central. What's up with that?[/quote']

All BH fans will tell you they are in a weak district. However, their football district is not as weak as many would believe. GP, Crosby, New Caney and CE King all had outstanding QB's for example. This district, although weaker than most, is getting much better and is no pushover.

As far as the last point in your post--Central you should just work on LaMarque this week. You may not even have to sweat in this game. If you believe that then I have some property south of Sabine Pass I would like to sell you.

2. Are you saying that a school like BH, who by the way, with a population pool of those 4 small towns you so eloquently waxed on about, equal about 6000 at the most, are on an equal talent pool level with Beaumont with a population 113,000+? Careful again, the numbers are not with you here.

Both BH and Central are 4A schools. The numbers there are much more comparable. Yeah, Beaumont is a bigger city, but they have three high schools competing in the UIL, plus schools like Kelly, Cathedral Christian, etc.

Man' date=' it seems like all season Barbers Hill fans have been posting with such confidence. They have been talking about how they were not the "weak" district. After reading some the the recent posts, it's seems as though you have already been beaten by Central. What's up with that?[/quote']

Who’s laying down? If you think that this bunch of kids from BH is going to lie down you are seriously delusional. They have a very good football team and they will show it come this weekend. I have watched this group of kids over the last five years and they are very good. If you think these kids are frightened by anyone take a look at some of these numbers when you watch them play. Number sixty four, thirty three, twelve, forty four, eight five, thirty and thirty two, and number sixty four. Gees get off their backs and give them the respect they deserve and that is district champions. Can we just talk about football and the kids instead of “my daddy can outrun your daddy, my house is bigger than yours, or I want what you have"?

Alright, I knew this would get some good dialogue going...lol

Fanatic...I'm not an idiot and I'm not saying definitively that Central is going to win. It's back to any given outcome on any given night. I do feel Central is way more talented than the Hill based on everything I can read about them. But that doesn't mean it's already over and I'm still rootin' for the Hill to impress some people. But it's not the end of the world if we lose either.

I don't know that I would classify 21-4A as a "weak" district. Maybe weaker than 22-4A as a collective body, but not weak as in a bunch of pansies weak!

WOS92...your last comment I don't feel is quite as accurate. Yes Beaumont has Westbrook, Central, Ozen, Kelly, Cathedral Christian and so forth...but do the math. 113+k divided by 5 or so schools is still wayyyy much more than 6000 or so. It actually equates to nearly 4 times the population if it were divided equally. I know, I know it's all hypothetical and speculation, but it's about the most tangible way to compare. The fact that students can choose their school may even be in the favor of the Beaumont schools. If you have a strong program and you have the wherewithall to send your kids to the elite program, then that program is almost a school with the "allstars". Not quite the same from a school of 6000 where there is no choice. Conversely, it could be said that it waters down the programs but I doubt that one is as accurate.

And finally SFA, I never-ever said anything about black schools or inner city schools in ANY racial innuendo so PLEASE don't put words in my mouth. I would NEVER EVER bring race into these boards as it has NO PLACE here, PERIOD!!!!

Alright Fanatic, whatever you think. I can only assume you're referencing my posts. Evidently, you've not read all my posts on this thread or the others. I haven't talked smack to anyone. Yeah, SFA85 and I have our differences but it's just good debate. And as much as I want to pinch his head off sometimes for some of the things he says, I think I would still like to sit in the grand stands and watch a game with him. He seems like a pretty bright fella and has as much love of the game as I do.

I haven't conceded the win to Central nor has any other Hilllian that I know of. I think we all know it's going to be dogfight and I just wished I could be there to watch it.

Guest PurplePride

:shock: Everyone CALM DOWN! :shock: I want to jump on this bandwagon so bad...it is killing me! :shock:

It is one thing to stand up for your school....and that is too cool! But when you drag all your stats, last years etc. into it...and ANYONE that can come on here and say "yall have been talking smack etc."...HELLO? Don't make me dig in the post and pull your towns smack talking up! WHAT A BUNCH OF SMACK TALKERS! Geez! Let the numbers speak for themselves! NO ONE has ANY RIGHT to talk about WEAK DISTRICTS AROUND HERE!!

All I know is Dayton WON RIGHTFULLY 22-4A. Barbers Hill WON RIGHTFULLY 21-4A. Let next weeks wins/losses speak for themselves.....

GO BRONCOS!

GO EAGLES!

GO BULLDOGS!

:D

Well said Eagle82. You can burn up my cell phone for updates if needed. Just PM me for the number.

BH will be ready, no doubt about that. Let's hope the offense leaves it all on the field, win or loose. No time to be conservative.

The BH backfield is going to have to step it up this week. Hopefully they play # 12 more on defense than last week.

Finally, let's hope we win the turnover battle in a big way.

Guest PurplePride

:shock: Where have I BEEN? I missed all these! BH, you guys know better........you KNOW what I think and everyone else from Dayton...enough said! :wink:

GO BRONCOS!

GO EAGLES!

GO BULLDOGS!

:D :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami