Okay, THAT WAS EMBARRASSING!!!!

I can't believe that at this time, when I should be preparing the softball and baseball sections, I have to deal with this.

I just had to issue online an apology to Randy Crouch, Mike Long and their respective school administrators, one of which is WAS FORMERLY PASTOR OF MY CHILDHOOD CHURCH.  To top that it had to be a thread in which I was heavily involved and on an issue as folks can tell from my posts there I feel pretty strongly about.

Why because a staff member decided to make an attempt to pass himself over as Coach Crouch and Coach Long for purposes of furthering his point of view.

Here are the posts in question:

[img]http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/1020/cooper2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/4674/cooper1.jpg[/img]

As you can see, the IP addresses match each other......and.....they match the IP of one of our own.

So to questions

1) Kerry, why?  Why did you pull such a stunt which will serve only to undermine the opinion of those of us who support Coach Thompson in this matter as well as being a blatant violation of board rules?  Not only that but to threaten the very credibility of this board.

2) How going forward should we handle this?

AS I said on phone, this is worst violation ive seen  on board. All admin and mod titles stripped and feel lucjy full ban didn't happen. It would happen to anyone else. I caught this last night and will step down if action lije I said above is not taken. This is worst action.

Sadly, I have to agree.  This is not a situation where some random unknown person was created.  Actual identities were used...Coach Crouch, Coach Long and J.C. Bilbo, former Mustang...this falls just below the level of criminal activity.

If there is a vote, my vote is all mod and admin status taken. If not, I apologize but I cannot be associated with this type of activity with position I am in in media. Plus in my opinion this site does not want this type of reputation, it is like the examiner, and once perception is made the perception becomes reality. I am not making this decision lightly on what I think needs to be done. It is the right decision though. To impersonate a local coach is huge no-no. If mike had done this I'd have same feeling. If I did this at work, I'd be fire within the hour and would expect it.

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="1000036" timestamp="1303272454"]
I did not do this!! Jordan i'll call you in the morning! Cant believe ya'll are blaming me..
[/quote]

Kerry,

I need you to pm me whatever you'd like to tell me..I need everything in writing...thanks

Well, everything I've ever thought about this individual is being proven true....

Get rid of him if we have the proof... He better have some dang good evidence it's not him...

This site will be fine without people like this individual...

Kerry has been removed from the SETXsports Staff. Here is the pm I just sent to him...

Kerry,

It is with great sadness and disappointment that I inform you of your removal from the SETXsports Staff. In light of the recent allegations made against you concerning the impersonation of LCM football head coach Randy Crouch, this decision has been made. There has been much research done into these allegations, and even your responses have been considered. However, it is overwhelmingly not in your favor. This removal, may or may not be permanent. Consider your removal at this time "indefinite." Please note that this is not a ban or a complete removal from this website, only a removal from the SETXsports staff. There has been no timetable set to re-evaluate this decision, however a confession from you acknowledging that the allegations made against you were correct, would most definitely speed up this process.

Thank you for your contribution over the years to SETXsports. Without a doubt, this website would not be where it is today if it wasn't for you.

here is his response:

Yea because i do an awful lot of work from getting Alex to promote on channel 6 to posting news articles daily like ive done today. Other ADMINS dont know near the places to go to articles like i do daily. Plus having alot of inside scoop helps to by getting the news first on the site. I know for a fact the Kelly Football person wasn't me! We had a camera guy at channel 6 using that user name several times, who by the way is a coach now in Houston somewhere.

[quote name="jdawg03" post="1002544" timestamp="1303842600"]
here is his response:

Yea because i do an awful lot of work from getting Alex to promote on channel 6 to posting news articles daily like ive done today. Other ADMINS dont know near the places to go to articles like i do daily. Plus having alot of inside scoop helps to by getting the news first on the site. I know for a fact the Kelly Football person wasn't me! [b]We had a camera guy at channel 6 using that user name several times, who by the way is a coach now in Houston somewhere[/b].
[/quote]

If he is a coach now in Houston, how was he able to use the KFDM IP in that post he made in the WOS thread?

OK I will take it upon myself to link the Leader's stories on the site. I cannot do it for any other local media due to my position at the paper. That is one down and I know some of you will step up for the rest. I will try to do espn stories and others I see on the national level but locally all I can do is the Leaders. It is an ethics thing and out of respect of my job.

I don't know that anyone wished for it to come to this.  I feel a special debt to Kerry for getting me over here on staff.  Also, I don't think Kerry did what he did with malicious intent.  To this day, I don't think Kerry thought anything was wrong and that, at most, this was a harmless stunt.  

But it was anything but harmless.  He took on the identity of not one, not two, but three figures in the thread in question.  And the fact that his home IP matched the 3rd made it even more damning.

I wish him well and perhaps one day he can be welcomed back into the fold.  However, this was action that needed to be taken.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1002617" timestamp="1303850197"]
I don't know that anyone wished for it to come to this.  I feel a special debt to Kerry for getting me over here on staff.  Also, I don't think Kerry did what he did with malicious intent.  To this day, I don't think Kerry thought anything was wrong and that, at most, this was a harmless stunt. 

But it was anything but harmless.  He took on the identity of not one, not two, but three figures in the thread in question.  And the fact that his home IP matched the 3rd made it even more damning.

I wish him well, and I perhaps one day he can be welcomed back into the fold.  However, this was action that needed to be taken.
[/quote]

Agreed. The ONLY problem I see adding him back is because as of right now he is still denying all this. So what will stop it from happening again? We all owe Kerry for his work on this site. The bottom line is this; if I do something at my job which leads to my termination they will thank me, applaud my efforts and all I have done for the paper and website and then move forward. He really can't expect us to sit around and wait for the day we think he has matured. I know I wouldn't expect the Leader to do that. If and when he returns as a mod, he will have to be watched closely for not just a few weeks but for quite a while. Bad habits can be hard to break.

You can't trust him... Todd, if you'll let me know what Kerry contributed that I can help out with on a news related front, I'll do everything I can... I don't know if he did specific sections or what....

I think this thing should definitely keep him from ever being on the staff again...

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1002657" timestamp="1303860484"]
Now, as I understand it, any questions or references regarding Kerry no longer being a staff member should be moved to the deleted treads forum as soon as it is sighted.

Correct?
[/quote]

that or simply delete em. won't hurt anything to not have them around at all

Kerry refuses to admit his wrong doing which will keep him from ever being a staff member.

It's really sad, but the decision had to be made. There was no doubt what Kerry did and it actually surprises me that he will not come clean about it even with the evidence so overwhelming.

Also, there is no questioning how much traffic Kerry helped bring to the site with his million topics that he started and posts made. We as a group will have to step up and provide the info that he normally brought to the site. I believe we can do this and the site will not miss a beat.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1002657" timestamp="1303860484"]
Now, as I understand it, any questions or references regarding Kerry no longer being a staff member should be moved to the deleted treads forum as soon as it is sighted.

Correct?
[/quote]

Yes, that is correct. Any and all talk in the open forums regarding Kerry's removal should be squashed and immediately removed.

I agree with Gabe, no sense in even saving it in the deleted forum.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami