Chester actually in a UIL district for 2011-2012?

I was peeking at the UIL website to get Burkeville's numbers for realignment when I happened upon what was called "2011-2012" alignments.  I looked at the 1A 6-man 2011-2012 alignment which sets out District 13-1A (6 man, DI) which has:

Apple Springs
Chester
Coolidge
Laird Hill Leveretts Chapel
Oakwood

I thought they were going to have to wait until next year's realignment.  It is great if they don't so that they have something to play for in late November.

It is true...the district graciously voted us in this past winter so we are the real deal now.  We are no longer 'Outlaws' ;D

It was really a fun season this past year learning the new game.  Community seemed to adapt well and we had good crowds still.  Some may still downplay 6man, but it really has an exciting appeal to it and if you get a chance you should really try to catch a game.  Now..just like 11man, if it's a lopsided game it's really not that exciting (unless you're winning of course!), but when you have teams that are relatively comparable, it's hard to beat!

If anyone thinks 6man is not football, I challenge you to rethink that thought.  I saw some hits last year that will make the toughest of the tough shiver a little!  I have even read that they are trying to start adult 6man leagues in central Texas.  Maybe we should try that here.  Any takers???

[quote name="Jacket_Mom" post="993147" timestamp="1302023733"]
It is true...the district graciously voted us in this past winter so we are the real deal now.  We are no longer 'Outlaws' ;D

It was really a fun season this past year learning the new game.  Community seemed to adapt well and we had good crowds still.  Some may still downplay 6man, but it really has an exciting appeal to it and if you get a chance you should really try to catch a game.  Now..just like 11man, if it's a lopsided game it's really not that exciting (unless you're winning of course!), but when you have teams that are relatively comparable, it's hard to beat!

If anyone thinks 6man is not football, I challenge you to rethink that thought.  I saw some hits last year that will make the toughest of the tough shiver a little!  I have even read that they are trying to start adult 6man leagues in central Texas.  Maybe we should try that here.  Any takers???
[/quote]I went to the 6-man state title game this past season. it's the real deal. it clearly changed my opinion about 6-man football.

[quote name="Jacket_Mom" post="993147" timestamp="1302023733"]

[/quote]

Well, I made one of the Jackets' scrimmages but wasn't able to make a game last year.  To make one is still on my to do list.  Because of my duties on Friday nights, I hope that there are some Saturday games on the schedule

It is great that they have been included in a UIL district starting next year.  An exciting brand of football should be made a lot more exciting with a district championship on the line.  Also, I am sure that Coach Holton will be thankful not to have to scramble to schedule what constituted 9 non-district games.  Hopefully, he has gotten in touch with Coach Stranburg at Orange Community Christian and we can have a SETX Six Man Bowl!

In sum, I think this is great news for Chester!

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="996746" timestamp="1302692376"]
The game with Chester and Community Christian  is a done deal from my understanding.
[/quote]

If Coach Holton and Coach Strandberg can find their way to have it on a Saturday, I'll be in attendance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder