Pitch Count

[quote name="baseballguy99" post="992155" timestamp="1301780067"]
Is it true that Wilson, from West Brook, threw 153 pitches a couple weeks ago?
[/quote]

I don't know if it is true but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.  That's probably why Warner isn't at West Brook.

Most of the coaches over their are idiots (and jerks) and BISD could care less about anything but football and basketball.  (You would think their football programs would be much better since they get all the money?)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="baseballguy99" post="992155" timestamp="1301780067"]
Is it true that Wilson, from West Brook, threw 153 pitches a couple weeks ago?
[/quote]

Can someone verify his status? I have heard some rumors that he might have re-injured himself.

Why is there a prohibition on players wearing jewelry and the national baseball high school rules list this under the heading of safety but of all the games I have ever watched at all levels I have never heard of a player being injured because he had on some sort of jewelery.  But there is a wealth of information available by medical experts and years of research and study indicating excessive pitch counts poses a serious threat of injury and I have heard of numerous players injured due to overuse.  I have never seen or heard of a medical or expert opinion indicating that pitch counts are not important.

Why is it then that there is not some sort of rule on pitch counts?  It just seems it would make more sense to put safety rules in place that would have a real impact.  I am not suggesting players should be allowed to wear jewelry but it just seems to me (I am not an expert) that the risk of injury is far greater to a player when they throw too many pitches than if they were a necklace.

Guest Ranger83
Baseball does not even have an official scorer. When baseball makes the money football is reported to be making (which is open to debate), things will change.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124