Jasper vs. Lufkin Hudson Game Thread/Hudson wins/Comments

was somthing wrong with burleson our next district game is tuesday thats 4 days rest?  with desent pitching jasper could have won easy. hard to believe jasper scored 8 and lost. not taking anything away from the kids that did pitch but they are pretty deep on the depth chart.

The outfield showed ther age friday night, to much talent sitting on the bench. Senior's stepped up like Billy Ray hitting a clutch hit and having 2 rbi's. Burleson ran base's great scoring all 3 time's he was on. Good hitting by the 4 through 9 batter's, Somebody is going to have to step up and feel some big shoe's LET'S GO DOG'S  FINISH STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can set and ask why coaches make the decisions they do...but I know all the Coaches in Jasper and I promise you they did what they thought was best for the team! I also know they are going to put the best 9 on the field for that particular game. When a team loses people are always quick to say what a coach should've done but if Jasper would've came out on top against Hudson ...The talk would be what a great job Mixon did by pulling in these guys that don't pitch much. People need to grow up and quit saying what the coach did wrong.....especially when he will be your sons coach in a couple of years! To all you "Jasper Baseball Players" that read this website: Keep your heads up you are doing Great!!

[quote name="amw" post="986039" timestamp="1300658092"]
We can set and ask why coaches make the decisions they do...but I know all the Coaches in Jasper and I promise you they did what they thought was best for the team! I also know they are going to put the best 9 on the field for that particular game. When a team loses people are always quick to say what a coach should've done but if Jasper would've came out on top against Hudson ...The talk would be what a great job Mixon did by pulling in these guys that don't pitch much. People need to grow up and quit saying what the coach did wrong.....especially when he will be your sons coach in a couple of years! To all you "Jasper Baseball Players" that read this website: Keep your heads up you are doing Great!!
[/quote]

I'm not sure anyone was blaming the coach. I interpreted it as people just asking why Burleson (Jasper's ace) didn't pitch against, what seems to be, the best team in the district. But I agree with you that Jasper has great coaches and they will be ready for Hudson next time they meet.

[quote name="amw" post="986039" timestamp="1300658092"]
[/quote]

no one said mixon did anything wrong read the posts or even second quessed him I didnt know burleson pitched against kville and thought he may be injured... and as far as jasper baseball players getting their heads down it takes alot more than a loss for that to happen....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder