***BREAKING NEWS.....Dan Hooks Retiring***

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989786" timestamp="1301424842"]
Trust me gentlemen. West-Orange has smaller players by choice. Have you guys been to the High school lately????
[/quote]

Smaller players by choice?  Now you are starting to lose credibility.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989797" timestamp="1301425726"]
Well, credibilty IS an issue on this post. I'm looking at both sides of this issue. I think most of you are taking a biased approach which keeps you one sided. And again.......Its all opinion.
[/quote]

Well, now you have me interested, how has the current staff decided for "smaller players by choice."

Clearly the defensive scheme that West-Orange has run for years has relied on smaller, quicker defenders. Usually, no one can run on the edges on them for that reason. My point was simply that with bigger linemen and running backs, better teams are starting to exploit the size weakness and are over-powering our smaller defenders. Now, you still think I'm losing credibilty, or can you see that?

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989804" timestamp="1301426508"]
Clearly the defensive scheme that West-Orange has run for years has relied on smaller, quicker defenders. Usually, no one can run on the edges on them for that reason. My point was simply that with bigger linemen and running backs, better teams are starting to exploit the size weakness and are over-powering our smaller defenders. Now, you still think I'm losing credibilty, or can you see that?
[/quote]

The coaches have run a scheme that best fits the players that have been on the team.  That the WO-S team has had a size issue is something that the coaches there could not legally control.  This isn't the NFL where you can bring free agents in.  If you haven't seen that, then yes, you still lack credibility.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="989802" timestamp="1301425941"]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=81893.msg989797#msg989797 date=1301425726]
Well, credibilty IS an issue on this post. I'm looking at both sides of this issue. I think most of you are taking a biased approach which keeps you one sided. And again.......Its all opinion.
[/quote]

Well, now you have me interested, how has the current staff decided for "smaller players by choice."
[/quote] ??? size flunctuates (sp) by season, not by choice.

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989773" timestamp="1301422960"]
So GUNHO, why do you think no changes need to be made?
[/quote]

It's simple for me.I don't think it's broke,so don't mess with it because you might just break it in the process. ;D

WOS is always the shorter and smaller team it seems like, well not always but most of the time. Think about it.. Next year besides Ledet, which of there skilled playersw will be over 6'1? Lindsay is 5'5 Renfro and Thomas are 5'9. Salter is 5'8. Not much there.. But they will be fast for sure!

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989811" timestamp="1301427156"]
Wow........I thought I was talking to people who knew football......You guys have one track minds. Never the less.....I digress. Im pulling for WOS too. Because its all about our kids.
[/quote]

You are and you are talking to folks who recognize the limitations of high school football, limitations that for some reason you refuse to accept.

I always pull for WO-S....always have, always will.

This topic is going to go viral, I see it on the wall. Once again, Im staying out of this, but will put my 2 cents in. Someone said that we havent been the "scarry" team since 2000, well that is wrong. Just at the last alignment, Hooks couldnt find anyone that wanted to play us. No one wanted to play a team that they thought would give them an L on their record. Now, Friendswood said ok because they were the number 4 team in 4A and what could a little ole 3A team do to them? Well, we beat them up and down the field that night, were just a few plays from winning that game. So please explain the reasoning behind WOS not having the respect we used to have. Thats bogus. Also, as far as the coaching is concerned, I believe that too many people are blowing this out of proportion, we all know that the HC will be a Mustang. Colbert wont go out of our coaching pool. Why would he? We have backups to backups that could be a HC/AD at many schools in the state. IMO, Colbert wants to gain the respect and trust of the WOCCISD tax payers and by bringing in an "outsider' would jeopardize that. It would alienate him and be the exact thing that he doesnt want. Come on guys, be OBJECTIVE, not SUBJECTIVE. Take emotions out of it and look at logic. Anyways, first and last post for me on this topic....yall have fun! ;D

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989922" timestamp="1301434523"]
Wait Grad.....I NEVER said Thompson shouldn't be the man. I think that's what got everyone on this post against me. I said the defensive personnel may need to change if we want to be more competitive deeper in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Well, let's review.  You suggested change because the current coaching staff (the acknowledged second in command being Thomspon) was not getting the Mustangs deep in the playoffs.  I think [b]kicker[/b] took that one deep.  You then suggest changes to the defense (which Thompson has run for 27 of the last 30 years) is what was needed and that the current staff has intentionally made the team small.

When folks here (including me) suggested that the school sample that coaches had to choose from lent to a smaller team, your response (even though in your later posts are trying to suggest that "others" are making this personal) was to demean the football knowledge of those who had express support for Thompson.

I don't think it is that big of a logical leap to believe that you did not support Thompson for the job.  But with your last post, it appears I may be mistaken...no problem, not my first and most assuredly won't be my last.  So I will rephrase....

Who do believe should be the next head coach at West Orange-Stark?

I won't say anything else because obviously you dont , and never will see my point. Its all about what you say and think. If you read all my posts you will see that I did not say some of the things you're accusing me of. But its ok. This is STILL an opinionated site. I have mine. You have yours. Whoever the next coach is, and what he does, I'll support because I'm a mustang fan. I hope he does hire within now to keep you guys happy, because its obvious that's all that matters to you. With that being said, I'm done.

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989959" timestamp="1301437118"]
I won't say anything else because obviously you dont , and never will see my point. Its all about what you say and think. If you read all my posts you will see that I did not say some of the things you're accusing me of. But its ok. This is STILL an opinionated site. I have mine. You have yours. Whoever the next coach is, and what he does, I'll support because I'm a mustang fan. I hope he does hire within now to keep you guys happy, because its obvious that's all that matters to you. With that being said, I'm done.
[/quote]

Please don't try and play the victim card, the shoe doesn't fit.

[quote name="VNUPE" post="989977" timestamp="1301439173"]
Lol! You're taking this far too seriously! Goodness! This is becoming comical!
[/quote]

Let's review. First, we need change.  Then when that change is contended to be difficult if not impossible, then we don't know football and are one sided. 

Then, when asked if not Thompson then who?  "Whooooooa, I never said I was against Thompson!"

Then, ok, then who would you like to see as Coach?  "No, I am not playing anymore cause y'all are all pickin' on me."

Now, it is "whooooaaa all y'all takin' this too seriously."  It is you who said folks didn't know football and you who accused anyone of questioning you as being one sided and biased.

Who is taking this too seriously? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder