Will Hamshire Fannett Win a State Championship before Silsbee?

Will Hamshire Fannett Win a State Championship before Silsbee??  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hamshire Fannett Win a State Championship before Silsbee??

• No
    • Yes

Nope! I never said they would win State at Hamshire in 2011. I said the road to State would start. The 2011 season would be the groundwork laid for the upcoming seasons for HF to reach playoff potential. Due to unforeseen circumstances this season, it could have happened by making playoffs this season. My predictions are still falling into place. The unforeseen may have been a blessing. Maybe our new coach will make his players see what they can be rather ........................

"A good coach will make his players
see what they can be rather than what they are."

-Ara Parseghian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="986717" timestamp="1300810302"]
:D :D :D Poll results 27% feel HF will win a State title before Silsbee does, while 7% feel Silsbee will win it first. ;D :D ;D :D
[/quote]

Sorry Dove but I suspect people would question the quality of the sample.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="986715" timestamp="1300810197"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81856.msg986707#msg986707 date=1300809360]
:D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]Man, you laughing huh? Last night our 12-13 year old girls defeated P.A. boys 22-21. Watch out before HF take on Memorial :D
[/quote]lol  yeah right, then you woke up.  :D

[quote name="team first" post="986736" timestamp="1300813334"]
Wow, is this really a thread. Are we talking about the ............lol..........Poll? I'm sure there are some experts on that there poll.Same guy voting day after day!!!Can't think of anything else to say, except go longhorns.
[/quote] ??? GO LONGHORNS!!!!

[quote name="Scooter!" post="986731" timestamp="1300812819"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81856.msg986715#msg986715 date=1300810197]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81856.msg986707#msg986707 date=1300809360]
:D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]Man, you laughing huh? Last night our 12-13 year old girls defeated P.A. boys 22-21. Watch out before HF take on Memorial :D
[/quote]lol  yeah right, then you woke up.  :D
[/quote]I could take a few each from our 7th, 8th and 9th graders AND beat your 9th grade team.  :o

[quote name="Scooter!" post="986826" timestamp="1300827966"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=81856.msg986819#msg986819 date=1300825865]
IF HF has all this 8th and 9th grade talent, will it transfer to the varsity?
[/quote]good question  ;D
[/quote] ::) Fellas, it's all about putting the ingredients together. Thats why I said , oh wait a minute. We can select 7th, 8th and 9th graders from HF and beat Memorial's 9th grade.  :o

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="986834" timestamp="1300828486"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=81856.msg986826#msg986826 date=1300827966]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=81856.msg986819#msg986819 date=1300825865]
IF HF has all this 8th and 9th grade talent, will it transfer to the varsity?
[/quote]good question  ;D
[/quote] ::) Fellas, it's all about putting the ingredients together. Thats why I said , oh wait a minute. We can select 7th, 8th and 9th graders from HF and beat Memorial's 9th grade.  :o
[/quote]

What ingredient(s) missing from the Longhorn varsity?

[quote name="stevenash" post="986863" timestamp="1300830131"]

[/quote]Look at the ingredients that HJ has that make them perennial powerhouses (Yes, I know this was meant for Dove, but I've got two cents worth in my pocket):

- Talent
- Discipline
- Tradition
- Self-Confidence (Belief in oneself and the team)
- Fan Support

As you can see, HF currently has only one of those ingredients.  But a good coach can add the remaining ingredients in 2-3 short years (I'm thinking of what Coach English has done in Nederland in a remarkably short time).

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="986898" timestamp="1300832441"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81856.msg986863#msg986863 date=1300830131]

[/quote]Look at the ingredients that HJ has that make them perennial powerhouses (Yes, I know this was meant for Dove, but I've got two cents worth in my pocket):

- Talent
- Discipline
- Tradition
- Self-Confidence (Belief in oneself and the team)
- Fan Support

As you can see, HF currently has only one of those ingredients.  But a good coach can add the remaining ingredients in 2-3 short years (I'm thinking of what Coach English has done in Nederland in a remarkably short time).
[/quote]you got a point +1

Those are goals for short term success or winning, but if you want to continually win you have to have a strong youth program, which you will usually see if you have the above ingredients.  A coach can add those qualties in a few years if the conditions are right for him to do so. Another ingredient that is left out is you have to have a little luck especially when the playoffs start.  Another ingredient is Serventhood, or the ability to give up oneself for the team concept. But I like all the ingredients you listed, those are without doubt needed to win. JMO

[quote name="east texas bb" post="987188" timestamp="1300851044"]
Those are goals for short term success or winning, but if you want to continually win you have to have a strong youth program, which you will usually see if you have the above ingredients.  A coach can add those qualties in a few years if the conditions are right for him to do so. Another ingredient that is left out is you have to have a little luck especially when the playoffs start.  Another ingredient is Serventhood, or the ability to give up oneself for the team concept. But I like all the ingredients you listed, those are without doubt needed to win. JMO
[/quote]Ahhhhh!!!!!  I can't believe I missed that!  Good catch.

But to your point, yes HJ has a solid youth program that is the envy of many other programs........ But HF also seems to have just as solid a foundation.  Something just seems to go amiss during the transition from 8th (and maybe 9th) grade to Varsity.  The wheels on the HF bus just seem to fall off, and most miserably at that.

I knew HJ and some others had good youth programs, didnt know that HF did.  If they do have a good youth program and something goes amiss in those years(8th-9th), then that is a sad situation, especially for the kids.  Hopefully they can find a solution to transition from the younger ages to HS.   

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="987200" timestamp="1300851870"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=81856.msg987188#msg987188 date=1300851044]
[/quote]Ahhhhh!!!!!  I can't believe I missed that!  Good catch.

But to your point, yes HJ has a solid youth program that is the envy of many other programs........ But HF also seems to have just as solid a foundation.  Something just seems to go amiss during the transition from 8th (and maybe 9th) grade to Varsity.  The wheels on the HF bus just seem to fall off, and most miserably at that.
[/quote]The wheels fall off? I think the spare tire goes with it too. ;) Surely the blame can't be all on weightlifting because the football team has the same problem.....losing!

[quote name="east texas bb" post="987222" timestamp="1300853467"]
I knew HJ and some others had good youth programs, didnt know that HF did.  If they do have a good youth program and something goes amiss in those years(8th-9th), then that is a sad situation, especially for the kids.  Hopefully they can find a solution to transition from the younger ages to HS.   
[/quote]Actually, HF dominates in the pre-9th grade

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="987324" timestamp="1300890502"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=81856.msg987222#msg987222 date=1300853467]
[/quote]

I think that may be due to the fact that UOS isnt as dominant at that time.

[quote name="stevenash" post="987378" timestamp="1300896202"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81856.msg987324#msg987324 date=1300890502]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=81856.msg987222#msg987222 date=1300853467]
[/quote]

I think that may be due to the fact that UOS isnt as dominant at that time.
[/quote]I know my older kid was coming home sore from weights and gym work. And trust me, the HF team needs more gym time than weight  time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed