Will Hamshire Fannett Win a State Championship before Silsbee?

Will Hamshire Fannett Win a State Championship before Silsbee??  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hamshire Fannett Win a State Championship before Silsbee??

• No
    • Yes

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="987426" timestamp="1300901052"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=81856.msg987378#msg987378 date=1300896202]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=81856.msg987324#msg987324 date=1300890502]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=81856.msg987222#msg987222 date=1300853467]
I knew HJ and some others had good youth programs, didnt know that HF did.  If they do have a good youth program and something goes amiss in those years(8th-9th), then that is a sad situation, especially for the kids.  Hopefully they can find a solution to transition from the younger ages to HS.   
[/quote]Actually, HF dominates in the pre-9th grade
[/quote]

I think that may be due to the fact that UOS isnt as dominant at that time.
[/quote]I know my older kid was coming home sore from weights and gym work. And trust me, the HF team needs more gym time than weight  time.
[/quote]

Very true for nearly every basketball team that wants to improve.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="east texas bb" post="987520" timestamp="1300916326"]
True, you need both, but if you have to sacrifice one it has to be weights.  Skills are a must to be successful in basketball.  No way around it. The ideal is to do weight lifting appropriate lifts that will increase the skills enhancement.
[/quote]etbb, didn't you wear out a couple Super Cats?

[quote name="east texas bb" post="987609" timestamp="1300941206"]
Still got one and the weights to go with it.  I hadnt thought about jumping on it anytime soon though! 
Those angle jumps are a beast.  We had a red one and by the time we was done with, the paint was wore off. 

[/quote]

Your mom would have told you to say "worn off" in lieu of "wore off".

Did Coach Hand personally use that machine?  When he used to stomp the floor, the boom that was created suggested a very strong leg.

Im from East Texas, and "wore off" has a certain ring to it, but yes my mom would have corrected me. 

Coach Hand had me jump on it but I dont remember him ever getting on it.  I think he went out each year and bought the best shoes that would make the best "stomp".  What is funny, when I was at Troup the "stomp" was never brought up, or even anything I ever thought of.  When I coached at Huntington with him is when I started to recognize his use of  "the stomp".  One year they had shirts made that had something about "the stomp" on it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed