Did Nueman retire???????

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="smitty" post="986172" timestamp="1300703747"]
Silence is usually a realization that your beliefs were not as strong as you thought.  Especially when challenged to be tested!     ;)
[/quote]

Nope, my beliefs are as strong as ever.  My realization is that you have an infatuation.  Not one time have I said the DC should be the head coach, matter of fact I never saw anyone post that.  You bringing it up demonstrates you are not objective on that matter, thus the silence.  If we were discussing how great Nederland's defense was going to be this year, and it would all be because of how great a coach our DC was, then I'd understand where you're coming from.  It's tough to overcome an infatuation, as I said, I feel for you.

If Nederland pushes out Delbert Spell as DC, then we at PN-G should create an emeritus coaching designation for him and give him some purple and white gear to wear.  Delbert Spell has forgotten more football than most will ever know.  Same with Neuman and Barrow.  Those men have built a solid program at Nederland with varying degrees of talent from year to year.  Just my 0.02 cents from the outside looking in.  And, no, we are not looking to replace Coach Faircloth or any other coaches at PN-G.  We're happy with what we have...but, I think we can find some emeritus spots for Spell and Neuman if NISD wants to push them aside.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Nederlands DEFENSE other wise known as DIDBA will be fun to watch, I saw the 3 stating linemen dominate the combine in Beaumont and a DB win best DB at combine. They were Corbin Carr jr,Koby Curon soph, Brock Pryor soph, and Zach Taylor soph Best Db. Add the likes of all district Jordan Wood soph with Corbin Stamply soph, Tre Broussard jr, Luke Delord jr ,K Hop jr,. That is a pretty good returning group. Fill in 2 spots with a couple outstanding prospects. Wow! If rumors are true and we see a revamped offense , ball control will be awesome to watch. Go Dogs!!  Oh yea Smitty same DC will lead this team to an outstanding Defensive Yr.

Like I said: not real confident your arguments.  If the DC is as good as you say, then naturally you would want him as the HC.  Why not?  Maybe because the confident level is not as high as some would have you think?!
Maybe, just maybe, if this would happen then ol' Smitty might be proven right!!  But it's not gonna happen because ol' Smitty IS right!!    ;)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="986287" timestamp="1300725890"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=81714.msg986172#msg986172 date=1300703747]
Silence is usually a realization that your beliefs were not as strong as you thought.  Especially when challenged to be tested!     ;)
[/quote]

Nope, my beliefs are as strong as ever.  My realization is that you have an infatuation.  Not one time have I said the DC should be the head coach, matter of fact I never saw anyone post that.  You bringing it up demonstrates you are not objective on that matter, thus the silence.  If we were discussing how great Nederland's defense was going to be this year, and it would all be because of how great a coach our DC was, then I'd understand where you're coming from.  It's tough to overcome an infatuation, as I said, I feel for you.
[/quote]

Wow, Smitty, it's March and you are already in mid-season form!  The offseason has been good to you.

Your argument is ridiculous.  You seem to be saying that since Nederland hasn't won a State Championship that the DC is a failure.  By that measure, 95+% of all coordinators and head coaches in the State are failures.  With so many failures, who is there left to hire in Smittyville?

[quote name="phunter308" post="986592" timestamp="1300766293"]
Nederlands DEFENSE other wise known as DIDBA will be fun to watch, I saw the 3 stating linemen dominate the combine in Beaumont and a DB win best DB at combine. They were Corbin Carr jr,Koby Curon soph, Brock Pryor soph, and Zach Taylor soph Best Db. Add the likes of all district Jordan Wood soph with Corbin Stamply soph, Tre Broussard jr, Luke Delord jr ,K Hop jr,. That is a pretty good returning group. Fill in 2 spots with a couple outstanding prospects. Wow! If rumors are true and we see a revamped offense , ball control will be awesome to watch. Go Dogs!!  Oh yea Smitty same DC will lead this team to an outstanding Defensive Yr.
[/quote]

I thought that D was pretty good last year in our scrimmage... If next year's offense can move the chains, that should help them a lot.

I never said that.  What I said was, according to some here if the DC was the HC, then a State Championship would be in the future.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="987674" timestamp="1300976954"]
Wow, Smitty, it's March and you are already in mid-season form!  The offseason has been good to you.

Your argument is ridiculous.  You seem to be saying that since Nederland hasn't won a State Championship that the DC is a failure.  By that measure, 95+% of all coordinators and head coaches in the State are failures.  With so many failures, who is there left to hire in Smittyville?
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami