Opinions on the 2010/2011 Season.

As we put the wraps on another high school basketball season lets hear some opinions on the season that just concluded.What do ya'll think about the state of the game.Officiating,clubs who were up and coming and some that may have took a step back.Anything that can get us ready for next year in what I consider the greatest sport played-[b]HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL[/b]

Great Season for the Nederland Bulldogs to complete an undefeated district season for the first time (or if it happened earlier in the history, it was a LONG time ago ;D)! And way to make a strong playoff push! Represented the hometown fans and all of SETX proud! A few things for next year in 20-4A, a very competitive race for district champs between Ozen, Central, and Nederland, AND of course, A battle for the the fourth spot.. All teams with youth and a few seniors that promise to make this district a fun one to watch

Teams:
Silsbee: I think it was a tough year for Coach T and wish him nothing but the best.
Burkeville, Goodrich, Leggett, & Spurger: What a fight to the finish; you all made it interesting.
HJ: They continue to suprise.
Evadale: Great run!
Nederland: Solid season
Jasper: 23 wins; not bad for a football school.
Kirbyville: I hurt for those kids; it was a looooong season.
Vidor:Strong start; horrendous finish.
PNG: Congrats on making the playoffs; it has been a while.
WOS: Young coach doing a good job; future should be bright.

Officials:
Its time for a greater accountability system; too many jobs are at stake for officials not to be held to a higher standard.

Sports Programs in general:

Its time for public school in Texas to hire Athletic Directors who oversee the entire program,  not just one sport; kids deserve it.

No surprise for me to see the Nederland Bulldogs playing so well,when you watch the Coach English clubs they are always as well prepared as anyone.The Hawks of HJ just continue to play fundamental basketball.You look at their lineups before the season and say hey it's a down year coming but you make your reservations to Huntsville because you know they got a shot and then you look up and they have won 30.Coach Williams at Evadale and Coach West at Anahuac both did terrific jobs with their rosters this year.

The officials need to settle their differences and put this chapter back together again.They need to have a group of mentors to train the young guys and gals and have them earn their stripes calling sub varsity and jr high games.And last but not least the seasoned officials need to be encouraged to get in shape to stay in position on the floor to make the calls.

And one final observation, I hope Travis Williams gets his health lined out and can return to the bench where he adds so much to the rivalry games we've come to enjoy so much.Good luck Coach T.

Was a very good year for several setx teams like "shooter" said Burkeville, Spurger, Leggett, & Goodrich made it a very interesting a fun to watch/play district race, each tied at 9-3 at end of district and it took a tournament to decide the three teams to reach playoffs.
Silsbee even tho under-achieved in the playoffs had a great year along with HJ and the other local Beaumont schools.
OFFICIATING DOES need an accountability system before something chaotic happens. The Players shood decide the games NOT the officials.
Hopefully the UIL gets it settled a lil better than it is now. Congrats to Evadale on making it to state, even tho u lossed, many players never get that shot.
PROUD TO BE A MUSTANG!
Good season SETX basketball!

I know it's a topic every year on the message boards but the all district selections have gotten completely out of hand.These awards at one time were for kids who excelled at their sport.We have gotten to the point now where over half the district makes all district which kinda dilutes what the kids that deserved the awards have accomplished.I'm all for letting the kids that play enough quarters earn a lettermans jacket but not everyone that laces up the sneakers is an all district player.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder