Why did West Orange back out on Dayton?

[quote name="morethanyouknow" post="978639" timestamp="1299425448"]
I heard that West Orange pulled out of the scrimmage with Dayton.  They blamed it on travel but the sad part is Dayton was supposed to go to West Orange this year.  Sorry.  ???
[/quote]

...and welcome to SETXsports.  Nothing personal here, but with all of the Dayton posters that we have that are in the know, the fact that this information comes from a first time poster leaves me a little skeptical of the veracity of your report.

That being said, Dan Hooks has been pretty darned successful in preparing his charges for the football season so I am sure he has some very valid reasons for doing so if that is the case.  That being said, having Dayton as a scrimmage partner did seem help in that preparation and I would be kinda sad to see that end.  But when I have about 270 more high school victories as a head coach, I'll be in a little better position to question him.

Guest jhamilton
It may have someting to do wit travel with all the cuts coming. No telling what the skewl sports are going to look like next year.

[quote name="beechnut" post="978666" timestamp="1299431421"]
It may have someting to do wit travel with all the cuts coming. No telling what the skewl sports are going to look like next year.
[/quote]
TRUE DAT................. Did hear that HUM / KP might fill the spot.

[quote name="beechnut" post="978666" timestamp="1299431421"]
[/quote]

Has nothing to do with travel.  Dayton was supposed to go to West Orange next year.  That is what makes it such a mystery.  There was no reason for West Orange to cancel the scrimmage. 

Dayton will be scrimmaging Spring from what I hear.

[quote name="morethanyouknow" post="978679" timestamp="1299432293"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=81326.msg978666#msg978666 date=1299431421]
[/quote]

Has nothing to do with travel.  Dayton was supposed to go to West Orange next year.  That is what makes it such a mystery.  There was no reason for West Orange to cancel the scrimmage. 

Dayton will be scrimmaging Spring from what I hear.
[/quote]

Were did the "From what I hear" come form?

[quote name="morethanyouknow" post="978726" timestamp="1299442749"]
it was what I was told so, hence the "what I hear".  Sorry if I congused you...

Would never suggest that Coach Hooks would be scared of Dayton, just asking the question.  Man you people really are sensitive. 
[/quote]

Hold on.  You, a person whose only 4 posts ever on this message board, which is loaded with longtime Dayton and West Orange-Stark posters who I know are close to their respective program, come up here claiming that Dayton and West Orange-Stark are no longer scrimmage partners and claim that you know the reason why WO-S dropped the scrimmage.  The only fact that you have stated that has been corraborated (sp) is that they the two schools apparently will not scrimmage next year.

And when because of all of the above, others look at skepticism on your claim, you bristle and claim that OTHERS are too sensitive?  HELLO POT, THIS IS THE KETTLE CALLING!!!!

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="978754" timestamp="1299450563"]
I just called him. WO-S will scrimmage LC-M  (Rivalry) instead of Dayton. Coaches wanted these teams to play again even if it was just a scrimmage. Dayton coach didn't mind at all since it was their turn to drive to Orange.
[/quote]

Good work coop

[quote name="morethanyouknow" post="978639" timestamp="1299425448"]
I heard that West Orange pulled out of the scrimmage with Dayton.  They blamed it on travel but the sad part is Dayton was supposed to go to West Orange this year.  Sorry.  ???
[/quote]

[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=81326.msg978754#msg978754 date=1299450563]
I just called him. WO-S will scrimmage LC-M  (Rivalry) instead of Dayton. Coaches wanted these teams to play again even if it was just a scrimmage. Dayton coach didn't mind at all since it was their turn to drive to Orange.
[/quote]

[quote author=morethanyouknow link=topic=81326.msg978772#msg978772 date=1299454834]
Very good.  What I " heard" was correct.  Thanks Coop.
[/quote]

Really???

Actually it is not more than I know.  I knew that was the excuse given, but I also know that he backed out on a commitment that he had made with Dayton.  If they wanted so much to renew this rivalry then they should have waited one more year and put it on the schedule for a regular season game so they can charge and have a big gate. 

Jack - I do live around Dayton but have ties to many programs in the area due to job.  Thanks for asking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124