Mexia vs Athens---MEXIA WINS 60-59!!!

Guest jettyman

Bitter sweet for me as a Hawk fan..................obviously wanted Mexia to win since they beat the Hawks, but no I know that if the Hawks would have won last night that they would have had a great chance to get to state for the 3rd time in 5 years!!!!!

Congrats Mexia!!!! :-\ :-\

[quote name="bmrm" post="978527" timestamp="1299382010"]
No offense to either Mexia or Athens, but did anybody really have these two teams meeting up in the Region III final? 
[/quote]
No way, I would never have imagined before the playoffs that my Tigers wouldn't have made it, or HJ or Cleveland.

No, but they were the two best teams there over the last two days and if Mexia can get Weathers back then I expect them to have a great chance to win it all.  Think about it they won without Weathers today!!!!  That says alot about their team!!!

[quote name="ST413" post="978545" timestamp="1299385312"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=81307.msg978527#msg978527 date=1299382010]
No offense to either Mexia or Athens, but did anybody really have these two teams meeting up in the Region III final? 
[/quote]
No way, I would never have imagined before the playoffs that my Tigers wouldn't have made it, or HJ or Cleveland.
[/quote]
Two stories have been coming out of Cleveland the last few days.  One story effects the other.  Story one is the state ranked b-ball team in the playoffs (at one time).  The 2nd story is that 2 members of that team were arrested in regards to a certain assault case that first occurred around thanksgiving. 
Had that not happened Cleveland prolly would of taken region 3. 

Guest speechless
no one should ever be surprised if Mexia makes it out of region 3

if you are then you havent paid attention to 3a basketball for very long

the only reason anyone is surprised about athens is because this is their first year in 3a

so no one has ever dealt with them before

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="speechless" post="978616" timestamp="1299417576"]

the only reason anyone is surprised about athens is because this is their first year in 3a

[/quote]

Why don't you put some facts behide this hot air.  How many times has Mexia advanced to the 3A state finals in basketball?  When was the last time that the Black Cats advanced as a 3A team to the state finals in basketball?  Be careful - I already know the answer.

Guest speechless
So state finals is your only qualification for basketball success?  By your own standards then, Silsbee is not very successful in basketball.

However, since you were looking for facts to back up my "hot air" here are Mexia results from the UIL archives:

10-11:  State Tournament
09-10: Regional Quarters
08-09:  Bi District
07-08:  No playoffs
06-07:  Area
05-06:  Bi-District
04-05:  Regional Semis
03-04:  Regional Semis
02-03:  Regional Quarters
01-02:  No playoff bracket available but, if I am not mistaken it was the regional tournament
00-01:  State Champions
99-00:  No playoff bracket but, pretty sure it was regional tourney also
98-99:  State Champions

Anyone that knows Mexia knows they have a very long standing tradition in basketball with a little dribblers program that dates back as far as most in the state.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="speechless" post="978616" timestamp="1299417576"]

[/quote]

Athens has been in 3A for a few yrs now, they just have not been very good in the past.

[quote name="whsalum" post="978850" timestamp="1299468461"]
This was the first time I 've seen Mexia this year and they shot the ball as well as anyone I've seen this year.#23 was unbelievable until he turned his ankle.
[/quote]Yeah, but it was the clutch 3's by numbers 3&4 who nailed the lid on the HJ coffin.  My heart sank when those shots went in at the end.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="978619" timestamp="1299419092"]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=81307.msg978616#msg978616 date=1299417576]

[/quote]

Why don't you put some facts behide this hot air.  How many times has Mexia advanced to the 3A state finals in basketball?  When was the last time that the Black Cats advanced as a 3A team to the state finals in basketball?  Be careful - I already know the answer.
[/quote]

If you already knew the answer then you should know how good of a program they have.  3 state tournaments in the last 13 years and 2 state championships.  That is better record than HJ or Silsbee so watch out before you make any statements about Mexia.  Hot air  ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="sleepy" post="980105" timestamp="1299693808"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=81307.msg978619#msg978619 date=1299419092]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=81307.msg978616#msg978616 date=1299417576]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you already knew the answer then you should know how good of a program they have.  3 state tournaments in the last 13 years and 2 state championships.  That is better record than HJ or Silsbee so watch out before you make any statements about Mexia.  Hot air  ;D
[/quote]

I was bluffin'. :-[  And besides that, whay does he need your help in presenting his position?  He did it quite well. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124