jason castro torn acl too!!

[quote name="OldSkool97" post="978599" timestamp="1299397756"]
Isnt Towles from Crosby?
[/quote]  Yes, I think so.  May miss Castro, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire at the plate last year.  Am sort of anxious to see what Quintero can do if given the starting position.  Still think Q is one of the top defensive catchers in the NL, and I think he will probably not hit well but may do as well as Castro would have done.  If Towles is healthy, would he be a passable backup?

[quote name="Spanky" post="978600" timestamp="1299400283"]
[quote author=OldSkool97 link=topic=81240.msg978599#msg978599 date=1299397756]
Isnt Towles from Crosby?
[/quote]  Yes, I think so.  May miss Castro, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire at the plate last year.  Am sort of anxious to see what Quintero can do if given the starting position.  Still think Q is one of the top defensive catchers in the NL, and I think he will probably not hit well but may do as well as Castro would have done.  If Towles is healthy, would he be a passable backup?
[/quote]
He may have not set the world on fire but what astros catcher the past decade has? He's already a really good defensive catcher and the hitting will come once he gets settled down with all the duties of being a major league catcher. He's the best looking prospect we've had in a while and to judge him on not even half a season in the bigs is not fair. Lets see how he does with the starting gig for a full season then we can make our judgements on him. But now we have to wait one more year  :'( :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder