Bluedove- regarding your "veiled" love for HJ

stevenash

[quote name="stevenash" post="970106" timestamp="1298407710"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=80668.msg970086#msg970086 date=1298403343]
:D :D Save me a seat too
[/quote]

Can't believe you would want to attend a game where someone mops the floor with HJ
[/quote]

That wont happen until HJ plays Cleveland :D

[quote name="Pumper" post="970641" timestamp="1298433867"]
Wanna bet?  May lose to Silsbee, but not Cleveland
[/quote]Moping the floor is a funny term Nash loves to use so he can live in the past ;) But as far as betting, I like to stay with betting on the horses.. Not basketball.. Cleveland over HJ, if that match-up even happens

[quote name="dogs1218" post="970647" timestamp="1298434171"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=80668.msg970641#msg970641 date=1298433867]
[/quote]Moping the floor is a funny term Nash loves to use so he can live in the past ;) But as far as betting, I like to stay with betting on the horses.. Not basketball.. Cleveland over HJ, if that match-up even happens
[/quote]

If you are so "in to betting" go ahead and draw the line on HJ-Cleveland(subject to it happening, of course) and I will make my pick for whatever amount you deem acceptable.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="970647" timestamp="1298434171"]
[/quote]

Dogs- Go ahead and tell the real reason I use "mopping the floor".  Who was the author of that term on this board in recent times?

[quote name="stevenash" post="970900" timestamp="1298480294"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=80668.msg970647#msg970647 date=1298434171]
[/quote]

Dogs- Go ahead and tell the real reason I use "[b]mopping the floor[/b]".  Who was the author of that term on this board in recent times?
[/quote]

Simuliar to that "take it to the bank" remark. ;) ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="970864" timestamp="1298477297"]
[/quote]

If you are so "in to betting" go ahead and draw the line on HJ-Cleveland(subject to it happening, of course) and I will make my pick for whatever amount you deem acceptable.
[/quote]

Horses only ;)
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80668.msg970900#msg970900 date=1298480294]
[/quote]

Dogs- Go ahead and tell the real reason I use "mopping the floor".  Who was the author of that term on this board in recent times?
[/quote]

As for the that remark, I said that for Silsbee beating HJ. I dint get the 20 point loss like I thought in each game, but the record still says 0-2 for HJ against Silsbee  :D

Dogs1218- Here is a thought for you.  Why dont you and I each put up $100 and pick a team that we think will win the NCAA Championship.  It is very likely that neither of us will be right, but we could declare whichever team got further in the tourney to be the winner and hence, recipient of the $200.

If both teams get eliminated in the same round, then the bet would be a draw.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="970916" timestamp="1298481435"]
[/quote]

Dogs- Go ahead and tell the real reason I use "[b]mopping the floor[/b]".  Who was the author of that term on this board in recent times?
[/quote]

[/quote]

My goodness are you still on that......I will be glad to bet you this time if we meet again, how about a hundred bucks if we meet up....if you remember last time there were comments like "mop the floor" being thrown around, I simply came in in HJ's defense and you tried to get me to bet I said no, and then you said I crawfished....You want to bet I will bet...If we meet up in huntsville again I will be glad to bet you, If you dont like the amount then name it......

[quote name="stevenash" post="970984" timestamp="1298487814"]
Dogs1218- Here is a thought for you.  Why dont you and I each put up $100 and pick a team that we think will win the NCAA Championship.  It is very likely that neither of us will be right, but we could declare whichever team got further in the tourney to be the winner and hence, recipient of the $200.

If both teams get eliminated in the same round, then the bet would be a draw.
[/quote]

Come on Nash! I told you I only bet on the horses :D How bout we pick the Kentucky Derby?

As far as the tourney, I just love watching basketball, and dont really care who wins or loses.. unless its Texas  ;)

Nash, you arent going to convince me otherwise about HJ. Silsbee has beaten them twice, which is already "against" the historic proof that the two teams "always" split games in district.. Now how about Cleveland vs. HJ? You still say history will repeat itself and HJ wins again?

I know you are loyal to the HJ program, but you have to look past your personal connection or feeling when judging a team. HJ obviously isnt better than Silsbee, yet you and other HJ faithful kept saying otherwise. You think HJ is going win? Or are you hoping they win?

To answer a question or statement you will probably make in response to this, Yes, I do pull for Nederland in every game, but I dont think they are going to win every match-up. I dont think Nederland can make it past Yates, or even a team like LaMarque or G-Ball, or even those Dallas teams from the other region. I can come out and say we arent better than them on a regular basis, but all that I hope for is that Nederland is better than the other team on that specific night ;)

You NEVER, EVER heard me claim that HJ was better than Silsbee.  I did say that in the past, HJ has been an underdog to both Cleveland and Silsbee and managed to win some of the games in which they weren't favored.  The record shows that Silsbee is clearly the superior team this year but HJ has also beaten Silsbee when they were clearly the superior team.  I thought we had no chance against Cleveland last year but, in my opinion, HJ simply outcoached Cleveland.   You are not old enough  or experienced enough to lecture/instruct me on how to look past personal connections when judging a team.  What troubles you most is the loyalty that I and many other HJ fans have for that school.  There is nothing wrong with that.  You oppose the mention of history because the school you love/support doesnt have much in the way of basketball but they are in the process of doing so now.   Nobody believes that HJ is going to win every game, but if you dont approach it with that attitude, your chances are lessened.  I have been around the roads you are currently traveling about 10 times and fully understand the ramifications that go with making predictions, being loyal, etc. etc. and am pretty resistant to "taking advice on how to conduct/articulate myself from others".  You will just have to live with that.
Lets just leave it at " you make your statements and express your feelings" and I will do the same with mine.  The only problem with doing that is when one or the other believes his thoughts are somehow more relevant/enlightened than the others.  By the way, lets compromise on the Kentucky Derby NCAA bet.  Lets both pick a horse and both pick a team.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="971046" timestamp="1298492471"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80668.msg971041#msg971041 date=1298492372]
Poppa- looks to me like your betting offer has been turned down.  Perhaps Badsanta is a prospect?
[/quote]

No. I'll take the bet. But instead of $100, we should make it $1000.
[/quote]

We are not talking about some kind of clash for clunkers deal right or you tell me as soon as badsanta pay's you that u will pay me right?......

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="971108" timestamp="1298499557"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=80668.msg971046#msg971046 date=1298492471]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=80668.msg971041#msg971041 date=1298492372]
Poppa- looks to me like your betting offer has been turned down.  Perhaps Badsanta is a prospect?
[/quote]

No. I'll take the bet. But instead of $100, we should make it $1000.
[/quote]

We are not talking about some kind of clash for clunkers deal right or you tell me as soon as badsanta pay's you that u will pay me right?......
[/quote]

Nope. I got 10 $100 dollar bills in my pocket ready to wager. I always keep a gambling roll in my pocket.

Is it a bet?

[quote name="stevenash" post="971099" timestamp="1298498971"]
You NEVER, EVER heard me claim that HJ was better than Silsbee.  I did say that in the past, HJ has been an underdog to both Cleveland and Silsbee and managed to win some of the games in which they weren't favored.  The record shows that Silsbee is clearly the superior team this year but HJ has also beaten Silsbee when they were clearly the superior team.  I thought we had no chance against Cleveland last year but, in my opinion, HJ simply outcoached Cleveland.  You are not old enough  or experienced enough to lecture/instruct me on how to look past personal connections when judging a team.  What troubles you most is the loyalty that I and many other HJ fans have for that school.  There is nothing wrong with that.  You oppose the mention of history because the school you love/support doesnt have much in the way of basketball but they are in the process of doing so now.  Nobody believes that HJ is going to win every game, but if you dont approach it with that attitude, your chances are lessened.  I have been around the roads you are currently traveling about 10 times and fully understand the ramifications that go with making predictions, being loyal, etc. etc. and am pretty resistant to "taking advice on how to conduct/articulate myself from others".  You will just have to live with that.
Lets just leave it at " you make your statements and express your feelings" and I will do the same with mine.  The only problem with doing that is when one or the other believes his thoughts are somehow more relevant/enlightened than the others.  By the way, lets compromise on the Kentucky Derby NCAA bet.  Lets both pick a horse and both pick a team.
[/quote]

Take it easy :D Boy, people feel personally attacked on this board WAY too quickly.. Considering Im a poor college student getting his money sucked away from a university, Im not betting any money  :D :D But I would love to pick horses and college teams. We can pick both pick a team and give a brief statement on why. Then pick some horses. Just to have some FUN

Ok, so what do you say about NCAA? My pick is Texas, but its so close between the top 5 teams: Duke, Texas, Kansas, Pitt, Ohio St. I could see any of them but I think Texas plays great defense, which will help them take home the trophey.

I dont know how good you are with the horses, so I will wait for that :D ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="970916" timestamp="1298481435"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry AAW I have to call foul on the word "Simuliar".  Please tell me it was a typo - I have people in my office who use the term "simular" which isn't right but never "simuliar". 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124