LU vs. SFA Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Sitting at 6-6, Lamar is going to need to win 2 of the next 4 games in order to really have a shot at the tournament. Every year, all the .500 teams get into the tournament, and usually 1 sub-.500 team gets in.

The problem with that? Lamar faces the 4 HARDEST teams to beat in the conference right now,

@SFA
vs. SHSU
vs. Texas State
@ McNeese

Combined record of the next 4 opponents: 30-18 in the SLC. McNeese is undefeated at home so far SLC play. TSU, SHSU, & SFA are 1, 2, & 3 in the West. SFA is 4-2 at home as well.

It'll be tough, but if Lamar can get 2 wins, they should be in the tournament, if they only get 1, they'll need some help.

I think you can beat TSU, who's only 2-4 on the road, and BMT is a tough place to play. SHSU is the other possibility, because we're only 3-3 on the road. However, Lamar has always had some trouble beating Sam, even at home.

[quote name="coachacola" post="969368" timestamp="1298253640"]
Here's what Pomeroy is predicting for the last four games:

70-62 loss to SFA
81-79 win over SHSU
87-82 win over Texas State
79-74 loss to McNeese State
[/quote]

Looks like I  can predict as good as Pomeroy.  ;D ;D

I did say you could beat TSU, and the SHSU would be the next most likely, and KenPom gives you guys a 2 point advantage.

Out of the 4 teams tied for 7th place right now, you guys have the hardest 4 games coming up.

I predict a route by SFA.

SFA allways plays the best defense in the conference. They will shut us down and we will struggle with their bigs Scott and Glenn. We have gotten much better at defending the three especially with Minor getting alot of PT. Problem is SFA shoots the least amount of threes in the conference by far. They score inside and do it well which has been a problem for us in the past. Could be the same problem we have when we face SHSU also with Clavelle. However I can see us defeating TS due to our improved perimiter defense, which could make for a do or die re-match with MSU in LC!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83