How Much Is To Much To Win By?

KFDM COOP

Good article....In basketball there are some things you can do to curb the score.....play your subs,dont press,work on the stall untill a high percentage shot comes availible but still play aggressive...and let the chips fall. If you win by a hundred so be it.....If a team is that bad they just need to get better.............If your still pressing in the fourth with your starters,thats another story.....

Dont kid yourself!!! In east texas there is no such thing as mercy. Every school you can think can and will run it up if they can.. I dont really see what the big deal is ( except the part about beating special ed kids). Uil bases alignment on enrollment.. If you Cant compete dont play.. there are many schools that dont play football.. Maybe a few dont need BB.

[quote name="no-look" post="967372" timestamp="1297898301"]
Good article....In basketball there are some things you can do to curb the score.....play your subs,dont press,work on the stall untill a high percentage shot comes availible but still play aggressive...and let the chips fall. If you win by a hundred so be it.....If a team is that bad they just need to get better.............If your still pressing in the fourth with your starters,thats another story.....
[/quote]
Agree

the mercy rule sort of reminds me of the madden 21pt rule......i often watch my sons and their friends play the play station. Its a common goal to see how fast they can beat each other and move on to the next game. usually when this happens the child that lost is upset because he lost and on top of that rules say he couldnt have a chance to come back. I agree a victory of a large margin is imbarrasing. but IMO a mercy rule that calls a game is worse.....Its the nature of the beast if u dont want to get beat dedicate yourself and work hard to get better.

[quote name="tvc184" post="967912" timestamp="1297981551"]
I don't see a lot of complaining about the 10 run rule in high school baseball.
[/quote]

i dont think it should be apart of any sports......just my personal opinion its other things that can be done to keep the game from getting out of control instead of calling the game.

exactly, you dont want to put a mercy rule into basketball.  If it isnt broke it dosent need fixing.  That is apart of the game I dont see as broke.  Yes, there are things that need to be changed, some things need to be undone, but adding a mercy rule you cant do in basketball.  Coaches can control the schedule and the way a game is played and 99 percent of the time the score of the game being too large is not an issue.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124