Barbers Hill vs. Vidor Game Thread/Barbers Hill advances!!!

WOSgrad

Final from Winnie, Barbers Hill Lady Eagles defeat the Vidor Lady Pirates, 61-46.

Congratulations to the Lady Eagles on advancing to the area round, where they will face the winner of the Humble/Brenham game!

Congratulations to the Lady Pirates on a great season!

Well, kinda what I feared.  When you go into a playoff game expecting to win by 30, you usually don't...lol

I'll give Vidor credit, they played hard.  3 is a player, but needs to control that emotion.  Shaw on the bench big chunks of game in foul trouble didn't help.  Congrats to Vidor on a good season, they are young and will be tough and improved next year.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="HillGuy" post="966193" timestamp="1297741717"]
Congrats to Vidor on a good season, they are young and will be tough and improved next year.
[/quote]

Vidor only had 1 Sr., and 3 Jrs. (I think). They are going to be real tough next year or two. #3 is a Freshman!  :o

Guest ECBucFan
From Beaumont Enterprise:

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Three-point-shooting-helps-get-Vidor-girls-in-1009771.php

Good luck to the Hill, hope y'all make a deep run.  8)

Congrats to Vidor on a hard fought game and a good season.  They are very young and will most likely be strong the next few of years. 
Vidor shot a very low 3-point percentage or this game could have been much closer. 

I haven't had the chance to see BH play much this year, but I left with the feeling that they are much more talented than they played last night.  I saw BH as a complete team with good guards AND post players, (from the bench as well) who played right into Vidor's hands.  This game became a perimeter jump shooting contest for the most part.  I know a win is a win, but I think this could have been a blowout if BH would have played to Vidor's weaknesses. 

Congrats and Good Luck to BH!     

HillGuy....3 might need to control her emotion a little I agree but most of it is just passion to win the game...she is also a freshman so that is something to be expected and will get better...and those "40 footers" are not a joke from her she didn't have a great shooting game but a shooter doesnt stop shooting no matter the circumstances.

I remarked to a friend at the game that I loved her fire and intensity she just needs to learn to channel it. On the 3's not sure why she is shooting them 8 ft outside the arc. No need. Better to create your shot at the arc. Its much higher %. Going to enjoy watching her the next few yrs!  Who does she play summer ball with?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hexcastings
    Newest Member
    hexcastings