Orangefield vs Starks

Wyatt didn't play at all in the 2nd half, complained of dizziness at halftime from what I'm hearing. No shame in this loss, girls played ok Starks is for real. I know their a 1A school in Louisiana but they can flat out shoot the rock. Made it to the final four last year and is currently ranked 2nd in the state!!! Good tuneup for the Lady Cats!!!

Very good game.  Starks is a very small 1A school, but has some outstanding athletes in that small mix.  They move the ball well, spread the floor, and hit the 3 if you don't get out.  Their post is the coaches daughter and roamed the middle well taking the ball to the bucket when the opportunity presented itself and even took it coast to coast a couple of times.  Baleigh Bussell (one of my favorite people in the world...and McNeese State signee in softball) played the point position well and didn't seem at all rattled with any pressure OF threw at them.  This may be the first game of the year where the OF guards actually were considerably taller than their opponent.  Starks got contributions from the whole team for this win, but in the second half OF failed to get out to #22 for Starks (sorry, no name) and were burned by mulitple open 3's.

Two things that I think help Starks get to the level they're at.
  1.  They have no junior high, so girls as young as 6th grade are on the varsity.  Even though I don't think any that young played in this game, they still are subjected to the speed and higher level of play at an early age even if it's just in practice.
  2.  No volleyball in Starks.  Basketball practice and the season start WAY earlier in LA and lasts longer.  More games = more experienced players.

Good game and good luck to both teams as they head into the playoffs!   

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Bobkat" post="965151" timestamp="1297491830"]
Wyatt didn't play at all in the 2nd half, complained of dizziness at halftime from what I'm hearing. No shame in this loss, girls played ok Starks is for real. I know their a 1A school in Louisiana but they can flat out shoot the rock. Made it to the final four last year and is currently ranked 2nd in the state!!! Good tuneup for the Lady Cats!!!
[/quote]

This is what "Stay playing" games are for.  Don't hook up with a patsy that you can beat by 40 points - what's to learn from that?

[quote name="Dr.Baden" post="965364" timestamp="1297549351"]
Evadale has played Starks for years. There is no shame in losing to them. They have a great program and are very good. They can play with any 1A to 3A in our area. The Bussell kid is a smaller version of Plumley at Lamar. She is very good athlete.; and softball, forget about it. ;D
[/quote]

Baleigh Bussell, the point guard for Starks, has signed a full ride deal with McNeese State to play softball.  Don't be surprised if you see Baleigh take over the shortstop duties at McNeese her freshman year.  Baleigh is a great athlete, but an even more impressive young lady.  It's always nice to see good things happen for good people.  This kid will be successful in anything she chooses to do in sports and in life.

I KNOW STARKS IS GOOD. They have been for years, I mean "come on" they play basketball year round. Never mean't any disrepect towards them. Just thought is was a game Orangefield should have won. Not blow them out or anything just should have won the game.Orangefield has more depht and talent. My problem is with orangefield, the focus does not seem to be there day in and day out. Not suprised they lost to Starks. Never know what team is going to show up from game to game.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="965680" timestamp="1297639423"]
I KNOW STARKS IS GOOD. They have been for years, I mean "come on" they play basketball year round. Never mean't any disrepect towards them. Just thought is was a game Orangefield should have won. Not blow them out or anything just should have won the game.Orangefield has more depht and talent. My problem is with orangefield, the focus does not seem to be there day in and day out. Not suprised they lost to Starks. Never know what team is going to show up from game to game. This game just proved that the Starks kids work harder on the little things more than the Orangefield kids do. Plain and simple!!!!!!
[/quote]

HOW ABOUT MAKING AN ADJUSTMENT,  Thats all I am saying. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83