Lost Lake or Lake Charlotte

Go-rilla

I've carefully fished in a sm.outboard boat both shallow lakes(watch tide) and caught crappie,catfish,bass,goo,flounder & reds in the same trip.I've never had the nads to Kayak those gator/moccasin/skeeter infested waters.Go up river from I-10 to the 1st big cut in the river on the right side-called the sulphur cut(you can get a big bass boat up in there).Some deeper water there and pretty good fishin spot.Check out the underwater point off the river on the way in to the mouth on the north side of the cut.If your fishfinder shows symbols there you can mop up some nice crappie there w/minnows.Ps there's gators longer than the biggest Yak you ever seen.The deeper you go the more gators ya see.Last trip my wife went up there w/me and i headed the boat to the bank for her to p and she p'd her pants & she never asked to go again.

Trinity river @I-10-Lost Lake,Lake Charotte north up the river a small channel on the east bank leads in to it.Just a little way up the creek there's a large steel pipe  24"cut off at the edge of the ea.channel w/a sm.amount of water dripping out prolly condensation,keep traveling east into the mouth of lake Charolette.Up river there's a channel to the left called Pickett's Bayou that leads in to the Champion lake area.Further up river the biggest channel leads in to the Sulphur Cut.Up the cut you'll find another creek channel on the north side that leads into another big shallow lake(could be lake miller but not sure) .In the far reaches of the sulphur cut(old sulphur plant docks closed for years)you'll see many pilings and old docks.Note down river I-10 you can get to Long Island Bayou and the saltwater barrier.This time of year the catfish stage here and all in the marsh.I like to launch @ Ft.Anahuac Park boat ramp and go up river.Just a little ways up river there's a cut off the east bank up into the Lake Anahuac discharge canal.When releasing water from the lake thru the lg.pipes the fishing is fantastic and some deep water near the pilings.Caught blue cats to 21#s there using slip cork w/fresh shad.No boat-no problem go downtown to the right by the canal and down the hill,park and fish.Crappie good on minnows too.Fish there alot but lot of tree snags down deep and you will lose some tackle on bottom.Good fishin ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86