Who wins in a Silsbee/Nederland matchup?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee and Nederland would be a fantastic game. They could have played in the Bulldog Classic but Nederland lost. Of course I would pick Silsbee to win. Nederlad has size and talent, but Silsbees talent goes 11-12 deep. Silsbee would wear them out with fresh bodies. Silsbee 65-61

[quote name="SHS_Mayor" post="961783" timestamp="1296963960"]
Silsbee Duh Best in the Area
[/quote]

If you think Silsbee is a lock for this game, then you need to get out to a Nederland game soon, then make a prediction.. I saw Silsbee against G-ball earlier and I will tell you Silsbee is for real, but so is Nederland

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="961803" timestamp="1296965330"]
DC Stallworth would crush K Smith of Nederland.
[/quote]

I beg to differ BADSANTA. Silsbee 11-12 deep, really? That many play every game? Nederland plays 11 EVERY game. Kelvin Smith is named 'the smooth operator' for a reason. Ain't no crushin' gonna happen IF they face off.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="961810" timestamp="1296965769"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79873.msg961803#msg961803 date=1296965330]
[/quote]

I beg to differ BADSANTA. Silsbee 11-12 deep, really? That many play every game? Nederland plays 11 EVERY game. Kelvin Smith is named 'the smooth operator' for a reason. Ain't no crushin' gonna happen IF they face off.
[/quote]
I have been to the overwhelming majority of the Tigers games and yes that many play and usually perform in one way out another every game.m mI

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="961810" timestamp="1296965769"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79873.msg961803#msg961803 date=1296965330]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Silsbee plays all 12 players, every game. In the Galveston Ball game, Silsbee had played all 12 players by the end of the 1st quarter an continued to sub in that manner the entire game.

Ok, so we're back to square one. That's a moot point since Both teams use their entire bench who all contribute. So what other advantage does one team have over the other? I think Nederland is a bit bigger than Silsbee, and Silsbee is a bit quicker than Nederland.
I say if they play 10 times, it's a 5-5 draw.

I think a big part of this game would come down to Foul Trouble with DC.. You have to play tough against Forney and he can draw fouls in the post, and K-Smith is about as unguardable as you get for this area.. What is Silsbee's option if DC has to sit for foul trouble? Press and try for turnovers and not let Nederland play half court basketball and feed it to the bigs? This would be a good game.. another great player match-up would be Cunningham/Lane.. They should set this game up and SETX can do a live broadcast ;) Be much appreciated

Too bad this can't be a playoff preview game. Tigers would roll them if they put them in a running match. Silsbee isn't a good half court team but if they force turnovers, they will run you out the gym. DC could also pull Forney outside a bit as well. Forney couldn't hold DC one on one and if he did get in foul trouble, Silsbee has enough players to keep them in the game and close. This is Nederlands 2nd season to play big basketball. It is routine for Silsbee.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="961842" timestamp="1296967940"]
Too bad this can't be a playoff preview game. Tigers would roll them if they put them in a running match. Silsbee isn't a good half court team but if they force turnovers, they will run you out the gym. DC could also pull Forney outside a bit as well. Forney couldn't hold DC one on one and if he did get in foul trouble, Silsbee has enough players to keep them in the game and close. This is Nederlands 2nd season to play big basketball. It is routine for Silsbee.
[/quote]

Fourney wouldn't play DC. He's not quick enough. Nederland would match up Smith against DC and give him all he could handle-IF they played man. They prob play zone against them b/c of the speed of Silsbee.

all Silsbee fans will say Silsbee.......all Nederland fans will say Nederland!!!!!!!  Need opinions of others not affiliated with either school.

HJ has played Silsbee twice and been in the game both times, HJ played Nederland early in the season and were never really in it............that being said, I think for Silsbee to win it has to be a high scoring game and for Nederland to win it has to be a half court game.

It would be great. I agree with Lazeek. If the refs let both teams play it would be even better. Great shooters. Great bigs. Silsbee the edge in guard play. Ned the edge down low IMO. Add great coaching. It would come down to what team would impose their will on the tempo. It would be close. But of course Ned would win!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami