Spurger vs. Leggett Game Thread/Leggett wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="The Spy" post="961824" timestamp="1296966684"]
If Burkeville beats Goodrich friday, spurgers playoff chances are slim to none and burkeville will most likely go, if Burkeville loses friday then spurger advances to playoffs
[/quote] It up to Burkeville then.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="961404" timestamp="1296929136"]
24-1A-II District game
[/quote]

This was the worst officals I have ever seen!!! One of the refs was hugging the players from Leggett, he stayed over at their bench laughing and joking with the players and their fans. This guy must have been one of those guys refered to as a ref that went to one meeting and just keeps his dues up. If there is a place where you can report bad refs I would love to know it cause this guy was BAD!!!!

[quote name="6thman" post="961852" timestamp="1296969103"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=79830.msg961404#msg961404 date=1296929136]
24-1A-II District game
[/quote]

This was the worst officals I have ever seen!!! One of the refs was hugging the players from Leggett, he stayed over at their bench laughing and joking with the players and their fans. This guy must have been one of those guys refered to as a ref that went to one meeting and just keeps his dues up. If there is a place where you can report bad refs I would love to know it cause this guy was BAD!!!!
[/quote]

Agree with you on that one, when H.I. went over there a couple of weeks ago, H.I. girls had the lead with a little over a minuter left.  Then two phantom calls that went against them (coached watched the film and couldn't see them) and they end up losing by two.  Samething in the boys game as well.  Just not sure about those officials over there.

Looks like Burkeville was only team to beat Leggett IN leggett  ;D, but no, the refs in Goodrich gave Burkevilles Big men 3 fouls before they even stepped on the court. It will b a much closer game in BKV. Bkv hung within 2 points the whole game in goodrich until the 4th where goodrich shot many ft's and bkv had BAD foul trouble. Getcha popcorn ready folks

[quote name="CATMAN" post="961864" timestamp="1296969758"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=79830.msg961860#msg961860 date=1296969555]
I can tell some of you had never been to Leggett,it's an experience to say the least.
[/quote] Redhorse has been this way for @ least for 25 years.-Whsalum
[/quote]I know CATMAN that was my point,anyone that hasn"t been over there is in for a rude awakening.

Catman, I agree with you that it would be interesting to see how those folks from Evadale deal with the behavior on display in Redhorse.

I will be looking for the comments about how wonderful it is for the coaches and fan to use vulgar language towards the players & fans, especially when it becomes racial.

Once that tread (Evadale vs Leggett) gets started, I expect to see how others think this will turn out.

[quote name="nuthinbutnet" post="962000" timestamp="1297015894"]
Catman, I agree with you that it would be interesting to see how those folks from Evadale deal with the behavior on display in Redhorse.

I will be looking for the comments about how wonderful it is for the coaches and fan to use vulgar language towards the [b]players & fans, especially when it becomes racial.[/b]

Once that tread (Evadale vs Leggett) gets started, I expect to see how others think this will turn out.
[/quote] What are they going to call a all white team?? And it wont be nothing we havent heard before. And I promise you no one here realy cares what other less intelligent fools have to say. And After Evadale wins this game there will not be anyone running from the gym ;)

[quote name="True Blue" post="962003" timestamp="1297016788"]
[quote author=nuthinbutnet link=topic=79830.msg962000#msg962000 date=1297015894]

I will be looking for the comments about how wonderful it is for the coaches and fan to use vulgar language towards the [b]players & fans, especially when it becomes racial.[/b]

[/quote] What are they going to call a all white team?? And it wont be nothing we havent heard before. And I promise you no one here realy cares what other less intelligent fools have to say. And After Evadale wins this game there will not be anyone running from the gym ;)
[/quote] Right

This is for 6thman.
I went to the UIL Athletics page (http://www.uiltexas.org/athletics/) and there is contact information on the left hand side of that page. I would start there.

I suspect that diving off into that pool will be like most other dealings with schools. Maybe someone else could chime in here, but I have found that anytime you deal with a governmental entity, you will drown in red tape and policy. Your concern will most likely die a slow death.

Good luck.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="962406" timestamp="1297104332"]
Dang...I know this is Spurger/Leggett thread but y'all have my curiosity up.  Like some of y'all are saying, guess we'll find out Tuesday.

So who's in contention from this District?  Spurger, Burkeville and Leggett?
[/quote] And Goodrich.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="962532" timestamp="1297126918"]
Thanks Catman...looks like this district will come down to the last tick of the clock.
[/quote] BIGMO44 If Burkeville get beat by Goodrich on 2/11/11 the 3 teams going to the playoff will be.
Goodrich
Leggett
Spurger

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder