Dayton 35 Nederland 7 Final/Comments

Guest PurplePride

:D Your so RIGHT BHFAN,,,they DID say that didn't they? :shock:

:D YOUR NEW district said the SAME THING about YALL! :shock:

:D So here we sit...smiling our little booties off because BOTH TEAMS PROVED THEM WRONG! :lol: Gotta LOVE the game of football and also for going in being the "underdogs"! :wink: :D SWWEEEEEEEETTTTT! :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurplePride

:D Cody Green is WONDERFUL especially for a SOPHOMORE! :shock:

:D Dugat is wonderful but we have known that for several years...poor thing, we EXPECT THAT FROM HIM! HE HAS SPOILED US! :D

Not to take anything away from the QB he gets his. But part of the reason for having a good QB I have to beleive it is because everyone is scared to death of Dugat tearing them up so the stack the box which leaves you man to man on the outside.

But I could be wrong.

Not to take anything away from the QB he gets his. But part of the reason for having a good QB I have to beleive it is because everyone is scared to death of Dugat tearing them up so the stack the box which leaves you man to man on the outside.

But I could be wrong.

Good point, they did key on M. Dugat all night, which opened up the passing game. Then the other Dugat got'em. But, the QB still has to get it there.

Guest Nederland Bandit

Ok we lost. I guess that was Turkey legs i was smelling this afternoon. Congrats Dayton. Hopefully next year this 4A district will be back to it's old self with PNg and Ozen at the top as well.

We'll beat Lumberton and be in the playoffs.

Great game, Dayton.. You guys have quite a team over there and the score was not indicative of the butt-kicking y'all put on us.. Great team speed. Without a few of those turnovers in the 2nd half, the score could have probably been 42 or even 49.. Very impressed with y'all's soph QB and both Dugats.. The defense did a good job on Mosely and great job by your 2ndary.. Y'all are as good as any team we have played this season in my opinion.

Great job by Dayton... You guys are the real deal.. But I wasnt overly impressed with the offense tonight... The defense is for real... The offense needs some work, or they will get it handed to them by La Marque.... You guys are really tough... Best of luck... Go get those Coogs if you face them in the second or third round....

Congrats to Dayton on whipping the Dogs last night. It seems that y'all had the perfect game plan and executed it flawlessly. Dayton is a good, solid, fundamentally sound team that should make a deep run in the playoffs.

Congratulations to the new Champions of District 22-4A!

I was impressed on both sides of the ball.. They did not punt all night!

Considering the number of turnovers each team had, it makes punting rather....well....unnecessary! :shock:

Seriously, the turnovers were crazy. Dayton is a force to reckon with but they need to get a handle on the ball if they want to go deep in the playoffs. That team definately has the potential. Great game, broncos.

Now stick it to PNG next week and Central can't claim a co-championship!!! :twisted:

Guest TravelingBandsman

It looks as if we will play Crosby instead of Barbers Hill in the first round. BH will play Beaumont Central. If that's the case, we may be up against something really bad. We defeat Crosby, and go to Area, the Bi-district game that decides are opponet at area will probably be between El Campo and Lamar Consolidated...#3 in the state last I checked.

Hey Jake, long time no see.

This is just an early guess by C4L on the TexasPreps board but the Central/BH winner gets LM/EC winner and the Dayton/Crosby winner gets the TC/Terry winner. Being in the south bracket is tough

Guest TravelingBandsman

I'm a little confused on something. I wonder if someone could explain it to me a little better. How do they configure Division I and Division II, like who goes, or are the teams pre-selected as belonging to that Division.

Of the 3 teams that make the playoffs, the school with the largest enrollment is the Division I representative. It has no bearing whatsoever on where they placed in District. DI is a 32-team playoff pool whose champion must win in

Bi-District

Regional

Quarter-Finals

Semi-Finals and

Finals

The district's remaining two teams (the schools with the lower enrollment figures), are placed in a 32-team playoff pool to decide the Division II champion. An additional playoff round is added to account for the higher number of teams in the pool. The playoff rounds are as follows:

Bi-District

Area

Regional

Quater-Finals

Semi-Finals

Finals

I realize this was a little more info than what you asked, but hopefully, I answered your question somewhere in there. :)

Guest TravelingBandsman

Ok, I get that part, but then wouldn't the school with the highest enrollment go to Division I every year, or how does it work in the sense that hypothetically, PN-G could go and not Nederland.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I get that, but my question was if Division I is the highest enrollment, then wouldn't the school with the highest enrollment go every year to the playoffs or what?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder