Goodrich vs. Spurger Game Thread/Goodrich wins/Comments

WOSgrad

Goodrich won by 7, but for the most part they were seperated by 4 or less most of the game. Goodrich is very athletic and runs the floor very good. They seem not to like a half court game, they seem much more comfortable in a fast paced run and shot type of game. They have a player #3 that can really shoot well and seems to be the catalyst that makes this team go. Spurger played well, this was just a close game all the way. The rematch in Goodrich in a few might be interesting. I must say that this loss by Spurger disappointed me.

[quote name="whsalum" post="952928" timestamp="1295710996"]
This will really hurt Spurgers chances at the district crown, Goodrich is alway tough to beat at their place.Is Spurger he althy or do they miss Blankenship this bad? [b]I looked for them to really be strong this year.[/b]g to realy[/quote]                                                                                                                                                        Yea seems to me that you picked Spurger to be the best 1a team in area, Looks like you might of missed that one. I thought that with them losing Blankenship  that was going to hurt. Their point can push the ball and Big George can score, but if you can match his play  they realy have no one else that can score. I hope that they can turn it around. It would be a shame if they miss the playoffs this year after comming so close last year.

[quote name="whsalum" post="952928" timestamp="1295710996"]
This will really hurt Spurgers chances at the district crown, Goodrich is alway tough to beat at their place.Is Spurger healthy or do they miss Blankenship this bad? I looked for them to really be strong this year.
[/quote] They also miss Hutto he was there best def. player last year.

[quote name="whsalum" post="953145" timestamp="1295740041"]
When they are at full strength I still would pick them as the best 1-a school locally.I knew they would miss Daniel's scoring but I think the miss his leadership the most.
[/quote] Whsalum Spurger has a tough road ahead of them.They have got to play Redhorse and Goodrich on the road they could have 4 L when dist is over.It a tough dist. this year.

[quote name="whsalum" post="953145" timestamp="1295740041"]
When they are at full strength I still would pick them as the best 1-a school locally.I knew they would miss Daniel's scoring but I think the miss his leadership the most.
[/quote] Why are they not at full strength now? Who is out??

[quote name="CATMAN" post="953150" timestamp="1295740994"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=79093.msg953145#msg953145 date=1295740041]
[/quote] Whsalum Spurger has a tough road ahead of them.They have got to play Redhorse and Goodrich on the road they could have 4 L when dist is over.It a tough dist. this year.
[/quote]I know that's right CATMAN ,you just can't hardly beat Leggett and Goodrich at home.Do they just have 1 district loss so far ???

[quote name="trophyman" post="953251" timestamp="1295759483"]
our distict gonna be the one to beat this year we're not the weakest district anymore    [size=16pt][glow=red,2,300][font=Verdana][b] Go Rebs[/b][/font][/glow][/size]
[/quote] Yes i dist. is weak this year.

You are right on CATMAN.The district doesn't even compare with what it has been over the last 4 or 5 years.Evadale is a well coached club,Coach Williams gets everything they have to offer.They have the same problems that all small schools have and that's some holes that will create matchup nightmares once the playoffs start.I think great is an overstatement to say the least.

[quote name="whsalum" post="953365" timestamp="1295804557"]
You are right on CATMAN.The district doesn't even compare with what it has been over the last 4 or 5 years.Evadale is a well coached club,Coach Williams gets everything they have to offer.They have the same problems that all small schools have and that's some holes that will create matchup nightmares once the playoffs start.I think great is an overstatement to say the least.
[/quote] Well you know everonce in a blue moon, we agree on somethings. Evadale does have holes, and the bigest has been a the point. Just look at evergame that they have lost, and look at the turnovers, by who ever is at the point. They have worked hard at trying to fix that , just hope to get a good warmup game to see if they have. I hope tomorrow night in BS that they get tested with pressure on the ball. The best way to learn is under fire.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics