EC Girls Basketball Team (weight lifting instead of Basketball Practice)

Guest tripple threat

The question I have is when is the girls atheletic period during the school day and how long is it?  if the time slot for their atheletic period is in the morning then lifting weights before lunch will have no effect on shooting after school.  If the time slot for the atheletic period is only 50 min then you are only getting about a 30 min workout or practice anyway.

Guest tripple threat
Athletics is last period of the day.... In my opinion it doesn't matter what period it is if the basketball coach wants her team in the gym for practice that is what should happen.

Guest tripple threat
Take today for instance.  The girls are practicing at 6am before school because the lack of support for basketball from the top.  Then they will lift weights last period of the day and practice basketball again right after school.  Parents are getting fed up and with this lack of support.......I support every sport and believe that the leader of the athletic department should as well.... Showing up and sitting at the game with a blank stare on your face just isn't enough.

I really don't know what your complaint is??? Whatever the EC girls are doing is paying off!! They beat Hardin this past week....come on!! I think you need to sit back, let the school take care of the athletes, and enjoy the success. Who cares that they are lifting weights???? This is obviously working! Our girls don't practice basketball in their athletic period...they run! They show up before school or stay after school and practice...so I don't think this is uncommon. If the EC girls were having a bad year then you would have something to complain about but now it just sounds like something personal.

Tripple Threat.  Watch what you say.  Just because you use a screen name instead of your real name, people can still figure out who you are.  Comments can come back to bite you.  Good luck the rest year and focus on making a playoff run instead of worring about weights.

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="953747" timestamp="1295879983"]
I really don't know what your complaint is??? Whatever the EC girls are doing is paying off!! They beat Hardin this past week....come on!! I think you need to sit back, let the school take care of the athletes, and enjoy the success. Who cares that they are lifting weights???? This is obviously working! Our girls don't practice basketball in their athletic period...they run! They show up before school or stay after school and practice...so I don't think this is uncommon. If the EC girls were having a bad year then you would have something to complain about but now it just sounds like something personal.
[/quote]
It is kinda hard to argue against the weightlifting point @ EC. They have won district almost every year Coach Penny was there & it looks as though it will continue with the new coach. If you don't like your precious daughter lifting or she can't handle it, then put her in the kick-ball PE class.

Guest speechless
why are coaches hired then?  why not just have the AD be the head coach of all sports if he/she is going to regulate all of them?  it would save the district a lot of money.

Guest speechless
it was meant in jest

imo if you hire a head coach then part of that job description is for that coach to run that program as they see fit

yet they are not allowed to do so

Guest tripple threat
My issue as well as several other EC supporters is that the Basketball coach is not being allowed to make the decisions that affect her team.  Yeah EC beat Hardin.  Great win but I'm sure the goal for the season doesn't just end with beating Hardin or winning district.  If the basketball coach wants her team lifting weights then I am fine with that.  If she would rather them be in the gym then thats what should happen.  Why hire a new coach and then limit how much time she has with them in the gym?  Lack of support...

Let's get our facts straight.  The practices EC has were set back in September according to when the coach wanted to practice.  The weight lifting program is not anything that the coach doesn't want or approve of for the program to be successful. Gym time is not an issue nor has it ever been.

Guest tripple threat
You are wrong bucfan.  The coach wanted to practice during last period as well as after school.  She wasn't give a choice on this.  Thats a fact.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="953846" timestamp="1295893078"]
Let's just say I will take bucfan77's word on this issue over others. ;)
[/quote]
Bucfan77 is right ( and AAW). Coach Starnes is in full control of everything going on right now @ EC in that program.
Tripple may be a disgruntled parent......only.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83