Zack Sonnier WR LC-M

[quote name="JJWooten" post="952238" timestamp="1295631937"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=78744.msg952186#msg952186 date=1295628295]
[quote author=BCgrad05 link=topic=78744.msg952051#msg952051 date=1295583716]
JJ is a hoss. He can play at the next level.
[/quote]
Marcus Jackson as well.

Marcus 41 rec./728 yds/8 TD   played 11 games
JJ  52 rec./745 yds/6 TD  played 9 games

Both are good and may have a chance. I think both will be seniors in 2011.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but you have to see what JJ does against major competition and not NAIA and DII competition.
[/quote]

JJ had a throat injury that kept him out of 3 games I believe with SHSU being one of them. Against other FCS programs he played like a stud. Ask McNeese or SE Louisiana about JJ Hays.

Back to the topic of Sonnier, he looks to have talent to play DB as well as WR. I think he'll get the opportunity to somewhere at the next level. Best of luck to him and his family.

[quote name="bigred360" post="953117" timestamp="1295736797"]

Back to the topic of Sonnier, he looks to have talent to play DB as well as WR. I think he'll get the opportunity to somewhere at the next level. Best of luck to him and his family.
[/quote]

JJ played against Sam and had 9 catches for a little over 100 yards. The reason he was so successful is because of Bevil's style of play, chuck it up and hope somewhere is near the ball. He bailed Bevil out on many many plays, but I'm not sure about his ability as an overall route run play in and play out. He's got great size and hands and is a deep threat. We'll see how he plays with the new JJ.

Thanks for the clarification but still 9 catches for over 100 yards is pretty good. BTW, how tall are the SHSU CB's? Because if they are under 6-0, Hays had an advantage of out jumping them for deep balls. He is 6-3, 210 and I bet he'll be bigger and faster this year.

I think Bevil is getting too much credit for throwing deep when it could have been calls from the OC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nexax
    Newest Member
    nexax