Tx. vs. La. Bowl Game

It's not mostly westside of Houston!!!
It's hosted By the Houston Football coaches Association, and IF any team sends in film of a player they take a look at it. Kyle Padron of Southlake Carroll Played in it 2 years ago.. I would like to see some kids from SETX get in but that is up to their coaches.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="947014" timestamp="1294868302"]
Weak game. The best school I seen on there was a couple of players going to U of H. I wouldn't call TX vs. LA game because it's not the best players in the state.
[/quote]

Well, that is the case with a lot of All-Star games that are played during the summer as those players who have committed to playing college football, especially those who have signed with FBS schools are either already enrolled at their new school already or are strongly discouraged by their future coaches in participating in such games.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="947014" timestamp="1294868302"]
Weak game.
[/quote]

Grad is right. Many players who are signed & delivered don't play, but to call it "a weak game" is unfair.  It's as strong as this type game can be. And it gives some kids a chance to showcase themselves. It's a shame the SE Tx coaches had their game the same day. Are you sure it's the same day this year?

The kids who show up and play, and get treated like kings for a week, and get nike apparel, and get bowl rings dont think its weak. I'm sure the kids that play in any bowl enjoy theirselves, but you dont know much about this if you are calling it weak. It is done pretty right.

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="947255" timestamp="1294891954"]
The kids who show up and play, and get treated like kings for a week, and get nike apparel, and get bowl rings dont think its weak. I'm sure the kids that play in any bowl enjoy theirselves, but you dont know much about this if you are calling it weak. It is done pretty right.
[/quote]
Your right, I don't know much about it. BUT, if you present it as this big Texas versus Louisiana then have all of the top players from both states play in it. Come on they play the game at Stallworth. I'm happy for the kids that play in it, but it doesn't grab most peoples attention because it's the leftovers. JMO

unike a game that just takes whatever two kids anyone from the Area sends them?? Is that your definition of an all star game. And By the Way the Chronicle Player of the year ( Darian Lazard) Played last year, So I guess they do get the best, just not from Batson or Doucett, or Sabine pass.

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="947442" timestamp="1294934635"]
unike a game that just takes whatever two kids anyone from the Area sends them?? Is that your definition of an all star game. And By the Way the Chronicle Player of the year ( Darian Lazard) Played last year, So I guess they do get the best, just not from Batson or Doucett, or Sabine pass.
[/quote]

To be fair their were more first round talents on the Dayton vs Crosby game than on this field. =/.
2 D1 kickers
2 D1 Players (Merka and DT from Broncos)

Crosby had some high level d2 prospects on the line. iunno.

HAY broncos who else went d1?

Any of these kids playing in the Bayou Bowl?

Linemen: Matt Freeman, Abilene Cooper,  Derek Hoffpauir, Pearland, Hiva Lutui, Euless Trinity, Justin Martin, Euless Trinity, Alec Willis, Denton Guyer

Quarterback: J.W. Walsh, Denton Guyer

Running Backs: Malcolm Brown, Cibolo Steele, Dustin Garrison, Pearland, Bradley Marquez, Odessa

Receivers/Ends: Devante Lacy, Grand Prairie, Jake Oliver, Dallas Jesuit

Kicker: Mac Mcguire, Southlake Carroll

FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen: Dallas Mcclarty, League City Clear Springs, Tanner Rice, Coppell, Josh Robinson, Abilene Cooper, Jordan Wade, Round Rock Stony Point, Sr.40 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 1 Fumble Recovered

Linebackers: Brandon Mullins, Coppell, Sr.131 Tackles, 17 Tfl, 11 Sacks, 3 Ints (1 Td Return); Brian Nance, Euless Trinity, Jr.121 Tackles; 10 Tfl, 4 Ints, 4 Pass Breakups, 3 Sacks, 2 Td Returns; Ryan Simmons, Cibolo Steele, Sr.120 Tackles, 5 Tfl, 3 Ints (2 Td Returns), 4 Fumbles Recovered

Defensive Backs: Collin Brence, Plano, Sr.112 Tackles, 5 Ints, 9 Pass Breakups, 5 Tfl, 2 Fumbles Caused; David Busby, Coppell, Jr.85 Tackles, 7 Ints, 14 Pass Breakups; Bryson Echols, Desoto, Jr. - 55 Tackles, 5 Ints (2 Td Returns), 2 Fumbled Recovered (1 Td Return), 17 Pass Breakups; Eric Escamilla, Brownsville Pace, Sr.152 Tackles, 6 Ints.

Punter: David Ash, Belton, Sr. - 45.9-Yard Average On 17 Punts, Long Of 62

Defensive player of the year: Brandon Mullins, Coppell

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Class-5A-all-state-football-905297.php#ixzz1BAtZnK9C

The 1st game was played in 2003, at Stallworth Stadium.  Jim Creech, Dulles Head Coach, was the coach of the 1st game won by Texas on a field goal as time expired.  We started the game to take the place of the Texas-California game that ended after Texas won its' first game in the series.  California started a game with Florida, we started one with Louisiana.  The Greater Houston Football Coaches Association is the benefactor of the game with the President of the association serving as the Head Coach.  In the beginning, a coach had to belong to the association in order to nominate a player.  We started taking players from the state on a need basis.  If we could not fill positions with players from the Greater Houston Area, we looked elsewhere in the state for the best available player at the position needed.  It is becoming more difficult to get players for the game because colleges want them in summer school.  However, the colleges, when possible, have been very helpful in allowing players to participate.  Coaches need to nominate players and send film to the selection committee in order for a player to be selected.  Coaches on the selection committee will also contact coaches requesting film if they know of a particular player that would be a good addition to the squad.  Once a player is selected, the necessary paperwork must then be completed for one to participate (go to the GHFCA website to see the paperwork required).     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami