Nederland vs. Beaumont Central Game Thread/Nederland wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Basketball 2016" post="946349" timestamp="1294791667"]
Nederland has a great team.....I hope they play up to their full potential for 4 full quarters...
[/quote]Well that didn't happen....but luckily for Nederland they have enough talent to overcome a 3 point 1st quarter tonite........but I think they will need the 4 full quarters against Ozen

I just do not understand how you lose a 13 lead and you have a chance to run these guys out the gym and you end up losing by 9.  How many times will this defense fail before we make changes?  Nederland did nothing spectacular...  They don't have a motion offense.. They just passed the bal around to open players, which they were open all night due to players being out of position.  Just play man.  We have the advantage at speed but not in size down low.  Just come with a quick double team to stop the initial move by Nederland's bigs.  I'm telling you...  If we keep doing this and letting Kristen smith sit almost the whole second half, We won't be beating many teams in this district and we will miss the playoffs...  And I can't remember us missing the playoffs..

SAD, SAD, SAD...

I dont what it is about this group, but they cant come to play for 4 quarters.. Have so much talent and potential thats its scary, but cant seem to pull it together for an entire game.. Nederland is the best team is the district when they lace up to play some actual basketball, but there are too many times that I have seen them look awful and just going through the motions..

Thank goodness they put on the press to get into some kind of rhythm, or Central would have put the hammer down on this game

At least one good thing came from all of this.. 4-0 ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="946498" timestamp="1294803860"]
I just do not understand how you lose a 13 lead and you have a chance to run these guys out the gym and you end up losing by 9.  How many times will this defense fail before we make changes?  Nederland did nothing spectacular...  They don't have a motion offense.. They just passed the bal around to open players, which they were open all night due to players being out of position.  Just play man.  We have the advantage at speed but not in size down low.  Just come with a quick double team to stop the initial move by Nederland's bigs.  I'm telling you...  If we keep doing this and letting Kristen smith sit almost the whole second half, We won't be beating many teams in this district and we will miss the playoffs...  And I can't remember us missing the playoffs..

SAD, SAD, SAD...
[/quote]

Kristian Smith got his four foul early in the third quarter. I am sure that the coach was saving him for the end of the game.  He came back in and got foul five almost immediately.  Did anyone else notice that Fruge, Heard, Allen and Pickett were not playing.  Sounds a lot like the starters to me.  

The former coach from Central was at the game tonight.  Scouting for Ozen, from what I hear.  Now that is sad, sad, sad since he is am assistant principal at PA Memorial.......................

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami