Riley Dodge to transfer from North Texas

No surprise here either.  With his Dad gone and the injuries that Riley sustained over the past few years, Riley needs to transfer to D1A(FCS) football.  He's a heckuva player, tough as boot leather, and fun to watch.  Just a a different level.  Sorry to see him leave UNT.

Riley would be a good pick up for Lamar. He has two years of eligibility left.  Here's the ESPN article.
[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4671553/riley-dodge-leaving-north-texas?prosaction=newpost&status=ok]Riley Dodge[/url]

[quote name="Green Menace" post="942296" timestamp="1294192821"]
No surprise here either.  With his Dad gone and the injuries that Riley sustained over the past few years, Riley needs to transfer to D1A(FCS) football.  He's a heckuva player, tough as boot leather, and fun to watch.  Just a a different level.  Sorry to see him leave UNT.

Riley would be a good pick up for Lamar. He has two years of eligibility left.  Here's the ESPN article.
[url=http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/post/_/id/4671553/riley-dodge-leaving-north-texas?prosaction=newpost&status=ok]Riley Dodge[/url]
[/quote]pass.... 

I am sure the Dodge is a great young man but at this point Lamar needs linemen on both sides of the ball.  Don't really think another quarterback or former QB will help even though I gernerally agree with the concept of going after the best athletes and at most schools typically a QB is one of the best athletes on a high school squad.

UT offered Dodge out of HS to play receiver. He also played receiver for a year at UNT, correct Menace? I think LU [b]would[/b] love another offensive weapon. You can never have too many. I think he lands at SFA, though. Their QB graduates this year, so they'll be looking for another. He can go there and really make some noise in the SLC.

[quote name="UNLV" post="942482" timestamp="1294200743"]
[quote author=Green Menace link=topic=78254.msg942296#msg942296 date=1294192821]

[/quote]pass.... 
[/quote]

I'll take him at Lamar!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="942719" timestamp="1294241270"]
Riley played about 6 games at receiver before injuries to the other quarterbacks forced him to move back the middle of this year.
[/quote]

He wants to play QB at the next school of his choice. I told ya'll this was coming.

[quote name="bigred360" post="942805" timestamp="1294249939"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=78254.msg942719#msg942719 date=1294241270]
Riley played about 6 games at receiver before injuries to the other quarterbacks forced him to move back the middle of this year.
[/quote]

He wants to play QB at the next school of his choice. I told ya'll this was coming.
[/quote]

Like I said, he's going to go to SFA. Or so I think. Hard to pass up a great team with an opening at QB..

Riley will more than likely go where his Dad ends up.  Assuming Todd gets an FCS coaching gig.

Word is he left UNT because he did not fit into the QB position under new HC McCarney.  In other words, he wasn't going to play the position he felt destined to play.

Whoever ends up with Riley for two years at the QB position will be getting a real gamer who knows the game.  I can tell you this, if Lamar ended up with Riley, he would win the QB position after Spring ball over either of your current #1 & #2(Pruett) QB's.  Or whoever is currently 1 & 2.  Riley is that good as long as he is healthy.

[quote name="Green Menace" post="942895" timestamp="1294256912"]
Riley will more than likely go where his Dad ends up.  Assuming Todd gets an FCS coaching gig.

Word is he left UNT because he did not fit into the QB position under new HC McCarney.  In other words, he wasn't going to play the position he felt destined to play.

Whoever ends up with Riley for two years at the QB position will be getting a real gamer who knows the game.  I can tell you this, if Lamar ended up with Riley, he would win the QB position after Spring ball over either of your current #1 & #2(Pruett) QB's.  Or whoever is currently 1 & 2.  Riley is that good as long as he is healthy.
[/quote]

You do know that Jeremy Johnson transferred to LU?

[quote name="AJ25" post="942896" timestamp="1294256993"]
[quote author=Green Menace link=topic=78254.msg942895#msg942895 date=1294256912]
Riley will more than likely go where his Dad ends up.  Assuming Todd gets an FCS coaching gig.

Word is he left UNT because he did not fit into the QB position under new HC McCarney.  In other words, he wasn't going to play the position he felt destined to play.

Whoever ends up with Riley for two years at the QB position will be getting a real gamer who knows the game.  I can tell you this, if Lamar ended up with Riley, he would win the QB position after Spring ball over either of your current #1 & #2(Pruett) QB's.  Or whoever is currently 1 & 2.  Riley is that good as long as he is healthy.
[/quote]

You do know that Jeremy Johnson transferred to LU?
[/quote]
I do know that.  But what has he done lately?  Never took a snap at the FBS or FCS level.  Just because these transfers were high school heroes doesn't mean they will be equally as good at the college level.  Riley was good in HS and in college.  North Texas was bad, but overall Riley did a great job.
[img]http://www.meangreensports.com//pics31/640/HK/HKSWWJMDHSWEAIY.20101004153912.jpg[/img]

If he was that good at UNT why isn't the Head Coach giving him an opportunity to be the starting QB next year?

In my opinion, as I stated a couple of months ago, he was going to transfer anyway. I don't know about you, but if someone fires my dad I'm not staying either.

[quote name="bigred360" post="942981" timestamp="1294266827"]
If he was that good at UNT why isn't the Head Coach giving him an opportunity to be the starting QB next year?

In my opinion, as I stated a couple of months ago, he was going to transfer anyway. I don't know about you, but if someone fires my dad I'm not staying either.
[/quote]
He was a very good QB.  He was too small and prone to injury at this level.  I also think Coach McCarney recognized this the minute he came on board and decided he wanted a good QB with some size.  Purely speculative, that's the theory at the Mean Green Nation.

As to his dad being terminated, I guess football, rather than academics lead to his wanting to transfer out.  It would have been nice to see Riley graduate from UNT and have him as an Alumni.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124