Top 5 Coaches in SETX?

BADSANTA

[quote name="jacobmccandles" post="945331" timestamp="1294664436"]
Can someone post career records of the above mentioned coaches.  Including trips to the playoffs.
[/quote]

English helped validate his elite status last night. Down the entire game to PN-G, English coached his team from a late 6 pt. Deficit (his son did help out a bit by draining back-to-back threes and a runner-8 strraight pts) to a last second put back by Kelvin Smith. Stalling the ball for 90 seconds was brilliant!! I say 90% of HS coaches lose that game-not English ...

How about some props for Coach Jeff Parks at West Sabine? I can remember just a short while ago that boys basketball at West Sabine was merely an afterthought, something the athletes did to keep in shape between football and baseball seasons. The gym would be empty save for parents and coaches, and now each game is packed to the rafters! He and his staff are closing in on the school's fifth straight district title this year, by the way! Just thought I'd throw that out there........

[quote name="Pumper" post="939876" timestamp="1293739063"]

English build Nederland from the bottom and is building a program, from LD on up.  He'll be consistently good there, [b]and he had to fight "the powers that be" in Nederland at first to get it going[/b].

[/quote]

This is a sad thing too!! There ARE other sports than football!!! I personally don't know English but I have yet to hear one negative thing about him. That in itself says a whole lot about the man and the type of coach he is. Especially on THESE forums :) Congratulations Coach English for standing up for your players and the sport you love. Because you care for your players and sport, it will succeed more than it has already!! Other coaches could/should take note!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="939757" timestamp="1293719494"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78063.msg939724#msg939724 date=1293698417]
There are bad coaches with State Championships and there are good coaches with no championships.  There are also good coaches without State Championships and good coaches with Championships. If you want to really know if a coach is good or not, you need alot of information into him.  The most telling is if a coach came into a program that was not winning and turned the program around and it is a lasting thing.  IMO
[/quote]

Well stated.
[/quote]

Coach Williams along with his assistant Coach Brooks did not come into a losing program, but they have kept the success going for years. I understand what you are saying about turning a program around, but if you are constantly making the playoffs and apperaing in the State Tournament then I think they deserve more than they get from people like you. They have continued to succeed in this district, with Hardin Jefferson being their only "real" competition.

[quote name="Malcolm X" post="957918" timestamp="1296488367"]
1. Hamshire Fannett coach
2. Central Jaguars coach
3. Ozen Panthers coach
4. East Chambers coach
5. Silsbee Tigers replacement coach
[/quote]

U put the Central and Ozen coaches in the top 5 b/c he has accomplished.....what????? Is it b/c U live in Beaumont?? Wow! Brilliant insight there. Keep 'em coming...

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="958647" timestamp="1296579010"]
[quote author=Malcolm X link=topic=78063.msg957918#msg957918 date=1296488367]
2. Central Jaguars coach
3. Ozen Panthers coach
4. East Chambers coach
[/quote]

U put the Central and Ozen coaches in the top 5 b/c he has accomplished.....what????? Is it b/c U live in Beaumont?? Wow! Brilliant insight there. Keep 'em coming...
[/quote]

I think this is a joke from Malcolm X!!!!!!! :D :D :D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="958674" timestamp="1296580706"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=78063.msg958647#msg958647 date=1296579010]
[quote author=Malcolm X link=topic=78063.msg957918#msg957918 date=1296488367]
2. Central Jaguars coach
3. Ozen Panthers coach
4. East Chambers coach
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think this is a joke from Malcolm X!!!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification :-)

[quote name="trueblue75" post="957952" timestamp="1296492203"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=78063.msg939876#msg939876 date=1293739063]

English build Nederland from the bottom and is building a program, from LD on up.  He'll be consistently good there, [b]and he had to fight "the powers that be" in Nederland at first to get it going[/b].

[/quote]

This is a sad thing too!! There ARE other sports than football!!! I personally don't know English but I have yet to hear one negative thing about him. That in itself says a whole lot about the man and the type of coach he is. Especially on THESE forums :) Congratulations Coach English for standing up for your players and the sport you love. Because you care for your players and sport, it will succeed more than it has already!! Other coaches could/should take note!!!
[/quote]I don't think they heard you! Say it louder.

[quote name="alice" post="958975" timestamp="1296600267"]
If it is a joke why is EC dumped into this pile? Best I can figure our basketball program is consistantly better than most, along with our football, tennis, UIL, concession stand, and most anything else. ;D ;D

GO BUCS
[/quote]

Sounds like a dream land!! I think i'm moving there. BTW-Where is EC located??

Mike1437, I didnt say Coach Williams was not a good coach.  He may have not had the opportunity to come into a place that does not have talent and have to build it up.  But, if given the chance then he may could.  I dont know him, my comment was not directed at him. 
Some coaches are lucking or blessed and are able to coach at a school with alot of talent, but you are correct it does take a good coach to sustain the success.
IMO, the coach that builds a program up is what makes a great coach.  It is a blanket statement, not mentioning any coaches.  Please read the thread, digest it, and then make a comment without trying to come at someone.  For all I know he is as good as any.  I just know one of the hardest things a coach can do is come into a program that has not had success, build it up and sustain that success. To me that makes a coach great.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder