Gulf Coast Classic Scores/Bracket updates..Ozen Wins!!!!!!!!!!!

HillGuy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="939224" timestamp="1293593230"]
Very exciting game! Congratulations to both teams. Only downer was some of the Ozen fans inappropriate comments and behavior.
[/quote]Ozen fans may have been inappropriate when it should have been ozen's coach. the officiating was horrible in this game. It is time for someone to address BH getting officials that live in BH. It was obvious when the official called a time out for BH when the ball was clearly in the air and about to be stolen by a ozen defender. this is not fair to the kids.

I WAS TOLD THE OFFICIATING IN THE TACO BELL TOURNAMENT GAMES WERE HORRIBLE.  THE KELLY COACH RECEIVED A TECHNICAL FOUL.  THEY NEED TO HAVE BETTER OFFICIATING AT THESE TOURNAMENTS.  MAYBE THEY NEED TO OFFICIATE ONE AND THEN SIT ONE OUT. WHEN THEY CALL THEM BACK TO BACK THEY GET TIRED AND FRUSTRATED.

TEARDROP

[quote name="broncos92" post="939430" timestamp="1293657043"]
[quote author=Bronco/Cat Fan link=topic=77990.msg939224#msg939224 date=1293593230]
Very exciting game! Congratulations to both teams. Only downer was some of the Ozen fans inappropriate comments and behavior.
[/quote]Ozen fans may have been inappropriate when it should have been ozen's coach. the officiating was horrible in this game. It is time for someone to address BH getting officials that live in BH. It was obvious when the official called a time out for BH when the ball was clearly in the air and about to be stolen by a ozen defender. this is not fair to the kids.
[/quote]

You know...I can understand frustration with officials sometimes, but please be educated in the rules of the game and OBJECTIVE to the foul count before you complain out loud.

The official didn't call the time out, the BH coach did, BEFORE the ball was passed.  The ref blew the whistle right as the ball left her hands (I just reviewed it again on video tape).  Think about a football coach on the sidelines calling a timeout before the snap for FG, same deal - the ball gets kicked and might go thru the uprights, but no play.  The foul count was even for the game, even with Ozen running a press defense most of the time.  And Bronco92, the foul count was 38-20 IN DAYTONS favor that game and SOME Dayton fans still claimed robbery.

BH's combo got three cheesy fouls right off the bat and had to sit out for 6 min and play with her hands tied the remainder...did you hear us complain about that (well I guess I just did, LOL)?  Complaining about and blaming officiating is easy, being objective and recognizing that bad calls go both ways isn't.  The problem with many of the Ozen fans (I was sitting right in the middle of them), was that they were saying to each other they were going to "get robbed" by the refs before the game even started...must have been drinking that purple koolaid a week before coming over.

I just sat with them again during the championship game.  Same stuff ...(some) complained about EVERY call and their players were fouled every time they had the ball and many times when they didn't.  Screaming at their players that they had to steal the game back from the refs...it was embarassing and doesnt do your team, who is very talented, justice.

Posted by: broncos92
Insert Quote
Quote from: Bronco/Cat Fan on December 28, 2010, 09:28:58 PM
Ozen fans may have been inappropriate when it should have been ozen's coach. the officiating was horrible in this game. It is time for someone to address BH getting officials that live in BH. It was obvious when the official called a time out for BH when the ball was clearly in the air and about to be stolen by a ozen defender. this is not fair to the kids.

I don't know if any of the officials that worked the BH/Ozen game were from BH. Do you? I saw calls that could have been made against both teams but over-all IMO it was a well called game. The officials are human and may make mistakes, but I sincerely doubt any of them lack the integrity to do the best they can without being biased toward any team, nor do I think any school officials would try to influence the refs to call in their favor. It is usually the losing team's fans that find fault with the officiating. Ozen played well enough to win and has a good team. Any coach that acts inappropriately is not going to positively affect his/her teams chances to win. I'm not from BH, but all the crying about the officials is ridiculous.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="939525" timestamp="1293665046"]
[quote author=broncos92 link=topic=77990.msg939430#msg939430 date=1293657043]
[quote author=Bronco/Cat Fan link=topic=77990.msg939224#msg939224 date=1293593230]
[/quote]

You know...I can understand frustration with officials sometimes, but please be educated in the rules of the game and OBJECTIVE to the foul count before you complain out loud.

The official didn't call the time out, the BH coach did, BEFORE the ball was passed.  The ref blew the whistle right as the ball left her hands (I just reviewed it again on video tape).  Think about a football coach on the sidelines calling a timeout before the snap for FG, same deal - the ball gets kicked and might go thru the uprights, but no play.  The foul count was even for the game, even with Ozen running a press defense most of the time.  And Bronco92, the foul count was 38-20 IN DAYTONS favor that game and SOME Dayton fans still claimed robbery.

BH's combo got three cheesy fouls right off the bat and had to sit out for 6 min and play with her hands tied the remainder...did you hear us complain about that (well I guess I just did, LOL)?  Complaining about and blaming officiating is easy, being objective and recognizing that bad calls go both ways isn't.  The problem with many of the Ozen fans (I was sitting right in the middle of them), was that they were saying to each other they were going to "get robbed" by the refs before the game even started...must have been drinking that purple koolaid a week before coming over.

I just sat with them again during the championship game.  Same stuff ...(some) complained about EVERY call and their players were fouled every time they had the ball and many times when they didn't.  Screaming at their players that they had to steal the game back from the refs...it was embarassing and doesnt do your team, who is very talented, justice.
[/quote]The ball was clearly out of the girls hand, and hillguy if you would not have had your blue googles on you would have too. It was not just that call, but it was several calls that even the other officials would look and wonder what in the world was that call. Like the call where he clearly called a charge and got to the scorers table and changed it to a block. Anyway it is over and the better team WON!!!!!! The point i am trying to make is that we have alot of officials from all over,so why do we schedule people from BH to officiate BH games (varsity). That is what i think is inappropriate.

Guest bleed orange
Parents/fans have gotten out of control. So glad my kids are out of high school. All this blah blah makes me laugh. Yes, the officiating is bad but who is to blame? This is not basketball anymore. Kids walk, Travel, get mugged under the basket and trash talk on the court. This is not basketball. Us old guys talk about "Back in the day" well back then it was basketball in its purest form. Who do I blame? The NBA of course and parents putting so much pressure on their kid to go to the next level when most will not.  Think what you want but officials and coaches dont play the game the kids do. Some coaches are better than other but the bottom line is kids determine the outcome of a game regardless who is coaching or officiating. All I can say is "WOW" about some of the comments or should I say Excuses.

Bleed orange.... Kids determine the outcome of a game regardless to the officiating...Are you SERIOUS!!!...WOW!.....I have not said much about this subject...but.. I agree that alot of opinions are preconceived based on prior experiences with BH officials. Im not from this area but i heard people telling stories about BH officials cheating them as far back as the 80s. I think when strangers in the stands share horror stories about BH officiating over the years makes matters worst.....it was not just ozen fans but everyone who sat on that side shared the same consensus about the officials... not neccessarily this weekends officals... but BH officals overall. Baytown and Nederland complained also....Ozen was just the most vocal. I think the current officals are still catching hell from what officals did years ago....Can everyone be making up these horror stories?

....I had one personal experience about 3 years ago at a little league championship game. BH had two teams in the tourney. My sons team knock BH team 1 out of the final. They ended up playing the BH team 2 for the championship. Well... guess who change clothes and walked to  officiate the game? Yep... the head coach of BH team1....you can probable guess how the game turned out... Unfortunately, I think  its going to take some time to change that negative perception......Good luck officials 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="dimlaws" post="939698" timestamp="1293684978"]
Bleed orange.... Kids determine the outcome of a game regardless to the officiating...Are you SERIOUS!!!...WOW!.....I have not said much about this subject...but.. I agree that alot of opinions are preconceived based on prior experiences with BH officials. Im not from this area but i heard people telling stories about BH officials cheating them as far back as the 80s. I think when strangers in the stands share horror stories about BH officiating over the years makes matters worst.....it was not just ozen fans but everyone who sat on that side shared the same consensus about the officials... not neccessarily this weekends officals... but BH officals overall. Baytown and Nederland complained also....Ozen was just the most vocal. I think the current officals are still catching heck from what officals did years ago....Can everyone be making up these horror stories?

....I had one personal experience about 3 years ago at a little league championship game. BH had two teams in the tourney. My sons team knock BH team 1 out of the final. They ended up playing the BH team 2 for the championship. Well... guess who change clothes and walked to  officiate the game? Yep... the head coach of BH team1....you can probable guess how the game turned out... Unfortunately, I think  its going to take some time to change that negative perception......Good luck officials   
[/quote]

You live in a dream world. Do you honestly believe that people don't say the samething you are saying about every school in this area? Yes, Beaumont Central and Ozen included. I promise you they say that about Orangefield. Hate to disappoint you but Barbers Hill playing somebody at home is no different than Central or Ozen playing someone at home.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="dimlaws" post="939698" timestamp="1293684978"]
Bleed orange.... Kids determine the outcome of a game regardless to the officiating...Are you SERIOUS!!!...WOW!.....I have not said much about this subject...but.. I agree that alot of opinions are preconceived based on prior experiences with BH officials. Im not from this area but i heard people telling stories about BH officials cheating them as far back as the 80s. I think when strangers in the stands share horror stories about BH officiating over the years makes matters worst.....it was not just ozen fans but everyone who sat on that side shared the same consensus about the officials... not neccessarily this weekends officals... but BH officals overall. Baytown and Nederland complained also....Ozen was just the most vocal. I think the current officals are still catching heck from what officals did years ago....Can everyone be making up these horror stories?

[/quote]

I agree the officiating is not good but it is not based on what team is playing. It is just horrible in general. Has nothing to do with what school is involved as you suggested.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="939702" timestamp="1293685928"]
[quote author=dimlaws link=topic=77990.msg939698#msg939698 date=1293684978]

[/quote]

You live in a dream world. Do you honestly believe that people don't say the samething you are saying about every school in this area? Yes, Beaumont Central and Ozen included. I promise you they say that about Orangefield. Hate to disappoint you but Barbers Hill playing somebody at home is no different than Central or Ozen playing someone at home.
[/quote]

That is about the most realistic take I have read, Bleed.  It doesn't matter what school hosts, somebody is going to claim home cookin.  And the more successful that school is, the more folks will complain.  Seems like the ones MOST complaining are the ones that NEVER host a tournament LMAO

BH hosts a bunch of events  in all sports with lots of schools attending...stands to reason that that they will take the heat for home cookin.  We take the heat AND stay in the kitchen cuz we do this stuff for the kids.  I'm as bad as anyone yelling about a bad call, but when its over, I dang sure respect the fact that those guys do something I would never do - officiate.  To say there is some kind of conspiracy to give the home team an advantage is delusional.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="939562" timestamp="1293670446"]
People's memory can be in error...video with sound doesn't lie.   I'd youtube it, but its not worth the effort.  It didn't matter in the outcome anyway.

[/quote]Hillguy, would you please youtube it? I would like to see the error I made.

[quote name="dimlaws" post="939722" timestamp="1293697699"]
Never said it didnt happen at other schools...but right now the topic is BH.......Bleed i got a feeling you have never even played a sport...lol
[/quote]

You'd be incorrect, but we're used to that.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83