**KOUNTZE @ EVADALE Broadcast**/Kountze wins 56-51!

[quote name="utfan06" post="937554" timestamp="1293052259"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=77853.msg937548#msg937548 date=1293050789]
Kountze had a ton of open looks from behind the arc they just didn't hit them.Evadale played quite a bit of zone '"D" and the long jumper is there aginst that defense but you have to hit it to bring folks out of it.I agree with Aggie ,the ft shooting was what kept Evadale from winning this one.For whatever reason the Lions didn't turn up the pressure until the game was on the line but then it was evident they had another gear.I will also agree with ya about Coach Williams having the Rebels going in the right direction but I don't think the Rebs would gain anything by a game 3.
[/quote]
I agree
[/quote]I wasnt at the game any more than you were but with all respect, I disagree with part.  I do agree the Rebels are getting better fast, but I disagree that another game would not be good for Evadale.  Why not...They trimmed some 25 points off the first game and from the play-by-play the other night it sounded like both teams were in high gear all night.  It seems to me that it wasnt so much the Lions shifting gears as it was the costly turn over and lack of production at the line by Evadale that sealed the deal.  I respect Kountze but you guys seem to be having a hard time giving anyone profs but to yourself, so let the hating begin. I bet you Williams would welcome a game 3.  Now Kountze, I can see why the HC would not be too interested.  NO, I didnt say the Rebs would win but they dont seem to be scared anymore...Good luck to my friends in Evadale.  Keep working hard and you'll be fine.  And from this impartial observer, Good job, y'all had a chance to beat the Lions and goofy stuff that beats all of us beat you this night.  Not bad!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm pretty sure I've given props to every team that's come close to or beat us??? So when I talked to a player after the game and he said he thought that it was the worst game they have played all year then im pretty sure he would know lol like I said though I gave evadale props.

I dont think a 3 game is needed at this point,but I can tell you all this much..Right now the Rebs are not scared to lace it up with anyone.. They are playing this next week at the EC tour. and are the only 1a team. And other than HJ I see no one that they should have trouble with.. Just wish that they had their whole team playing. 6 games in three days is hard when you dont have a deap bench. Not saying they will win them all but they will not get blew out and wont be a eazy draw for any team ;)

Evadale played a great game. Dunnigan looked better then I have ever seen him play. With that said, if Dunnigan could keep his emotions in check, he'd do alot better. I do understand emotions run hot alot in the game, and he has gotten better at it, just keep working hard young man.  Kountze absolutely played as bad as I have ever seen.  Their guard hit some cluctch shots. McDaniel did not have a good offensive game.  Kountze needs a leader.  Not having Linn really hurts them. Good thing Kountze makes FT's. The officiating was not the best. tons of non calls on both sides, but 1st half fouls called were way in favor of Evadale, if Evadale had done better on FT's, I think they could have put this one out of reach.  Kountze worked really hard the last few minutes to take this one. They should work this hard the whole game. 

I was at the game D-ville and was simply offering an analysis of what I saw.I have given Evadale all the props,they have an excellent club and are lucky to have a perfect fit on the bench for this senior heavy club.Coach Williams does a great job.I am not a Kountze supporter but have saw them play 6 or 7 times this season as well as seeing Evadale play 3 times.The Rebels should build on this game but odds are Kountze would not have this type game again.Dunnigan had a super game but you are spot on about his emotions,you just gotta play the game.I gotta give props to #34 for Evadale who was put in a situational substitution role with about a minute left in the game and worked his assignment to perfection.Thats the kind of small plays that tell me how well coached a team really is and he pulled his assignment to perfection.True don't sleep on EC next week,they are very good this season and one of the toughest clubs around to beat at home.

Dont take me wrong I know that there will be alot of good teams in the EC tour. including EC I am just saying that with Evadale being the smallest school there they will not get blew out and should play everone there tuff. For the last few years they have not had a team that could play with any 2 or 3a clubs. And we know that Dunigan has got to keep his head in the games, he came home last night and was putting the lose totally on the fact he misted 2 inside 2 foot shoots.. After watching the film he had 19 points 21 boards 5 blocks 5 steals 6 assist but he still felt like he let the team down. He gets the maddest at himself for making mistakes he knowes he should not make, and some people take it as he is upset at someone else.

One player and 2 possessions never loses a game.The hardest thing for young players to learn is that it's a waste of time to slow down and argue a call when the official has already judged it to be a no-call.I'm gonna look at the EC bracket and see if I can make any educated predictions.

Tell Dunnigan, just keep working. Mental toughness will help in the long run. Those 2 missed shots did not cause the loss.  Being a Senior, he can show the underclassman his mental toughness, by not beating himself up. but by letting it go, and keep playing.  Trying to get players to learn this seems difficult, but should come as they mature.  College coaches love to see mental toughness with a good player. Been preaching this to my son, and he is getting better as he matures.

[quote name="True Blue" post="937592" timestamp="1293064083"]
I dont think a 3 game is needed at this point,but I can tell you all this much..Right now the Rebs are not scared to lace it up with anyone.. They are playing this next week at the EC tour. and are the only 1a team. [i]And other than HJ I see no one that they should have trouble with.. [/i] Just wish that they had their whole team playing. 6 games in three days is hard when you dont have a deap bench. Not saying they will win them all but they will not get blew out and wont be a eazy draw for any team ;)
[/quote]

I went over and looked at the EC tournament schedule and laughted so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. What planet are you on? Evadale will not win a pool game (LCM and New Waverly), I doubt they'll win a game (OK, maybe OF or HF if they meet up). Much like the HJ tournament...0-fer.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="937762" timestamp="1293117354"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=77853.msg937592#msg937592 date=1293064083]
I dont think a 3 game is needed at this point,but I can tell you all this much..Right now the Rebs are not scared to lace it up with anyone.. They are playing this next week at the EC tour. and are the only 1a team. [i]And other than HJ I see no one that they should have trouble with.. [/i] Just wish that they had their whole team playing. 6 games in three days is hard when you dont have a deap bench. Not saying they will win them all but they will not get blew out and wont be a eazy draw for any team ;)
[/quote]

I went over and looked at the EC tournament schedule and laughted so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. What planet are you on? Evadale will not win a pool game (LCM and New Waverly), I doubt they'll win a game (OK, maybe OF or HF if they meet up). Much like the HJ tournament...0-fer.

[/quote]
Tough draw for Evadale gonna be tough tournament to notch a win for the Rebels, however, good big game experience will help out later in the playoffs.

[quote name="whsalum" post="937778" timestamp="1293121622"]
I looked at the pool Evadale is in and it's brutal.They will have a tough tourney and will really have to play well to get a "W" in this one.This will probably be the last challenge they get until the playoffs start.Good luck Rebs.
[/quote] Whsalum i tell BS to play there JV team so the starter can rest. ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="937908" timestamp="1293149870"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=77853.msg937778#msg937778 date=1293121622]
I looked at the pool Evadale is in and it's brutal.They will have a tough tourney and will really have to play well to get a "W" in this one.This will probably be the last challenge they get until the playoffs start.Good luck Rebs.
[/quote] Whsalum i tell BS to play there JV team so the starter can rest. ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]I haven't seen BS yet this season CATMAN but the rest of the teams that I've seen outta that district have been waay down compared to years past.

[quote name="whsalum" post="937936" timestamp="1293155747"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=77853.msg937908#msg937908 date=1293149870]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=77853.msg937778#msg937778 date=1293121622]
[/quote]I haven't seen BS yet this season CATMAN but the rest of the teams that I've seen outta that district have been waay down compared to years past.
[/quote] BS is not down they are very young no senior on the starting 5. They good @ times and bad @ times.This is Evadale year but there last. ;D ;D ;D

Never said that this tour. was going to be eazy. But if they just wonted to put up wins they could have play a cup cake schedule, like Vidor. ;D They chose to play bigger faster teams to help them when they reach the playoffs. Look at who they are playing this year, not one school smaller all eather their size or bigger.. Do I think they can win this tour. ? NO .. but I do think they can play with most of these teams ?Yes They will not get embarrassed.. It will be a little harder playing without one of their starters, but  one of the younger guys will have to step up. Adversitys that do not kill you can only make you stronger ;) Come late Feb. I look for them to be one of the few area team still playing basketball.

The schedule will definitely help them down the road.I haven't looked at a playoff bracket or even any possibilities about who they could play if they win the district.Playoff basketball is ALL about matchups and you have to see who you're playing to know how you'll match up.Some matchups would favor them and some wouldn't.I'm definitely gonna try and check them out some at EC.

[quote name="True Blue" post="937951" timestamp="1293158997"]
Never said that this tour. was going to be eazy. But if they just wonted to put up wins they could have play a cup cake schedule, like Vidor. ;D They chose to play bigger faster teams to help them when they reach the playoffs. Look at who they are playing this year, not one school smaller all eather their size or bigger.. Do I think they can win this tour. ? NO .. but I do think they can play with most of these teams ?Yes They will not get embarrassed.. It will be a little harder playing without one of their starters, but  one of the younger guys will have to step up. Adversitys that do not kill you can only make you stronger ;) Come late Feb. I look for them to be one of the few area team still playing basketball.
[/quote]
its very hard to have a cupcake schedule when your a 1a ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124