Silsbee's Johnson tranfers to Lamar

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Silsbee-s-Johnson-transfers-to-Lamar-from-West-907120.php

Ouote from Woodard in article:

[b]I’m glad he’ll be here this spring,” coach Ray Woodard said. “It gives us time to fit our offense around him.”[/b]

I don't think you "fit" an offense around a reciever or defensive back. ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after 2 signing dates with 2 different schools we finally get to see if he can compete on the fcs level.  Lets hope so. Now with the addition of dpg we should be able to do something.  Hopefully we get some good lineman or have we become Navarro South.  Oh well spring will be here and we can see what we have got. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="935626" timestamp="1292679839"]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Silsbee-s-Johnson-transfers-to-Lamar-from-West-907120.php

Ouote from Woodard in article:

[b]I’m glad he’ll be here this spring,” coach Ray Woodard said. “It gives us time to fit our offense around him.”[/b]

I don't think you "fit" an offense around a reciever or defensive back. ;)
[/quote]I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from the article

[b]Johnson will compete with returning quarterbacks Doug Prewitt and Andre Bevil for the starting position[/b]. A primary focus for coaches will be to determine the best way for Johnson to impact the offense. Whether that means putting him at quarterback, running back or receiver remains to be seen.

Jeremy Johnson isn't being given anything but a shot to start at QB for Lamar.

[quote name="bigred360" post="935716" timestamp="1292694077"]
Quote from the article

[b]Johnson will compete with returning quarterbacks Doug Prewitt and Andre Bevil for the starting position[/b]. A primary focus for coaches will be to determine the best way for Johnson to impact the offense. Whether that means putting him at quarterback, running back or receiver remains to be seen.

[/quote]
ok........sure....... ;) :D

[quote name="the sports guy" post="935779" timestamp="1292709602"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=77760.msg935716#msg935716 date=1292694077]
Quote from the article

[/quote]
ok........sure....... ;) :D
[/quote]

They have to say that publicly.  Privately they are probably already drawing up plays for JJ.

Attitude matters.
Talent matters.
Work ethic matters.

Nothing else does.  Got more tattoos than Dennis Rodman?  As long as you listen to the coaches and work hard, I could care less.  Got more piercings than a punk band?  Same deal.  Be on time, put in the effort, put the team first, and I'm good with it.

I don't care if our starting QB has a crew cut, dreadlocks, no hair, orange hair, or Troy Polamalu hair.  I care if he has the talent to win games, a "team first" attitude, and the willingness to work to improve.  If he doesn't, I don't want him.  

The idea that we are good enough to be making arbitrary decisions about what a player should "look like" before we "allow" him on our roster is either asinine, naive, or both.  To be successful at our level, we're always going to need to be taking chances on guys who are a little short on ability (size, for example), who have had issues in the past, or who are looking for playing time after transferring.  To reject a guy with exceptional talent and *four* years of potential eligibility because his hairstyle doesn't meet someone's standards doesn't even deserve serious debate on this board.  

Welcome to LU, JJ.  

[quote name="Bruce" post="936679" timestamp="1292881545"]
Attitude matters.
Talent matters.
Work ethic matters.

Nothing else does.  Got more tattoos than Dennis Rodman?  As long as you listen to the coaches and work hard, I could care less.  Got more piercings than a punk band?  Same deal.  Be on time, put in the effort, put the team first, and I'm good with it.

I don't care if our starting QB has a crew cut, dreadlocks, no hair, orange hair, or Troy Polamalu hair.  I care if he has the talent to win games, a "team first" attitude, and the willingness to work to improve.  If he doesn't, I don't want him.  

The idea that we are good enough to be making arbitrary decisions about what a player should "look like" before we "allow" him on our roster is either asinine, naive, or both.  To be successful at our level, we're always going to need to be taking chances on guys who are a little short on ability (size, for example), who have had issues in the past, or who are looking for playing time after transferring.  To reject a guy with exceptional talent and *four* years of potential eligibility because his hairstyle doesn't meet someone's standards doesn't even deserve serious debate on this board.  

Welcome to LU, JJ.  
[/quote]

Very well said and I agree Bruce!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

I think JJ will be good if he works hard and will help us win but at the same time I don't think we fans shouldn't get too carried away just yet. He still hasn't seen the field in a college uniform yet. A lot of unknowns with him. Also Southeastern had a FBS quarterback and receiver transfer for them last year that didn't transfer to wins. Not saying this will happen here at all, just don't want to get to big headed for a recruit. We always seem to do this with basketball now football

[quote name="puddin tane" post="936613" timestamp="1292873088"]
Lu starts a qb with dreadlocks, they can have my tickets.
[/quote]

This got's to be the dumbest comment I have ever heard if JJ give's you the best chance to win the game you would be dumb not to start him no matter what his hair looks like.

So are you stereotyping everyone with dreadlocks as a gang banger? So is everyone with a shaved head a neo nazi? Must not let those players play either. And everyone over 230lbs is also representing the growing obesity problem in America. Can't let them play either. So who is left? This guy has no criminal record and is a great citizen. What's such a big idea about dreadlocks?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83