dayton broncos

[quote name="bronco pride" post="928701" timestamp="1291824551"]
Our defense kept us in that game we scored 3 points so what spectacular plays are you talking about.
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Herrera scrambled for a few first downs WHEN PRESSURED just as the La Marque QB did.  NO, he may not have matched the La Marque QB scramble for scramble but you're comparing apples and oranges here.  Had a few of the La Marque faithful after the game say that Dayton has a fiesty lil'QB that can make some plays.  Guess what, that's exactly what he is, a fiesty lil'QB, and he WINS GAMES.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="928710" timestamp="1291825419"]
You must have me mixed up with someone else about the playing at cowboy stadium thing. I knew when we played an athletic team that could man up on our receivers it would be tough for us to score. They stacked the line and dared ah to beat them it was smart on their part. He very rarely throws the ball downfield 90 percent of his passes are screens and passes behind the line of scrimmage and everybody in the stadium knew he couldnt beat you running the ball. Like i said in an earlier post look at lamarques qb and look at ours and if you dont see a huge talent difference then ohwell.
[/quote]
Haha, now you're talking about the play calling.  He kept several of the drives alive by scrambling, but he can't run the ball?  Again you're comparing apples and oranges and in the process talking bad on a 18 year old kid that works his butt off for his team.  Guess I'm not smart enough to grasp your concepts here.  Sorry.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="928710" timestamp="1291825419"]
Like i said in an earlier post look at lamarques qb and look at ours and if you dont see a [b]huge talent difference[/b] then ohwell.
[/quote]

there was a huge talent difference across the board and we were in that game. The offense came away with 3 points on 2 trips inside the 5 and that is not all on andreas. It's on the TEAM. Remember, Andreas threw a TD pass that went in and out of a wide open receiver's hands that would have changed the whole complexion of that game. Instead, the ball was stripped the next play.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="928791" timestamp="1291836213"]
Dont want to bust your bubble but lamarque gave up a ton of points this year. Friendswood hung 55 on that defense we saw out there and guess what friendswood had that we didnt.
[/quote]

you can say QB but they also had a HUGE O-line like always.

I'm gonna stop going back and forth.

You don't like our QB, most of us do. I get it.

Earlier in the year, someone called our (Bronco) defense "gimicky". They were wrong of course. They would have been more accurate, still not correct, but closer if they called the offense gimicky. The Broncos have run this spread offense for a long time now and make no mistake, I love watching it, but when you run a spread offense and only pass on average, 8 - 15 times a game (this year), you can't expect to be very proficient.

At the beginning of the season I noticed they were not committed to the pass but still committed to the spread. Everything was great once we got to district competition. We could run the ball anywhere we wanted and when we did pass, it was successful. But I said back then that when we got to the playoffs we were going to need a way to convert some 3rd and longs. Sure enough, we couldn't do it against the good defense of Lamarque.

All I'm saying, or asking actually, is the spread offense the right offense for our personnel? Not blaming any one player or coach. I won't go there. Just posing a question. And while we're asking, is it time for a defensive change too? The last 4 years we have been knocked out of post season by the same type of offenses. Is it time to go to a 4-3?

[quote name="dayton" post="928795" timestamp="1291836409"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=77151.msg928791#msg928791 date=1291836213]
Dont want to bust your bubble but lamarque gave up a ton of points this year. Friendswood hung 55 on that defense we saw out there and guess what friendswood had that we didnt.
[/quote]

[/quote]As the famous quote goes " You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want"

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="929191" timestamp="1291906988"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=77151.msg928795#msg928795 date=1291836409]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=77151.msg928791#msg928791 date=1291836213]
[/quote]

[/quote]As the famous quote goes " You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want"
[/quote]

I don't think I'd want bronco pride in my army, he can go back to his parade.

Lets let the coaches coach and the fans be fans. Not many of us  have the slightest knowledge of what goes on. We may think we do but we really dont. Coaches get paid to coach and I am sure they do not appreciate us as fans questioning every scheme they throw out on the field. WOULD YOU. I for one will stand up for Bronco coaches and the decisions weather I like them or not.  I'm just a fan

Dont get your feelings hurt just having a good conversation. I just look at our first three games against good opp. we had i beleive 1 touchdown pass without baldwin in the wildcat and jak we had no offense. Then we hit district and put up big numbers against not so good teams. Fast forward to LM another good athletic team and we put up 3points.

The Bronco coaching staff has always been very good at making the most of the talent they have. They're also one of the best at improving throughout the year. I don't think that any Bronco fan on this board or elsewhere would trade our coaching staff for any other in the state. [b]Including[/b] this Bronco fan.

But with that said, does it mean that we as fans, can never discuss the decisions, schemes, or any other workings of our local high school football team? There are some on this board that seem to want to hang any person who ever even so much as hints at the possibility that there may have been room for improvement. Trust coach Stu no matter what. Just sit in your seat and cheer for touchdowns like a good little subject. You are'nt allowed to talk X's and O's. That's blasphemy!

You think coach Stewart himself doesn't question his own decisions from time to time? Course he does. He's human like the rest of us. I wonder how many sleepless nights he had after the Sulphur Springs game wondering what he could have done differently, if anything. I'm sure he had a few.

Stewart and the staff he's assembled are the best thing that ever happened to Dayton Bronco football. Maybe even Dayton period. But let's please allow room for discussion. I'm quite sure he himself would want an open forum to discuss improvement. How else can he stay on top if not for looking within?

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="929325" timestamp="1291917596"]
The Bronco coaching staff has always been very good at making the most of the talent they have. They're also one of the best at improving throughout the year. I don't think that any Bronco fan on this board or elsewhere would trade our coaching staff for any other in the state. [b]Including[/b] this Bronco fan.

But with that said, does it mean that we as fans, can never discuss the decisions, schemes, or any other workings of our local high school football team? There are some on this board that seem to want to hang any person who ever even so much as hints at the possibility that there may have been room for improvement. Trust coach Stu no matter what. Just sit in your seat and cheer for touchdowns like a good little subject. You are'nt allowed to talk X's and O's. That's blasphemy!

You think coach Stewart himself doesn't question his own decisions from time to time? Course he does. He's human like the rest of us. I wonder how many sleepless nights he had after the Sulphur Springs game wondering what he could have done differently, if anything. I'm sure he had a few.

Stewart and the staff he's assembled are the best thing that ever happened to Dayton Bronco football. Maybe even Dayton period. But let's please allow room for discussion. I'm quite sure he himself would want an open forum to discuss improvement. How else can he stay on top if not for looking within?

[/quote]

That's a good post....

Just for clarity's sake, the only thing I'm taking exception to is throwing 1 kid under the bus for a loss. Nothing more.

[quote name="bronco1" post="929399" timestamp="1291924504"]
Not me, I'm drinking the purple kool-aid. Stay off our QB and the Coaches as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote]

Well said, let the coaches coach and let the talkers talk.  If you have a child in Jerry Stewart's program then you know exactly what I mean.

"Just for clarity's sake, the only thing I'm taking exception to is throwing 1 kid under the bus for a loss. Nothing more."

I've been following the whole thread and I totally got that. I certainly don't condone singling out any one player or coach either. Actually it's against forum rules anyway isn't it? (I've never actually read them)

I drink the Kool aid as well. Mine is just sugar free.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="929440" timestamp="1291927259"]
"Just for clarity's sake, the only thing I'm taking exception to is throwing 1 kid under the bus for a loss. Nothing more."

I've been following the whole thread and I totally got that. I certainly don't condone singling out any one player or coach either. [b]Actually it's against forum rules anyway isn't it? (I've never actually read them) [/b]
[/quote]
;)

bashing is.... i wouldn't necessarily label anything said as bashing though.

[quote name="oldrock" post="929408" timestamp="1291925329"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=77151.msg929399#msg929399 date=1291924504]
Not me, I'm drinking the purple kool-aid. Stay off our QB and the Coaches as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote]

Well said, let the coaches coach and let the talkers talk.  If you have a child in Jerry Stewart's program then you know exactly what I mean.
[/quote]
I don't have a child in Jerry Stewart's program and never will. Maybe a grandchild hopefully.  ;) So what can we talkers (the vast majority of Bronco fans without kids playing) talk about? Oh wait, I know the answer; everything but any coaching decision made by the Bronco staff. I guess I can live with that.  ;D

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="929453" timestamp="1291928024"]
[quote author=oldrock link=topic=77151.msg929408#msg929408 date=1291925329]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=77151.msg929399#msg929399 date=1291924504]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't have a child in Jerry Stewart's program and never will. Maybe a grandchild hopefully.  ;) So what can we talkers (the vast majority of Bronco fans without kids playing) talk about? Oh wait, I know the answer; everything but any coaching decision made by the Bronco staff. I guess I can live with that.  ;D

[/quote][b]I don't have a child in Jerry Stewart's program and never will[/b] Me either... All though I have 2 in the high school, but not sports *sigh* "I BELIEVE" in my best MLK voice,,(which isn't very good considering ima girl  ;D ) The Broncos will soon be playing for them rings. * hoping that was some what politically correct*  ;) Yall so funny some times.. even that annoying smokin baby.  8)

[quote name="dayton" post="929445" timestamp="1291927594"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=77151.msg929440#msg929440 date=1291927259]

I've been following the whole thread and I totally got that. I certainly don't condone singling out any one player or coach either. [b]Actually it's against forum rules anyway isn't it? (I've never actually read them) [/b]
[/quote]
;)

[/quote]

And that is what gives this board the bad name it has - the allowed trashing of the Dayton QB on this board is appalling - but is was not bashing, I see......Geez.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="929582" timestamp="1291938322"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=77151.msg929445#msg929445 date=1291927594]

[/quote]
;)

[/quote]

And that is what gives this board the bad name it has - the allowed trashing of the Dayton QB on this board is appalling - but is was not bashing, I see......Geez.
[/quote]
You dont like..........Dont read ;) :o ;D

[quote name="fwstangs" post="929582" timestamp="1291938322"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=77151.msg929445#msg929445 date=1291927594]

[/quote]
;)

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not a value added post ;D ;D

dayton qb has done a great job and will be better next year because of his experience.  spoiled rotten fans say things about a 16 year old who has been great in the position that is the hardest to play.  some may have never had a jock on, much less played the game. some sound like old barbers hill fans from years ago.  get behind stewart, coaches, and players and be proud that the broncos are successful state wide.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder