Great Tournament Field @ HJ

I just looked at the pools for the HJ Marathon Tournament and all I can say is WOW! Whichever team comes out of this one as the winner will have to be considered to do well this season.

Evadale has a stout pool with Dayton (4A) Cayuga (last years 1A Division 1 state champions), Hardin-Jefferson (3A) and the Rebels. The team will have to play through a difficult couple of days, but like playing Kountze for the Evadale Tournament championship, you can only get better playing and competiting against good competition.

Looking forward to seeing how the Rebel progress in this early part of the season. Good luck Rebels!

The other pools are just about as stacked as the Rebels so like I said the it you leave HJ with any hardward then you'll have a great accomplishment on your hands.

See you at the gym!   

Thursday:

GYM 1 GYM 2_________________

9:30        Legacy v. LC-M Anahuac v. Tatum
11:00      Barbers Hill v. Krum Crockett v. Kountze
12:30      East Chambers v. Aransas Pass Lumberton v. Bullard
2:00        Hardin-Jefferson v. Dayton Evadale v. Cayuga
3:30     LC-M v. Anahuac Tatum v. Legacy
5:00     Kountze v. Barbers Hill Krum v. Crockett
6:30     Bullard v. East Chambers Aransas Pass v. Lumberton
8:00     Cayuga v. Hardin-Jefferson Dayton v. Evadale

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="927613" timestamp="1291670567"]
Can't help but get amped up about the pre-season matchup between 2A #2 Crockett and Kountze on Thursday!
[/quote]Should be a good game.....Crockett's #50 (Anatonio Chimney) is a beast down low....Crockett plays up tempo.

[quote name="no-look" post="927933" timestamp="1291728610"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=77122.msg927613#msg927613 date=1291670567]
Can't help but get amped up about the pre-season matchup between 2A #2 Crockett and Kountze on Thursday!
[/quote]Should be a good game.....Crockett's #50 (Anatonio Chimney) is a beast down low....Crockett plays up tempo.
[/quote]

Has Crockett, or will Crockett encounter the wrath of the Gestapo this year?

I must say again the quality of teams in the HJ tournament is outstanding. I grew up in Fort Worth and during the holidays the FWISD and the Optimist Club put on a great tournament that I believe still goes on today. Evan back in the mid 70's they were getting teams for LA and NY to come and play as well as having the great Dunbar teams coached Robert Hughes and of course Dallas South Oak Cliff was a regular. So seeing the kinds of teams that are coming to HJ is a real treat for basketball fans.

Good luck to all the teams that will be participating!

[quote name="stevenash" post="927965" timestamp="1291733616"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=77122.msg927933#msg927933 date=1291728610]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=77122.msg927613#msg927613 date=1291670567]
[/quote]

Has Crockett, or will Crockett encounter the wrath of the Gestapo this year?
[/quote]

Is it safe to assume that you're on TexasHoops with this 'Gestapo' stuff?

[quote name="utfan06" post="928000" timestamp="1291737621"]
If they have a guy thats a "beast" down low than we might be in trouble...
[/quote] That is deffidently going to be a weak spot for the Lions. They shot a tremendous % from the 3 point line the other night, but if they happen to be off on any night, a team with a strong inside game will be hard for them to handle. They are fast and shoot the 3 very well but they are weak on the boards with very little inside game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Fly-out to RF ends the inning.  3 outs for a trip to the regional finals/state quarterfinals.     Chester up 11-8.  Brookeland coming to the plate with 2-3-4.
    • Nicholls as you all likely know must lose to McNeese tomorrow for Lamar to be the out right conference champion. That is what most of us want to see.   With that said here's an odd scenario that could happen. There are 3 games left in conference play as Northwestern is playing out of conference and 2 of the 4 series are complete.  The aforementioned Nicholls vs McNeese and 2 games in the UIW and HCU series are left to play. If Nicholls wins and UIW spilts with HCU there will be a 4 way tie for 5th. McNeese, Southeastern. Corpus, and UIW would all sit at 10-14.  No idea on the conference tie breaker for tournament seeds. Truly wish the conference had a better website that already stated this as well as the tiebreaker scenario.  It has been one fun season and see you all in Hammond Wednesday. Well, some of you. Go Cards!! Uncle Spidey...you da man!!!  Snakehead, thanks for the updates.  Everyone else, have a great summer and enjoy what's left of the college baseball season. 
    • K for Chester to lead off.  Great diving catch in CF by Coulter for Brookeland for out 2.
    • Getting heated with the coaches for Brookeland and the umps.  I’m not quite sure what is going on.  Brookeland coaches contending the fans are cheering too loud.  
    • Yeah… I was on a jury for a custody modification where the dad was accused of being inappropriate with the child by mom. Law enforcement wasn’t involved. The first thing one of the jurors said when we began deliberating was “I’m sorry… but they (the dad’s counsel) didn’t prove that he didn’t do it.”  Were you even listening to the instructions?
  • Topics