Silsbee better this year or last year??

They have a TON of potential but will really have to develope to beat last years group which was pretty special.They had size,speed and shooters.This group is gonna be very good but will beat people in a completely different way.They are scary deep which is their biggest strength other than DC.

Does their coach use the platoon method and sub 5 in and out regularly?  Are they better shooting this year than last?  I know they arent as tall, but in 3AAA one big can do alot of damage.  Compared to Cleveland and Hardin Jefferson are  they smaller or bigger?  Just curious, I havent seen any of them play.

[quote name="whsalum" post="927798" timestamp="1291689347"]
They have a TON of potential but will really have to develope to beat last years group which was pretty special.They had size,speed and shooters.This group is gonna be very good but will beat people in a completely different way.They are scary deep which is their biggest strength other than DC.
[/quote]

I can't argue with your analysis but I did feel our outside shooting was lacking a little last year.  We should have a little more this year.

[quote name="ST413" post="927875" timestamp="1291697985"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=77115.msg927798#msg927798 date=1291689347]
[/quote]

I can't argue with your analysis but I did feel our outside shooting was lacking a little last year.  We should have a little more this year.
[/quote]I think the kds name that I was so impressed with shooting last years name was Hill.He was quick as a cat and could pull up and bust a beautiful long range jumper.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="927802" timestamp="1291689657"]
Does their coach use the platoon method and sub 5 in and out regularly?  Are they better shooting this year than last?  I know they arent as tall, but in 3AAA one big can do alot of damage.  Compared to Cleveland and Hardin Jefferson are  they smaller or bigger?  Just curious, I havent seen any of them play.
[/quote]He doesn't platoon a complete team but plays 10 or 11 players.He plays Stallworth all he can( I don't blame him a bit for that).They shoot the ball well but are gonna score more of the defensive pressure this year than last.HJ isn't real big this year so that's about an even match.Cleveland is probably bigger overall than the Tigers or the Hawks.

If Clevelands low post player is healthy, he was probably 6'5" and was developing in to a real nice player.I didn't get to check out the YMBL this weekend but I think he is healthy and playing.They had a couple of more guards who were probably 6'2.HJ has one post player hurt who is probably their tallest player.Persohn for HJ is probably 6'2 and Prudhomme I'm guessing 6'3".Persohn plays bigger than his heighth and Prudhomme plays more on the perimeter than in the paint.

[quote name="whsalum" post="927879" timestamp="1291698244"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=77115.msg927875#msg927875 date=1291697985]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=77115.msg927798#msg927798 date=1291689347]
[/quote]

[/quote]I think the kds name that I was so impressed with shooting last years name was Hill.He was quick as a cat and could pull up and bust a beautiful long range jumper.
[/quote]

Hill did develop an outside shot last year but it was a set shot.  On the move he always went to the basket.  Lane who we return and Gaines could shoot ouside on the move but Lane didn't have a real good year shooting last yer.  This year has started a little better.

[quote name="whsalum" post="927887" timestamp="1291698968"]
If Clevelands low post player is healthy, he was probably 6'5" and was developing in to a real nice player.I didn't get to check out the YMBL this weekend but I think he is healthy and playing.They had a couple of more guards who were probably 6'2.HJ has one post player hurt who is probably their tallest player.Persohn for HJ is probably 6'2 and Prudhomme I'm guessing 6'3".Persohn plays bigger than his heighth and Prudhomme plays more on the perimeter than in the paint.
[/quote]

We have stallworth at 6'4 and Harris at 6'1 or 6'2.  Then we have Lane and reserve Barclay at 6'2 at  guards or forwards.  Then not much as far as  height. We will match up pretty well with HJ and not too bad with Cleveland in that aspect I believe.  The question comes when we run into a team like we or Madison was last year, how will we handle that big of a difference. At that point let us Tiger fans hope that speed kills.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed