Coldspring vs. Wimberley Semi Final Predictions?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="925886" timestamp="1291488158"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=77014.msg925869#msg925869 date=1291486304]
[quote author=Chs96 link=topic=77014.msg925828#msg925828 date=1291482955]
By the stats look as if there defense gives up alot of yardage. If this is the case coldspring will have another lights out game. Trojans by 8
[/quote]

The best I can find on them: PA : 274......Avg : give up 19 points per game

*Rushing...#19 Lambert...931 yards

Team total Passing.........2,240   Yds..

* no team total on rushing..

Coldspring Coaches I'm sure already know this.... ;)

[/quote]

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=77022.0
[/quote]

Good job on the stats Grad...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="925885" timestamp="1291488033"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77014.msg925881#msg925881 date=1291487430]
Wimberly is definetly a good team, shown by beating navarro and cuero twice in the same year. I hope and think we will win this one, but only if we have the mindset and focus that we did when we were preparing for kville. 35-24 coldsprings.
[/quote]

CHS I would smite you for keeping on about Kville...But your avatar looks so much like George Bush I hate to smite a fellow Texan... :D ;)
[/quote]

I'm not trying to keep on about kville. I thought you could take it as a compliment. I'm just saying we can't look past wimberly, cus I know we sure as hell weren't overlooking yall when we played yall, and I feel like the week of practice before, we were probably having our best practices of the year as far as effort and focus were concerned. :) :) :)

Wimberley......Team Stats

Total yards    First downs        Rushing yards    Yds/Att        Passing yards    Yds/Catch
  5583              256                  3269            6.32            2314              17.53

Player Stats 

Passing
Name                Comp Att            Pct              Yds          TD        INT
Brady Lambert    131-227            57.7              2275          14          5

Rushing
Name                    Att                  Yds                  Yds/Att                TD
Trinity Wilson          141                  1083                    7.68                  17 
Brady Lambert        175                  927                    5.3                    21 
Dennis Smith          109                  720                    6.61                  16 

I completely agree with Chs, preparation for kville was the best we have had. Everyone was concentrated on that game because we knew the importance of the win and i think everyone will feel the same about Wimberley. So assuming practice goes well i predict a 42-20 win for coldspring. STATE BOUND!!  :o :o :o

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="925885" timestamp="1291488033"]
Wimberly is definetly a good team, shown by beating navarro and cuero twice in the same year. I hope and think we will win this one, but only if we have the mindset and focus that we did when we were preparing for kville. 35-24 coldsprings.
[/quote]

CHS I would smite you for keeping on about Kville...But your avatar looks so much like George Bush I hate to smite a fellow Texan... :D ;)
[/quote]

Also, my avatar is Joe Biden with cornrows. ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="chs11" post="926007" timestamp="1291496746"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=77014.msg925885#msg925885 date=1291488033]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Also, my avatar is Joe Biden with cornrows. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

good one.. ;)  Kirbyville is pulling for you guys.....

[quote name="rmac" post="926682" timestamp="1291560938"]
Here an article I found about the Wimberley QB.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberly-qb-on-brand-new-journey-down-familiar-1092007.html
[/quote]

Brady is a very good QB and an excellent team leader. It is a testament to the depth of this team that when they lost their star RB Dennis Smith earlier this year, other players emerged to fill the void and the team continued to win.

I think this game will be hard fought and the team with the better defense and least amount of penalties and turnovers will win. Both teams will capitalize on any advantage given. One thing about Wimberley is that they tend to get stronger as the game goes on and pile on the points. Their game against Sealy early in the season was their toughest, and this game shouldn't be much different.

So as one who has watched and rooted for Wimberley all season, I will hope for our boys to win but make no predictions, since it seems like a pretty even match of very strong teams. 

I'm not sure if any of you have noticed, but last night watching the Big 12 championship game I noticed that Cody Cummings and Rex Burkhead are a lot alike.  Their running styles are very much.  I have seen Burkhead run in games before, but last night it was really evident.  They are both very hard nosed runners.  

[quote name="rmac" post="926682" timestamp="1291560938"]
Here an article I found about the Wimberley QB.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberly-qb-on-brand-new-journey-down-familiar-1092007.html
[/quote]
I read this article it was very interesting.  I was shocked he was a big time linebacker for Aledo.  I'm sure he don't mind lowering his head and letting someone have it.  I think this going to be a great game.  I hope we can make it to Dallas so I can go watch.  I have work during this one.  I plan to go watch practice tomorrow though to see how focused we are.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="925798" timestamp="1291480745"]
Wimberley is a team that can be moved on (they allow about 340 yd per game).  Where the Texans make their living is staying away from mistakes while forcing turnovers.  They have a +21 turnover ratio this season (37 takeaways, 16 giveaways).

If the Trojans can hang on to the ball, they will win this game.  I think they can. Trojans by 14.
[/quote]

The defensive stats in this case are deceiving as Wimberley returned 3 players from season long injuries very late in the year who are VERY strong defensive contributors. Two who can certainly perform at the all-district level and one who is a Dave Campbells preseason 1st team all-state selection (not Smith). The defense is starting to click at just the right time and you can pretty much throw out the season stats.

It also took a while for the defense to adjust to losing a tremendous LB who was certainly having an all-state type of season.

It should be a great game…..

[quote name="Lefty99" post="925648" timestamp="1291439241"]
After a no let down performance tonight by Coldspring I will stick to my guns and say they win this one too.  They are very hot right now.
[/quote]

I would agree.  Go Trojans!!!  Athens, nice try.  My hats off to Kirbyville though!!!  You were fierce competition but showed much class.  Props to you, Kirbyville and thanks for your support. 

[quote name="cdoggett" post="928077" timestamp="1291744768"]
I dont know if anybody can stop Cummings and Gilbert... Im just sayin!!!
[/quote]

Anyone can be stopped, however, it hasn't happened yet....I think Huffman did the best job of stuffing the run and limiting big plays... But after they pulled within 2 pts (late in the game) they went and inexplicably kicked the ball directly to Gilbert (on the kickoff) and he took it up the middle virtually untouched for a TD that put the game away...

Kirbyville played well against the run until they wore down in the second half...

Cummings and Gilbert will be hard to slow down....If Coldspring continues to play good D they're going to be a tough out regardless of who they play...

The WOS program is really respected in Wimberley from the 2005 playoff game.  After that game Wimberley fans knew we had seen two players (Thomas and Beasley) who would be  playing on Saturday and probably Sunday nights.  Wimberley fans also hurt with you at the loss of Reggie Garrett.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder