Is Hj's "Zjori Bosha" The Best Freshman in our area??

Betrayed

[quote name="cbosha" post="960104" timestamp="1296684291"]
Dove where do you kids compare in all of this? You are so worried about Bosha, throw out stats for your boys then we can talk about Bosha. There will always be someone better than someone else. And for the record, he has played against players all over Texas. Before the season started he was ranked #52 (based on his 8th grade stats). I'm sure by now that number has gone down. Who cares who the best freshman is anywhere? He just goes out and plays he game without comparing himself to others. Either you like him, or you don't. Either you like his game, or you don't. If you like him fine and if you don't, hey that's fine too. Trust we are not losing sleep in the Bosha household. As a matter of fact he will be traveling to Pennsylvania this summer to play with some of the best in the nation! Dang! The kid is 14. Back off!!! CONCENTRATE ON YOURS, THEN MAYBE WE CAN DISCUSS MINE.
[/quote]I'm not saying anything about your son. My point is this: It don't matter wgat

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="960109" timestamp="1296684358"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76916.msg960098#msg960098 date=1296683832]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg960069#msg960069 date=1296681961]

Dove- If I gave you these stats for a freshman, what would you think?

7.9 pts per game:
36% field goal percentage
25% from three point range
41% for two pointers
2.1 assists per game
2.8 rebounds per game
104 turnovers in 30 games
[/quote]Hmmm? What would I think? His turnovers just about negate his assists and ppg
[/quote]  I was only curious because they belong to Mr. Day
[/quote]Sorry guys, Day plays in the toughest district in Texas as a Freshman. Bad comparison. He palys against some of the best players. Big-ggggg Difference.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="960324" timestamp="1296703220"]
[quote author=cbosha link=topic=76916.msg960104#msg960104 date=1296684291]
Dove where do you kids compare in all of this? You are so worried about Bosha, throw out stats for your boys then we can talk about Bosha. There will always be someone better than someone else. And for the record, he has played against players all over Texas. Before the season started he was ranked #52 (based on his 8th grade stats). I'm sure by now that number has gone down. Who cares who the best freshman is anywhere? He just goes out and plays he game without comparing himself to others. Either you like him, or you don't. Either you like his game, or you don't. If you like him fine and if you don't, hey that's fine too. Trust we are not losing sleep in the Bosha household. As a matter of fact he will be traveling to Pennsylvania this summer to play with some of the best in the nation! Dang! The kid is 14. Back off!!! CONCENTRATE ON YOURS, THEN MAYBE WE CAN DISCUSS MINE.
[/quote]I'm not saying anything about your son. My point is this: It don't matter wgat
[/quote]Can anyone tell me why Dove is getting picked on with this thread?

He hasn't said anything bad about Bosha (at least not on these forums)
He's getting chastised for giving his opinion on a thread that asks for peoples opinions on whether Bosha is the best Freshman.

Now, I disagree with Dove on........ well, nearly everything.  But that doesn't mean I need to jump him for disagreeing.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="960344" timestamp="1296703909"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76916.msg960324#msg960324 date=1296703220]

He's getting chastised for giving his opinion on a thread that asks for peoples opinions on whether Bosha is the best Freshman.

Now, I disagree with Dove on........ well, nearly everything.  But that doesn't mean I need to jump him for disagreeing.
[/quote]  No picking on Dove- we mutually employ these methods on a regular basis

Now, I disagree with Dove on........ well, nearly everything.  But that doesn't mean I need to jump him for disagreeing.
[/quote]

Just the principle of messing with DaDove!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="960329" timestamp="1296703395"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg960109#msg960109 date=1296684358]

7.9 pts per game:
41% for two pointers
2.1 assists per game
2.8 rebounds per game
[/quote]Hmmm? What would I think? His turnovers just about negate his assists and ppg
[/quote]  I was only curious because they belong to Mr. Day
[/quote]Sorry guys, Day plays in the toughest district in Texas as a Freshman. Bad comparison. He palys against some of the best players. Big-ggggg Difference.
[/quote]  The toughest district?  How would one confirm such an assertion?  Just read where Marshall lost the first game of the season to Galveston Ball by 100-69, so when considering Silsbees results with same team, am very confused.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="960329" timestamp="1296703395"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg960109#msg960109 date=1296684358]

7.9 pts per game:
41% for two pointers
2.1 assists per game
2.8 rebounds per game
[/quote]  I was only curious because they belong to Mr. Day
[/quote]Sorry guys, Day plays in the toughest district in Texas as a Freshman.[color=red] Bad comparison. He palys against some of the best players. Big-ggggg Difference.[/color]
[/quote]I agree c'mon guys

[/quote] :D

23-5A Travis High- one player committed to Iowa. Harrison twins- can go to any MAJOR D-1 college  they  desire
Bush: defending State Champs..again Major D-1 talent. And I ain't talking about SFA, McNeese, etc.
Hightower
Dulles
whew-wwww!
Elkins...oh let me stop. I could go on. Tough district

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="960324" timestamp="1296703220"]
[/quote]Dove...suppose you should SAY nothing. This is not a pi$$ing contest. And I am certainly not interested in being a crab in the bucket nor am I interested in throwing rocks to see who's playing in the farthest state.....Dove's boys, especially Dove III have played all over the nation. I wish every kid had the opportunity to see what's really out there beyond the Texas's 4 walls.  In the big picture...Dove's household's eye is mostly on national and international competition not just on what lies in the our local district lines. And from what I have seen out there...DOVE and his boys have a lot of work to do. So...if you are looking for a fight....you won't find it here. Besides...your son's stats are certainly more impressive than Lil Doves...so relish in it!

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="960409" timestamp="1296708947"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=76916.msg960129#msg960129 date=1296685138]
Just to throw my 2 cents in, as far as local freshmen go, I'll take Bosha over Hunter. ;)
[/quote]Two cents is about all your comment was worth.
[/quote]

But it's two cents more than yours. ;) ;D

Well I have met Mr Bosha a few times, he and Prudhomme always take time to come watch younger family play Little Dribblers (I might add ALL of the kids get a big kick out of it) if he plays HALF as classy as he carries himself during a normal day he has my vote.

I would be willing to bet if we got a fantasy league of LOCAL freshman talent going, Bosha would be the #1 pick...just my I.O.U... I have four sons so I dont have 2cents to spare...LOL

The thing that impresses me the most about Mr. Bosha is a special ability of his.  I am not speaking of running, shooting,dribbling, passing, jumping, etc.  I refer to his ability/willingness to adapt to the system that his school/coaches prescribe.  I consider that a serious ingredient in the talent/ability appraisals.  He probably isnt the fastest guy, probably isn't a fantastic
one on one player(not yet) and may not jump the highest.  At the same time, I believe he has a very high basketball intellect(fully grasps the team concept) and is one of a few who believes that if he "plays within himself" it may not be as exciting to watch to some, but it will help him to, over time, become a very special player.  The great majority of his on court decisions are very good and he has very few turnovers. I just happen to believe there is a lot more to this than ones ability to "shake and bake" and "look" impressive when you play.  Few appreciate his ability to get his hands on numerous passes by the opposition because it doesnt show up in the stats.  His attitude and his desire to improve give him an edge over a lot of players.  Ray Allen has NO individual moves and isn't going to beat ANY of his defenders one on one.  At the same time, I can't count how many games he has won for the Celtics by adapting to their system and applying his strengths to situations prescribed by the coaches.  Allen Iverson had all kinds of "great moves" and drew many Oohs and Ahhs but never won a championship and got traded numerous times. I think Mr. Bosha is on a very good path and believe there are plenty of rewards for same in the future.  Good luck to him.

[quote name="stevenash" post="960479" timestamp="1296743168"]
The thing that impresses me the most about Mr. Bosha is a special ability of his.  I am not speaking of running, shooting,dribbling, passing, jumping, etc.  I refer to his ability/willingness to adapt to the system that his school/coaches prescribe.  I consider that a serious ingredient in the talent/ability appraisals.  He probably isnt the fastest guy, probably isn't a fantastic
one on one player(not yet) and may not jump the highest.  At the same time, I believe he has a very high basketball intellect(fully grasps the team concept) and is one of a few who believes that if he "plays within himself" it may not be as exciting to watch to some, but it will help him to, over time, become a very special player.  The great majority of his on court decisions are very good and he has very few turnovers. I just happen to believe there is a lot more to this than ones ability to "shake and bake" and "look" impressive when you play.  Few appreciate his ability to get his hands on numerous passes by the opposition because it doesnt show up in the stats.  His attitude and his desire to improve give him an edge over a lot of players.  Ray Allen has NO individual moves and isn't going to beat ANY of his defenders one on one.  At the same time, I can't count how many games he has won for the Celtics by adapting to their system and applying his strengths to situations prescribed by the coaches.  Allen Iverson had all kinds of "great moves" and drew many Oohs and Ahhs but never won a championship and got traded numerous times. I think Mr. Bosha is on a very good path and believe there are plenty of rewards for same in the future.  Good luck to him.
[/quote]well said

[/quote]And I agree.

[/quote]Such a politician. :D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="960509" timestamp="1296745012"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76916.msg960479#msg960479 date=1296743168]
[/quote]Such a politician. :D
[/quote]Just trying to emulate a guy I know/admire who will be involved in the 2012 State Championships.

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="961223" timestamp="1296865703"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=76916.msg960430#msg960430 date=1296711318]
Disclaimer

(my last two comments were to get a rise out of a certain few, no harm) ;D
[/quote]Disclaimer. ..VOID. The response was to me...not a few. But that's okay...I happen to love Lazeek a whole lot more: )
[/quote]Yall can settle this @ Silsbee  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami