C.E. King at Barbers Hill Predictions

From the Baytown Sun.

Barbers Hill

The Eagles have been perfect up to this point, with an 8-0 record. Finishing up the season undefeated will not be without challenges, as the Hill will close the season out with C.E. King and Galena Park. First up for Barbers Hill will be a King team which was picked by many to win the district but have fallen short of that goal with three district losses.

The Panthers have lost all three of their games by less than a touchdown and will bring an explosive offense into the contest to match up with the strength of the Eagle team, the defense.

“All eleven players on the defensive unit have to play well,†BH head coach Don Price said. “Everyone will have to know what their role is. They run a double slot option attack. We got a little preparation last week against Huffman but King has been running it for years. They can move the ball and we have to have a good effort.â€

Barbers Hill expects to be bolstered by the return of quarterback Blake Patton who sat out last week’s win over Huffman due to an injury. The Eagles did not miss a beat as Chris Bradshaw stepped in with a couple of touchdown passes.

“We didn’t lose our intensity last week which can happen when you play a team you expect to beat,†Price said. “The kids rallied around Chris. It was good in the respect that we didn’t come out and mess around.

“It looks like Blake will be able to play this week. He is throwing the ball well and he is moving around well. We just need to practice every day with the intention of getting better.â€

Hey 34's Dad sorry if have to work. That is all jacked up but you have to EAT. I know you like watching that little red head play as do the rest of us fans. I too will miss this one because of work. My schedule is clear for a long run through the play-offs though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Sure would be nice to play a game after Turkey day and get a Win but I'm sure our friends to the east will have a little something to say about that. :D:D:D

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/sports/hs/topstories/4298196.html

The link above is an article on Huffman vs.Crosby game. But I though BH folks would like to read Crosby Coach Flanigan comments about their BH lose.

"I don't know if the loss to Barbers Hill is something I can put my finger on or not," he said. "I believe the difference was two plays in the game. We could have beaten them, but we knew going in we could play with anybody. The past couple weeks we have proved that."

I hope Dayton kills Crosby in th first round. BH should have whooped Crosby by 21 + they didn't even threaten in the game!!

I know this off subject ,but I just had to post

Hey 34's Dad sorry if have to work. That is all jacked up but you have to EAT. I know you like watching that little red head play as do the rest of us fans. I too will miss this one because of work. My schedule is clear for a long run through the play-offs though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Sure would be nice to play a game after Turkey day and get a Win but I'm sure our friends to the east will have a little something to say about that. :D:D:D

Makes me proud that others enjoy his play as much as I do. He's really geting that Rover position down pretty good I think. And yeah it would be sweet to make it deep into the playoffs. I'm clear for at least 4 more weeks after this. If it goes longer than that I'll just have to figure something out. I heard Little Nuggett is hiring. ;) .... Theyd probably make me work nights too though. OK the game.... Watching Blake in practice here lately, his throws are looking really good. Alot more accurate and not floating them. He and the rest of the offense are getting it all to come together at the right time. Rainey has been back for a few weeks now on the O Line... Peterson, the soph. center, played well last week. I just feel the Defense has been there and still getting better. Offense is getting alot more consistant . I guess I'm not telling yall anything you havnt seen.... good luck BH!!!!

Guest PurplePride

:wink: Not really a smack talker at all......but I am with you on watching Dayton beat Crosby...........it is just in the blood! We WANT IT SO BAD! You guys take care of business on your end...and we will do what we can on our end! :D

GO BRONCOS! :D

GO EAGLES! :D

hey 34's dad, I have another bit of info that might make you feel good. I'm not going to say who, but I was told your son may end up being one of the best rovers we've had. Tell him to keep it up.

These are some good kids we have this year, they are all hard workers. They deserve everything they get, and more. I don't think we've had as tight a group since 1999. Keep it up Eagles!

Go Eagles!

:D Thats a BIG 10-4. This group reminds me alot of the 99 group.

Speaking of that group where is that rb you'all had from that team doing? Was his name Jacob White?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont