**Hardin-Jefferson at Nederland BROADCAST**

Lazeek

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="917896" timestamp="1290575192"]
ah-hhhh! ;D I'm going to sleep good tonite!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
I already posted this once but it's not appearing - I will sleep well as well tonight because HJ was without some starters and it isn't a district game.  That being said, congrats to Big Ned on their win and good luck to both teams on the rest of their seasons. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I don't care about anyones history or whatever. I'm just saying based off tonight, the one time I have seen them this year, they are not good enough to compete for a trip to Austin. That's my opinion. Maybe these hurt players I keep hearing about will make a big difference but I really don't think they will be enough. I think Silsbee will take the district and HJ will lose in the regional semis or before. Sorry to hurt anyones feelings but they didn't look good to me tonight.

Basing the season off tonights game. Wow!!!!  After friday night against kountze everything was great and a few days later the team "has some work to do" and "isnt good enough for state". Write this down. HJ will make a deep playoff run whther you guys like it or not. Basing their season on one road game against a good team. What a joke!!!

Like I have previously said both teams benefit from this game win or lose.  Both teams were without starters, Forney with hand injury and Pitts playing time was cut way down due to being sick.  It was a good game.  Nederlands depth and much improved defense was too much.  Both teams when healthy should go far this year.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="917959" timestamp="1290603500"]
Like I have previously said both teams benefit from this game win or lose.  Both teams were without starters, Forney with hand injury and Pitts playing time was cut way down due to being sick.  It was a good game.  Nederlands depth and much improved defense was too much.  Both teams when healthy should go far this year.
[/quote]Yeah, this game will benefit both teams.  Nederland has a solid offense.  I know they missed more 3 pointers than they usually do, and when Forney comes back, they'll be a contender.

HJ had an offnight.  Its true they won't have a star that can carry the team on his back, like they have in the past, but they are going to be all right.  The key to how far HJ goes is with Anderson, the injured center.  G Sutherland will be back in a couple of weeks and give us an outside game, which will open up a few other things on offense.  The Freshman will continue to mature.  The kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is willing to learn, but he's prepared to play varsity.  Gus will be rock solid at guard, especially in a couple more weeks as he reconditions for basketball.  I liked Person's 10-15ft. jump shot.  He has a nice touch.  And Sean P will certainly not off nights like he did tonight (although Nederland gets a lot of credit for getting him out of the game).

But Anderson getting back to 100%, or as close as possible, will be the key to the Hawks play-off run.

Guest speechless
[quote]Not sure how good the hurt players are but I don't think they are good enough for state though.[/quote]

[quote]I'm just saying based off tonight, the one time I have seen them this year, they are not good enough to compete for a trip to Austin[/quote]

how could anyone from Nederland know what a team good enough to go to state looks like? :o

2 can play that game

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="917915" timestamp="1290578387"]
Look, I don't care about anyones history or whatever. I'm just saying based off tonight, the one time I have seen them this year, they are not good enough to compete for a trip to Austin. That's my opinion. Maybe these hurt players I keep hearing about will make a big difference but I really don't think they will be enough. I think Silsbee will take the district and HJ will lose in the regional semis or before. Sorry to hurt anyones feelings but they didn't look good to me tonight.
[/quote]

That was one game, if the season was all based off that one game then HJ might have some problems. BUT, last time i checked high school basketball teams play more than one game in a season. I've learned in my years of watching this team play, i know those 3 coaches can motivate their players to play at a 150% of every single play of every single game.If a team underestimates HJ they are in for a rude awakening....and by the way it's not history it's tradition.......Best of luck to the Bulldogs for the rest of the season!

[quote name="stevenash" post="917864" timestamp="1290571831"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=76554.msg917795#msg917795 date=1290568624]
Great win dogs. Played well for so early in the season. HJ will be fine this year. Not sure how good the hurt players are but I don't think they are good enough for state though.
[/quote]

Heres a little history for you dog.  A couple of years ago, Nederland beat HJ by twenty and then HJ turned around and lost to Central the next game and was 1-2.  They were in Austin at the end of the season.
[/quote]
[quote author=speechless link=topic=76554.msg918056#msg918056 date=1290616954]
[quote]Not sure how good the hurt players are but I don't think they are good enough for state though.[/quote]

[quote]I'm just saying based off tonight, the one time I have seen them this year, they are not good enough to compete for a trip to Austin[/quote]

how could anyone from Nederland know what a team good enough to go to state looks like? :o

2 can play that game
[/quote]

Well from what Nashy said, We got to see what a team good enough for state "looks" like..  ;)

You are right, two can play that game  :D

But back to this game and no more history lessons from HJ, because anybody who gets on the Forum knows about HJ and its playoffs runs by all the talk about them.

Nederland beat them pretty solid last night. Offense and defense. Both teams had injuries and Both teams looked sloppy. This was one of the first few games of the season for Both teams. Its early.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="918143" timestamp="1290625988"]
I've learned and was taught a loss is a loss just like a win, no matter who steps out on the floor or not. Using missing or injured players is a readily excuse. ;)
[/quote]

You are absolutely right.  A loss is a loss.  Last time I checked, though, the number of total wins vs the total losses  in relation to ones peers is the important factor. Perceptions are not always correct.  I might ask some of you experts our there just how the perception of the Miami Heat compares to the reality of the Miami Heat at 8-6?
Are some offended that I brought up history regarding the last time Nederland beat HJ?  Thats fine.  I have no problem with that.  I find it interesting that there are many who deem history as irrelevant UNTIL the time that history helps to make their point- at which time history suddenly becomes one of the most important factors.  The fact that some schools have a "negative history" does not mean that the "positive history" of other schools is not relevant.  I watched the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Boston Celtics last week.  Would anyone care to make a substantial wager on which team will go further this season?

[quote name="stevenash" post="918167" timestamp="1290627924"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=76554.msg918143#msg918143 date=1290625988]
I've learned and was taught a loss is a loss just like a win, no matter who steps out on the floor or not. Using missing or injured players is a readily excuse. ;)
[/quote]

You are absolutely right.  A loss is a loss.  Last time I checked, though, the number of total wins vs the total losses  in relation to ones peers is the important factor. Perceptions are not always correct.  I might ask some of you experts our there just how the perception of the Miami Heat compares to the reality of the Miami Heat at 8-6?
Are some offended that I brought up history regarding the last time Nederland beat HJ?  Thats fine.  I have no problem with that.  I find it interesting that there are many who deem history as irrelevant UNTIL the time that history helps to make their point- at which time history suddenly becomes one of the most important factors.  The fact that some schools have a "negative history" does not mean that the "positive history" of other schools is not relevant.  I watched the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Boston Celtics last week.  Would anyone care to make a substantial wager on which team will go further this season?
[/quote]Why am I beginning to [color=goldenrod]FINA[/color][color=blue]LLY[/color] like you ??? ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="918167" timestamp="1290627924"]
[/quote]

You are absolutely right.  A loss is a loss.  Last time I checked, though, the number of total wins vs the total losses  in relation to ones peers is the important factor. Perceptions are not always correct.  I might ask some of you experts our there just how the perception of the Miami Heat compares to the reality of the Miami Heat at 8-6?
Are some offended that I brought up history regarding the last time Nederland beat HJ?  Thats fine.  I have no problem with that.  I find it interesting that there are many who deem history as irrelevant UNTIL the time that history helps to make their point- at which time history suddenly becomes one of the most important factors.  The fact that some schools have a "negative history" does not mean that the "positive history" of other schools is not relevant.  I watched the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Boston Celtics last week.  Would anyone care to make a substantial wager on which team will go further this season?
[/quote]

Oh I was simply pointing out that apparently Nederland did see a team that was good enough to go to State. In which Ned did win by 20 because Frances Torres went off and had 45 points. No attack to you Nashy  ;) Simply using your info from when Ned beat HJ by 20, and HJ still went to State.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="918170" timestamp="1290628205"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76554.msg918167#msg918167 date=1290627924]
[/quote]

[/quote]Why am I beginning to [color=goldenrod]FINA[/color][color=blue]LLY[/color] like you ??? ;D
[/quote]  DO NOT say that.  It will ruin things >:)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="917887" timestamp="1290574143"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=76554.msg917850#msg917850 date=1290570928]
Great win dogs. Played well for so early in the season. HJ will be fine this year. Not sure how good the hurt players are but I don't think they are good enough for state though.
[/quote]

Hurt players???  Well lets see....starting center and best 3 pointer shooter we have.  They will make a difference once and if we get them back. 

Not good enough for state???  They never are on paper but always seem to make a run.

Would have been nice to just to have left that comment off ForeverADog!!!!!

Best of luck to Nederland....they are very good and I hope they win 20-4A again.  Coach English is a class act and great coach!!!
[/quote]

This is a forum and he can say whatever he would like. I guess that hit you in the soft spot since HJ lost tonight. But it will be OK. Hardin Jefferson is always a good team, but I agree with him. HJ doesn't look like the deep state tournament team like has been in past years.
[/quote]  They didnt look like it (according to the wisdom on this board) at this point in either of those two seasons either.  I know you dont like history, but being in the regional final for four or five consecutive years speaks volumes.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="918174" timestamp="1290628363"]
[/quote]

You are absolutely right.  A loss is a loss.  Last time I checked, though, the number of total wins vs the total losses  in relation to ones peers is the important factor. Perceptions are not always correct.  I might ask some of you experts our there just how the perception of the Miami Heat compares to the reality of the Miami Heat at 8-6?
Are some offended that I brought up history regarding the last time Nederland beat HJ?  Thats fine.  I have no problem with that.  I find it interesting that there are many who deem history as irrelevant UNTIL the time that history helps to make their point- at which time history suddenly becomes one of the most important factors.  The fact that some schools have a "negative history" does not mean that the "positive history" of other schools is not relevant.  I watched the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Boston Celtics last week.  Would anyone care to make a substantial wager on which team will go further this season?
[/quote]

Oh I was simply pointing out that apparently Nederland did see a team that was good enough to go to State. In which Ned did win by 20 because Frances Torres went off and had 45 points. No attack to you Nashy  ;) Simply using your info from when Ned beat HJ by 20, and HJ still went to State.
[/quote]  As I said earlier, Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors both beat the Celtics this season but I believe only one of those teams will be involved in the playoffs.  I also dont think the Cavs and Raptors are proclaiming themselves world beaters for that feat.

[quote name="stevenash" post="918201" timestamp="1290631250"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=76554.msg917887#msg917887 date=1290574143]
[/quote]

Hurt players???  Well lets see....starting center and best 3 pointer shooter we have.  They will make a difference once and if we get them back. 

Not good enough for state???  They never are on paper but always seem to make a run.

Best of luck to Nederland....they are very good and I hope they win 20-4A again.  Coach English is a class act and great coach!!!
[/quote]

This is a forum and he can say whatever he would like. I guess that hit you in the soft spot since HJ lost tonight. But it will be OK. Hardin Jefferson is always a good team, but I agree with him. HJ doesn't look like the deep state tournament team like has been in past years.
[/quote]  They didnt look like it (according to the wisdom on this board) at this point in either of those two seasons either.  I know you dont like history, but being in the regional final for four or five consecutive years speaks volumes.
[/quote]

I never said I didnt like history.. Im just saying HJ doesnt look to have that star potential of a team like they have had in the past. Some of the students were started chanting "Over-rated" towards the end of the game. And while they were just saying that because Nederland was winning, I, along with other people in the area who arent wrapped around the idea that HJ created Basketball, can look at what this team has and make some what of a judgement call and say that HJ isnt what they have had in the past. JMO..

[quote name="stevenash" post="918205" timestamp="1290631458"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=76554.msg918174#msg918174 date=1290628363]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh I was simply pointing out that apparently Nederland did see a team that was good enough to go to State. In which Ned did win by 20 because Frances Torres went off and had 45 points. No attack to you Nashy  ;) Simply using your info from when Ned beat HJ by 20, and HJ still went to State.
[/quote]  As I said earlier, Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors both beat the Celtics this season but I believe only one of those teams will be involved in the playoffs.  I also dont think the Cavs and Raptors are proclaiming themselves world beaters for that feat.
[/quote]

I dont see how this applies here..  ??? ??? ???  Nederland came into this game expecting to win and did just that. TCB

[quote name="dogs1218" post="918247" timestamp="1290637477"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76554.msg918201#msg918201 date=1290631250]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never said I didnt like history.. Im just saying HJ doesnt look to have that star potential of a team like they have had in the past. Some of the students were started chanting "Over-rated" towards the end of the game. And while they were just saying that because Nederland was winning, I, along with other people in the area who arent wrapped around the idea that HJ created Basketball, can look at what this team has and make some what of a judgement call and say that HJ isnt what they have had in the past. JMO..
[/quote]  And I am responding by suggesting it is way too early in the season to "declare" who is and isnt good enough to go to state, hence the Celtics-Raptors-Cavs analogy.

[quote name="speechless" post="918056" timestamp="1290616954"]

2 can play that game
[/quote]

so 2 people can be classless! 

[quote name="utfan06" post="918369" timestamp="1290647758"]
Was hj still missing there starters?
[/quote]No, two starters.  A third starter was questionable with an ankle sprain, but he played last night.

The two starters are post Anderson, who would have matched well with Nederland last night, although not in the class of Forney.  The other starter is Sutherland, who gives HJ a good outside threat.  Very good 3 point shooter.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="918247" timestamp="1290637477"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=76554.msg918201#msg918201 date=1290631250]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Who said anything about HJ creating basketball?  Just because we have a more avid fan base than anyone else is not our fault.  Perhaps if yall had more success more Bulldog fans would get on here & post.  Last night was a typical example of a 3A school playing a 4A school.  A lot more kids to pull from & a lot more depth.  I've already congratulated Nederland on their win on a couple of other threads & wish yall the best of luck the rest of the season.     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476