Montgomery vs Pearland Dawson Predictions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="1ZANMAN" post="916251" timestamp="1290400429"]
This is a toss up Dawson is really good against the run which I believe is Montgomerys strength. But I picked Montgomery to win the region so, im taking Montgomery.
[/quote]

They might be good against the run, but Montgomery isn't a one deminsional team like last year.  People overlook the fact that they have 2 good WR's and a three year starter at QB, that happens to be the coach's son.  Trust me, they can pass, if needed.  Dobbins is one of the most explosive players i've ever seen, and he always seems to get his yards.  House is a very talented HB as well.  The Bear defense is pretty good too.

Montgomery 42
Dawson 38

[quote name="1ZANMAN" post="916299" timestamp="1290407217"]
Brenhamfan I agree ith what you have said. I havent seen them in person im sure you have. But I did pick Montgomery to win the region from what I heard they seem to be the real deal. Dobbins reminds me of a runningback we have down here in Tim Wright of La Marque.
[/quote]

Ya man, Dobbins reminds me of a hs version of Chris Johnson.  He doesn't run a 4.29, but he is extremely fast once turns the corner or gets through a hole.  I'm most impressed with his acceleration after cuts, but he is also very tough, and a good blocker for his size.  Play action passes will be big in this game.

Leroy reminds me of Tony Dorsett with his vision, elusive speed, and the ability to turn on a dime and not break stride. He's at full speed in a step. He's been clocked at a 4.39, but thing about that is, he does that in pads. One step and he's gone, and can still lower his head and finish off that run. He hangs on to the ball, another plus, and he is deceptively strong. If you saw him in the weight room, you'd really be in aw! This kid is the real deal.

Honestly, Pearland Dawson is going to have to come up with something other than a run game. Run defense is the Bears strength, their defense is on the small side, but they all are strong and fast. Speed is the key to their success.

Offense sells tickets and makes the highlight reels, but defense wins championships. I think Montgomery has a pretty good blend of both. Dawson better do their homework, because the Beards are doing theirs. They are i films right now, and watching for any "tell" they can pick up on. Man on man, hat on hat...........lights out football is all the Bears know!

This is a game to watch! I will take Dawson, but I know Montgomery is the real deal. I think this game is going to be brutally physical. Dawson does not miss tackles, and has athletes everywhere, Montgomery has had its share of big games but this will show just how well it really matches up. Last years Regional title holder is not going to just hand it over. After my Friendswood game, this is the one I would love to see in person.

[quote name="1ZANMAN" post="916299" timestamp="1290407217"]
Brenhamfan I agree ith what you have said. I havent seen them in person im sure you have. But I did pick Montgomery to win the region from what I heard they seem to be the real deal. Dobbins reminds me of a runningback we have down here in Tim Wright of La Marque.
[/quote]

Any word on Wright's ankle?  From what I've heard he's a heck of a player.  Hopefully he's able to come back and play.

[quote name="1ZANMAN" post="916791" timestamp="1290468632"]
Wright is going to see the doctor and see what he saids. He's been battling both ankle sprains all year he's a major D-1 recruit to. He saids he can play but we will see how affective he can be. Brenhamfan how far you think Montgomery will go?
[/quote]

Semi-finals....  Region 4 will produce the state champion.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="916945" timestamp="1290479138"]
[quote author=1ZANMAN link=topic=76491.msg916926#msg916926 date=1290478206]
Brenhamfan... Aledo in Division 2 will win the State Championship. I'll go with the winner of Lake Travis and Cedar Park to win the Division 1 State Championship
[/quote]

Exactly what I think.
[/quote]That is what my vives are thinking, but.... If Dayton is fortunate enough to play four more games, got to go with the Broncos.  Aledo in Division II does look tough.

Yup one is Friendswood who they shouldve won they lost the game themselves there. And they lost to LM saw both of the games they turned the ball over like 4 times against LM to if they don't turn the ball over than they win both games. May I say they had a 21-0 lead on Friendswood to.

[quote name="1ZANMAN" post="916983" timestamp="1290481009"]
Yup one is Friendswood who they shouldve won they lost the game themselves there. And they lost to LM saw both of the games they turned the ball over like 4 times against LM to if they don't turn the ball over than they win both games. May I say they had a 21-0 lead on Friendswood to.
[/quote]

friendswood does not have the offense PN-G does

[quote name="indianforever" post="916984" timestamp="1290481080"]
[quote author=1ZANMAN link=topic=76491.msg916983#msg916983 date=1290481009]
[/quote]

friendswood does not have the offense PN-G does
[/quote]Got that right, they have a better offense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83