**HUMBLE vs. BEAUMONT CENTRAL Broadcast/HUMBLE WINS!!!!!!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="914180" timestamp="1290260513"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76359.msg914174#msg914174 date=1290260041]
The flag on the Jag TD with a minute left was a heartbreaker... To go from TD to 2nd and forever That's an emotional high and los within a matter of seconds... I just knew we were looking at a 28-27 Jag win...
[/quote]
Dont wanna make excuses but was it a "phantom" flag or was it a good call? ???
[/quote]
There were actually two flags on the play. One was Holding which I saw as Mitchell went around the edge, the end was wrapped around his guy, but it was declined because it was a ten yarder. The one that was accepted was an ilegal block below the waste (15 yards). Didn't see it, but I agree with Soulja, it had to have occured away from the ball.

The Mo changed on the muffed punt, but I thought the game was lost on Centrals first possesion of the second half after Humble went down and scored to tie it at 14, Central Ran for 2, Ran for no gain, then ran for a yard on 3rd and 8 ???. Not sure what the Central OC was thinking, wasn't like they had been running wild in the first half. Other than Heards one TD, the only other rushing yards they had were on QB draws and scrambles. Didn't utilize it until it was too late.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="octfeb" post="914245" timestamp="1290266808"]
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/7303258.html
[/quote]
Quote from that article.  "[i]“I expected a close game, a tough game, and it was,” Andrew Washington said. “They’ve got a good team and our kids tried their best, but sometimes you’re just overmatched.” [/i]
Seriously?!?  The fans blame the coaches, and the coaches blame the team.  No personal responsibility.  Proud of you JAGS!  Next year looks bright.

[quote name="Newbie" post="914260" timestamp="1290267661"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=76359.msg914245#msg914245 date=1290266808]
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/7303258.html
[/quote]
Quote from that article.  "[i]“I expected a close game, a tough game, and it was,” Andrew Washington said. “They’ve got a good team and our kids tried their best, but sometimes you’re just overmatched.” [/i]
Seriously?!?  The fans blame the coaches, and the coaches blame the team.  No personal responsibility.  Proud of you JAGS!  Next year looks bright.
[/quote]

The only ones over-matched in that game were the coaching staff.  I new from the get go that the talent level over there was going to be able to handle us at least for 2-3 quarters.  I figured it would come down to a big play or two.

The Central coaching staff came out in the second half, and didn't anticipate half time adjustments.  They should of known that it was going to happen, it something that is indicative on film.  Our best quarter is the third, especially against great football teams.    Central gave up on their intermediate routes to early, trying to throw down field WAY TOO OFTEN.  Nothing on film indicated that those were high probability passes, in fact the opposite.   

Like everyone keeps repeating, nothing to hang your heads about....great effort, and lots of heart was displayed last night.

[quote name="badndn" post="914111" timestamp="1290235465"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76359.msg914107#msg914107 date=1290234869]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76359.msg914102#msg914102 date=1290234287]
Better team did not win tonight, the better coached team won.
Sad for the kids. Mitchell could have had 300 through the air and 100 on the ground had the staff adjusted. Should have had Mitchell rolling out to give him some options. On the defensive side Central should have went to a 4 man front and stuffed the run. Make Humble throw the ball, they were not very good through the air. QB was inacurate and lofted some throws. #33 was all they had. Make the QB throw more and Central picks a few off!!!

Can't believe that Humble team beat Willis by 31. Wonder what we will see tomorrow night?

Future is bright for Central if Mitchell is utilized correctly. Needs a QB coach and some time working on timing on all the throws. He had WR open deep all night, but waited too long to throw, but he was making the right decisions most of the night which is impressive for a young QB.
Good Season Jags. See ya again next year.
[/quote]

The better coached teams, are generally the better teams.   ::)

Does it ever dawn on yall at all that maybe WE didn't play up to par? that WE weren't executing?   So extremely one-sided on this board its incredible.  its SETX or nothing.  

i try to be as fair and balanced as possible when discussing things, but yall make it hard sometimes.   If we, and could we's don't win games....

We were down 14....Central was in position to kill us.   We fought back, caught a couple breaks....cleaned up our play...and won. (ITS WHAT GOOD TEAMS DO)

geez. the worst ones aren't even Central fans.  

[/quote]
Callin' it like I saw it. I think if you went back and looked at my posts after games you would find that when we get outplayed I state it. Nota homer
[/quote]

Thats fine, call it how you see it.  You just can't see. 

So you are telling me that Better coached teams, aren't generally the better teams?  What exactly made Central the "better" team?  do you see where i am going with this.  The only reason why you wouldn't give Humble props for coming out of a 14pt hole, and taking every break and turning it into an advantage....is because we are on the wrong side of that River.

Good teams play hard, and leave it on the field.  Great teams find ways to wins even when it seems unlikely.  But apparently....Humble just got lucky  ::)  . Not only does that discredit Humble, but it discredits Centrals efforts.  Both teams are very good, but championship contenders take advantage of breaks.  When the ball bounces funny, you have to teach your kids how to handle it....pick it up...and take it the distance.  Both teams had their chance to seal the deal.  Central lead by 14 at one point, and Humble by 10.  Had central been able to score 1 or two more scores, it may of been enough to stop us from surging.  Had Humble scored in the fourth instead of kicking the field goal, it would of put Humble up by 14pts...and likely of sealed the win then.

it came down to execution, and sometimes difference between the better team and the one that lost...is in the details.

Central gained so much respect from me.  They showed a lot of heart, and never at any point gave up. 

You're right...Central is the better team, they couldn't beat the "better coached team".  ::)    Do you read how stupid that sounds?

Golden triangle Homer you are....just glad the Jags aren't as blind as you are.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="914221" timestamp="1290265317"]
Good Job Humble.
Sounds like a heart breaker for Central.

I'm torn over this one as I generally root for both Humble and Central when Lee is not in the equation.
Hopefully the Wildcats can beat Friendswood next week.
[/quote] No Way

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="CATMAN" post="914353" timestamp="1290276206"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=76359.msg914221#msg914221 date=1290265317]
Good Job Humble.
Sounds like a heart breaker for Central.

I'm torn over this one as I generally root for both Humble and Central when Lee is not in the equation.
Hopefully the Wildcats can beat Friendswood next week.
[/quote] No Way
[/quote]

Out of your cave for the day? Thansk for you input.  ??? Glad you can predict football and dont put much stock and stick to bb.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder