**EVADALE vs. D'HANIS Broadcast**/EVADALE WINS 55-21!!!!!

Great job Rebs!!  Fired on all cylinders last night!  Coach Williams did all he could to keep from running up the score as the JV played both sides of the ball for most of the 4th.  Having said that, I saw some young guys with plenty of hunger to hit someone last night, so looks to me like the Rebs will be in good shape for a few years.
Thanks to SETXsports and AggiesAreWe for the coverage.  Come back next week and we'll do it again against powerhouse Falls City...

As country as I can possibly sound,  "We ain't scared"!!!   LOL    Good luck Rebs!

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="914225" timestamp="1290265630"]
No problem WOS Grad....It was a few days since my last log-on and didn't know you and Aggie were on the job last night.  I would've gone to the booth and made sure Aggie could perform under pressure had I known he was just a few rows up.  Thanks for the help all year.
[/quote]

I sure could have used some help. ;D That was tough doing it by myself, but enjoyed every minute of it. Looking forward to broadcasting next week's Evadale/Falls City game!!

I know I'll have someone with me next week. ;)

Spend three of the four quarters on the sidelines taking pictures. The first half might have been the best couple of quarters the Rebels have played in the last few years! Everything seemed to work.

D'Hanis had good size, decent speed and looked to be a foratable opponent before the game started. But the dye was cast in the first two minutes. Josh Swift booted the opening kick off two yards deep in the endzone and the kick return team smashed the return man down at the 10 yard line. Three and out for the defense forcing a punt and great field position on the Cowboy 49 yard line. First play from scrimmage and the Rebels fake a jet sweep that Billy Nichols keeps and takes to the house.

five offensive plays - 3 for 5 yards for D'Hanis + a punt and 1 for the Rebels with 10:15 still left in the quarter and the rout was on.

The Rebels score 35 first half points and came within a hair of another TD as time ran out in the half. After half time the Rebels closed most of the play book and just ground out the Cowboys. The Rebels drove the field and put up another score on the first possesion of the 2nd half. Then the Cowboys made their only drive scoring with 5:23 left in the third. But the Rebels responded and in just a minute and 12 seconds had scored to push the lead back to 41 points.

The Cowboys did score two more TD, but it took them most of 10 minutes to score those on the Rebel JV and second team defensive players.

The Rebels will have a difficult game coming up against Falls City, but this team is peeking at teh right time and they now have a playoff victory to feed off of, so who knows what can happen. Things could get interesting in Rebel Land from here on out!

[quote author=BLUEMULE link=topic=76348.msg914356#msg914356 date=1290276315]
anyone know the status of the D'Hanis back that was injured and taken to hospital.....?
[/quote
I talked to coach Conner this morning he said the young man was back on the sidelines late in the 2nd half he just got popped pretty good but he was ok

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa