West Brook vs. Pearland (11-0) Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="indianforever" post="907487" timestamp="1289687253"]
Pearland by as many as they want
[/quote]Really? You think so? What does Pearland do that WB hasn't already seen this year. I would venture to say they dont do more than NS or Katy. We'll be ready? I believe it may be closer than people think. WB wasn't suppose to have a prayer last year against FB Hightower, either....who was also 11-0. We all know the outcome of that game. WB won 26-21. The fat lady aint warming up, just yet!

This is what I've been told about Pearland: Oilers defense isn't their strong suit. Great offense with RB and QB. WB should be able to eat them up with the passing game and get enough yards on the ground to keep them honest.

Their district seems to focus heavily on outscoring rather than stopping...you guys have a great chance if you bring your typical D. All 21-5A games will be basically offense vs defense matchups.

Here is Pearland's schedule this season. No common opponents in this one.

Houston Madison (6-4)      W    35-14
FB Kempner (5-5)              W    41-27
Houston Memorial (5-5)      W    49-42
Clear Springs  (8-2)          W    40-38
Clear Lake (4-6)                W    35-18
Dickinson (5-5)                W    44-31
Clear Creek (7-3)              W    35-28
Brazoswood (4-6)              W    27-23
Clear Brook (5-5)              W    48-25
Alvin (1-9)                        W    62-23

FB Kempner                      W    28-13

Looks to me like if our D steps up and makes some stops, WB can beat this team. They have made their way by simply outscoring their opponents. Teams with winning records against them, have played them really close. I like WB's chances in this game.

[quote name="LP0175" post="908028" timestamp="1289703498"]
if WB can hold Oilers to under 150 yds rushing then i see WB winning by 10, if not then Oilers will take this one.
[/quote]Thats assuming their secondary can stop our passing attack. Come to think of it, I hope their defense is as good as Dobie's defense. BTW, does anybody have the game stats for the Dobie game? I bet we had over 400 yards of offense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont