Huffman vs Navasota predictions

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="SouthPaugh" post="912265" timestamp="1290104934"]
Depends on Navasota.  If they are sloppy, it will be a game.  If not, they win by 10 or more.  
[/quote]

???

[quote name="chs11" post="912461" timestamp="1290122030"]
[quote author=insidetrap link=topic=76018.msg912158#msg912158 date=1290097379]
Just curious, how many people on here also picked Silsbee over Huffman...... ????
[/quote]

I actually picked huffman to win last week, but not this week.
[/quote]

I hope they prove me wrong though.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="GoPanthers99" post="911351" timestamp="1290007528"]
[quote author=paintballove link=topic=76018.msg910379#msg910379 date=1289881591]
Our last round two loss in 04' was to... Palestine?
[/quote]
That WOS team was crazy stacked as. One of their players is now on the seattle seahawks (Earl Thomas) they also had Deion Beasley who went to UT...Huffman shocked the world.

But for this year, both teams have athletes and I think it will be a shootout that Huffman will come out on top in
Huffman    38
Navasota  31
[/quote]

dj you so ripped my prediction.  8)

[quote name="beechnut" post="912272" timestamp="1290105869"]
[quote author=SouthPaugh link=topic=76018.msg912265#msg912265 date=1290104934]
Depends on Navasota.  If they are sloppy, it will be a game.  If not, they win by 10 or more.  
[/quote]

???
[/quote]

Seen both play.  Navasota has more athletic talent.  That doesnt make them the better team or that they will win.  They just have a higher ceiling.  And their coach is top notch. Won a state title at Rogers.  Rebuilt Robinson who went to the state finals the year after he left and subsequently tanked. Now rebuilt talent rich Navasota.

[quote name="fortheloveofthegame22" post="912707" timestamp="1290139193"]
It will be a hard fought game, they will play until the final whistle and one of them will come out victorious.. Maybe Huffman, Maybe Navasota either way each school & town should be proud of there team not matter the outcome.
[/quote]

I agree 100%. I'm so proud of the Huffman boys, as I'm sure Navasota is of their boys. And as far as some other comments go, I don't think it's right to say that Navasota has better athletes, especially if you haven't really looked at the Huffman team very closely.

I have been very discrete about who I am and who I may or may not be related to, but I've taken alot of offense when their are remarks made that insult the Huffman players and their ablities and skills. Many of them are just as deserving, hardworking and talented as alot of the boys from these highly ranked schools. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your players and brag about them, just don't insult someone else in the process.

[quote name="mj22" post="913143" timestamp="1290198453"]
[quote author=fortheloveofthegame22 link=topic=76018.msg912707#msg912707 date=1290139193]
It will be a hard fought game, they will play until the final whistle and one of them will come out victorious.. Maybe Huffman, Maybe Navasota either way each school & town should be proud of there team not matter the outcome.
[/quote]

I agree 100%. I'm so proud of the Huffman boys, as I'm sure Navasota is of their boys. And as far as some other comments go, I don't think it's right to say that Navasota has better athletes, especially if you haven't really looked at the Huffman team very closely.

I have been very discrete about who I am and who I may or may not be related to, but I've taken alot of offense when their are remarks made that insult the Huffman players and their ablities and skills. Many of them are just as deserving, hardworking and talented as alot of the boys from these highly ranked schools. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your players and brag about them, just don't insult someone else in the process.
[/quote]

I watched Huffman play.  Navasota just has better athletes.  Like I said, it doesnt mean that they are the better TEAM.  Nor does it mean that Navasota has the best athlete.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="910439" timestamp="1289905005"]
[quote author=mj22 link=topic=76018.msg908743#msg908743 date=1289756273]
COMPARING BY NUMBERS....

Scoring Averages:

Q1      Q2    Q3    Q4      Final
Navasota   6.0     13.1   5.8   6.3      33.6
[b]Hargrave   12.3    15.4  11.3  9.9      46.3 [/b]

Record:
Navasota: 9-2

You can't possibly use this as a way of determining the outcome.  Both schools played a wide variety of different teams.  I really think Navasota gets this one.  They always have lots of speed and size over their.
Huffman:  9-2

Rushing yards per game:
[b]Navasota: 180.0[/b]
Huffman: 162.1

Passing yards per game:
Navasota: 180.6
[b]Huffman: 299.3[/b]

Total yards per game:
Navasota: 360.6
[b]Huffman: 461.4[/b]

Tackles per game:
[b]Navasota: 81[/b]
Huffman:56.6

Points per game:
Navasota: 31.1
[b]Huffman: 46.1[/b]

[/quote]

Don't bet your money using MAXPREP stats.. ;D ;D
[/quote]

Unforunately the Huffman season is now over. But I am so proud of all the boys and the coaching staff the an amazing hard fought season. The game was closer than the score showed and they played their hearts out on that field.

And now I would like to explain why I've been so die hard for Huffman and so defensive.... my little brother is on the team (RILEY JULIAN, WR, #6 )and I've chose not to disclose that until now because I didn't want people to cover up or sugar coat what they would say because they knew that.

But anyway, I am SO SO SO extremely proud of him for his performance last night and can't wait to see what the future holds for him and all of the other seniors, as well as the underclassmen next year.

great season boys, hold your heads high!!!

I don't have any children that play or brothers but my family and I are die hard Falcon fans, we follow them when they only won one game for the season and the years they go to the playoffs. I have always kept up with High school football and I want you to know this year the boys made it a very enjoyable and exciting season, one of the best in my 46 years.
They do have a lot to be proud of and to hold their heads high
thanks for the great season and the memories

As for as Navasota having better athletes I am sure thats what we thought last year when our Baseball team knocked them out.
The Kids from both teams left it on the Field...

Guest jhamilton
It was a good season and our new stadium over here has done wonders about community pride since they built it. I think that Coach Mac and the staff have something to build on and they will be good for years to come.

PS Tell Coach Deberry to ten run Coldspring and Navasota which should not be to tough.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami