Anahuac vs. Jefferson Broadcast Thread/ANAHUAC WINS 28-0

WOSgrad

SETXsports.com which, brings you comprehensive coverage of the Class 2A, Division I playoffs, is proud to announce the coverage of the Anahuac Panthers.  Tonight, the Panthers (8-2 on the year and 10-2A-I runner ups) take on the Jefferson Bulldogs (6-4 on the year and 9-2A-I 3rd place team) in bi-district play.

Join Jereme Hubbard and Todd Broussard for all of the action from Lumberjack Stadium in Diboll beginning with the 7:15 pregame taking you to the 7:30 kickoff.

Listen to the game by clicking on the following thread:

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=201:the-ot-scoreboard-show&catid=73:games

[quote name="Scooter!" post="906218" timestamp="1289619918"]
[quote author=alice link=topic=75981.msg906211#msg906211 date=1289619847]
Congrats anahuac, just caught the last of the broadcast what caused all the comotion?
[/quote]what happened?
[/quote]

checking to make sure I heard correct to what happened.  I was out of the room when it happened and could barely hear but I know a bad fight broke out in the last seconds of the game.  They kept referring to the Jefferson coach and a very poor decision he made but I don't want to point fingers until I know for sure.  give me a sec.

Guest jhamilton
Something about the Jefferson HC called three timeouts at the end of the game. Not sure but something crazy. Yo Jeremy sp and Todd enjoyed listening and you guys sounded great. Good job Anahuac and Jefferson maybe next year.

[quote name="beechnut" post="906368" timestamp="1289622657"]
Something about the Jefferson HC called three timeouts at the end of the game. Not sure but something crazy. Yo Jeremy sp and Todd enjoyed listening and you guys sounded great. Good job Anahuac and Jefferson maybe next year.
[/quote]

You are correct.  Anahuac was kneeling the ball running out the clock and Jefferson HC burned all 3 TO's on 1st-3rd down.  Anahuac called a TO after Jefferson burned their last and drew up a play to ge the first down but didn't.  Jefferson's first play was called to Jefferson's sideline and when the tackle happened all heck broke loose.

Let's leave it at that and no bashing of coaches.  It will not be tolerated!

Great win for AP and Coach Barbay.  I was happy to be in attendance at this game.  Jefferson was huge, but slow.  If AP hold onto the ball in the first half, it would have been 42-0.  AP had way to much speed for those boys.  And Lefty, I understand the no bashing of coaches, but c'mon, the Jefferson coach deserves his dues man.  That was pathetic.  You lost, AP was doing the right thing kneeling and your D-line is still busting thru on kneel downs.  Give me a break.  Win with class, lose with class...Now I'll shut up.  Once again, don't let their actions take away from a solid win for the Panthers and Coach B.  Buna is proud of you and Newton.  Lets go EC next week, keep those winning ways up for 10-2A D1!

Great win for the Panthers...nice to see them hold on to the ball in the 2nd half!  I didn't get to see the skirmish at the end, was already at the truck.  Jefferson was definitely a big team, but unless you can throw the ball you won't have much success moving the ball against our defense.  It was nice to pitch a shutout and next up - Crockett.

Go AP!!!

First of all, it was a BLAST to do color on this game.  This was my first time as color analyst (and it probably showed) and it was great to work aside Jereme in this game.

As for what happened at the end of the game, let me just say like Jereme did that Coach Hale is going to have to answer some very difficult questions on Monday as result of his actions, which from where Jereme and I were sitting had no visible justification whatsoever.

But that should not dim what was a dominating performance by the Panthers, who showed a lot of speed in comparison to their Jefferson counterparts.

Good luck against Crockett next week guys!

Way to go AP! Defense was key they held Jefferson to only 31 rushing and 47 passing, so much for that running back from Jefferson he could not get away from that Panther Defense and the QB from Jefferson will remember #11 Wyatt Raymond of Anahuac he sacked the QB several times. Congrats to the Anahuac defense for an outstanding job and the Offense stepped it up in the second half to bring the win home.

Justin Albritton= 20 carries, 203 yards and 3 TD's and 1 TD catch
Martice Henry=13 carries, 123 yards

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder